Author Topic: Cam Reddish - The Saviour of our 2019 Kings Pick  (Read 2209 times)

Cam Reddish - The Saviour of our 2019 Kings Pick
« on: December 23, 2017, 04:21:46 AM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
https://youtu.be/CcaXJJgnspg (4:34 minute breakdown)

If the Lakers pick doesn't fall to the range we want then obviously the pick turns into a Kings 2019 1st, something I wasn't too keen on as the players on offer in that draft either don't suit our needs or aren't up to the same standards as the studs from the 2018 draft class. Insert Cam Reddish, someone who has been climbing the draft boards and perhaps will keep climbing until the 2019 draft. Cameron Reddish is a 6-8, 195-pound Shooting Guard from Haverford, PA who has committed to Duke.

Here is what some scouts have said about him:

“I thought he was awesome,” said Givony after watching him at the camp. “He really eased some of the concerns people have about him being too passive. I thought he was really aggressive.

“He’s very much a prototype with his size, body, length, and athleticism. He should have no problem guarding fours with that length and body type. Offensively, he can play any position: point guard, the two, the three. He can do a lot of different things. I think he’s a really unique guy.”

Rivals recruiting analyst Eric Bossi was just as effusive in his praise:

“He’s like Jimmy Butler 2.0 to me,” Bossi said. “If you go in the lab and create a basketball player, it would probably look something like Cam Reddish.”

Re: Cam Reddish - The Saviour of our 2019 Kings Pick
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2017, 11:08:47 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
CBS : "I don’t have the five positions anymore. It may be as simple as three positions now, where you’re either a ball-handler, a wing or a big.''

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/246779/Brad-Stevens-Only-Focusing-On-Three-Position-Types

Kyrie
Cam Reddish/RJ Barrett
Brown
Tatum
Horford (we need a long-term replacement for him)

Positionless basketball at its best!! Banner 18 here we come!! 8)

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 09:01:39 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Just replied to a random thread to get something other than the game thread on the board.

Sad..
Sad...sad.

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 12:18:46 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
CBS : "I don’t have the five positions anymore. It may be as simple as three positions now, where you’re either a ball-handler, a wing or a big.''

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/246779/Brad-Stevens-Only-Focusing-On-Three-Position-Types

Kyrie
Cam Reddish/RJ Barrett
Brown
Tatum

Where’s Hayward?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2017, 10:38:26 AM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236

Kyrie
Cam Reddish/RJ Barrett
Brown
Tatum

Where’s Hayward?

Maybe he's anticipating Hayward switching over to e-Sports full time.

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2017, 11:12:39 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867

Kyrie
Cam Reddish/RJ Barrett
Brown
Tatum

I agree with the premise of handler, wing, big but most teams still play with 1 handler (pg), 2 wings (SG, SF) and 2 bigs (PF, C).  The point is that there is not much difference between a SG and a SF so call them both a wing, fine.  Also PF and C, OK, they are both bigs, fine.

I say all this to point out that I don't think what you call the positions changes things much and I also don't think Tatum is a big (or at least won't be next season).  I guess he may grown another inch and certainly will bulk up (or at least you hope so) but not next year.

The Celtics are at their best with 2 bigs, Horford-Baynes or Horford-Morris.  Yes, I consider Morris a big albeit barely.  As compared to Tatum, he is just much stronger allowing him to handle the role of a big in ways that Tatum can't right now.  Morris had a nice game last night.  Really injected some energy as well as production.

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2017, 03:07:26 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

Kyrie
Cam Reddish/RJ Barrett
Brown
Tatum

Where’s Hayward?
Just wanted to point out that Reddish/Barrett - Brown - Tatum could play together in the same lineup. They are approximately the same age, so I looked at it in terms of an age window. But yeah, you are right. I should have included Hayward as well.

I agree with the premise of handler, wing, big but most teams still play with 1 handler (pg), 2 wings (SG, SF) and 2 bigs (PF, C).  The point is that there is not much difference between a SG and a SF so call them both a wing, fine.  Also PF and C, OK, they are both bigs, fine.

I say all this to point out that I don't think what you call the positions changes things much and I also don't think Tatum is a big (or at least won't be next season).  I guess he may grown another inch and certainly will bulk up (or at least you hope so) but not next year.

The Celtics are at their best with 2 bigs, Horford-Baynes or Horford-Morris.  Yes, I consider Morris a big albeit barely.  As compared to Tatum, he is just much stronger allowing him to handle the role of a big in ways that Tatum can't right now.  Morris had a nice game last night.  Really injected some energy as well as production.
Starting lineup in the season opener against the Cavs was Kyrie - Brown - Hayward - Tatum - Horford.

1 ball-handler --> Kyrie
3 wings --> Brown - Hayward - Tatum
1 big --> Horford

I bet that's gonna be our starting lineup in next season's opener as well (assuming everybody is healthy).

If we draft either Reddish or Barrett, it's only logical to assume that CBS will continue to use 3 wings in our starting lineup for the foreseeable future.

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2017, 05:27:12 PM »

Online footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
If Lakers keep sliding, I'm hoping for some play on Bamba. Why wait until 2019??