Author Topic: Celtics (26-8) at Knicks (16-14) Game #35 12/21/17  (Read 32655 times)

Re: Celtics (26-8) at Knicks (16-14) Game #35 12/21/17
« Reply #405 on: December 21, 2017, 10:44:23 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
Can the C's really make it back to the ECF with this bench?

Maybe, Maybe not.

We traded away some depth to make room for Hayward and to acquire Irving. We all knew this at the time. Then Hayward's season ends in the first game. Now, Morris is apparently out long-term. Celts have played more games than anyone in the league. We are thin to start with and then get beat up by crazy injuries and a brutal schedule. What did you expect ?

I'm not angry at the young bench guys. I am obviously angry at Irving for abandoning Stevens' offense for large portions of games. I get angry at Stevens for playing too much midget-ball.

However, if Danny will add more interior defense and rebounding and if Stevens can hold a few guys more accountable and IF Hayward comes back anywhere near his former ability, we are looking at a long run of title contention. Be Patient - we are at the beginning.

hold accountable? he looks scared of players. not how u coach. if i am DA i am chewing bradd ass out after this. he would have no ass left once i was done with him. hes been garbage last 8 games,

Yep - I have mentioned several times that he is afraid of the players.
All his listening and composure and 'players coach' stuff is wonderful - but there are times you gotta bench people and chew ass when players don't follow your directions. Somebody needs to pull him aside and have a long talk with him about this. Did a soft coach ever win a title ?

so we agree on this? holy cow. i was wondering if i was the only one who sees this. players wont respect you if that is all he ever does. very disappointed in brad. hope he grows some balls soon. 
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #406 on: December 21, 2017, 10:46:32 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

Maybe, Maybe not.

We traded away some depth to make room for Hayward and to acquire Irving. We all knew this at the time. Then Hayward's season ends in the first game. Now, Morris is apparently out long-term. Celts have played more games than anyone in the league. We are thin to start with and then get beat up by crazy injuries and a brutal schedule. What did you expect ?

I'm not angry at the young bench guys. I am obviously angry at Irving for abandoning Stevens' offense for large portions of games. I get angry at Stevens for playing too much midget-ball.

However, if Danny will add more interior defense and rebounding and if Stevens can hold a few guys more accountable and IF Hayward comes back anywhere near his former ability, we are looking at a long run of title contention. Be Patient - we are at the beginning.

hold accountable? he looks scared of players. not how u coach. if i am DA i am chewing bradd ass out after this. he would have no ass left once i was done with him. hes been garbage last 8 games,

All his listening and composure and 'players coach' stuff is wonderful - but there are times you gotta bench people and chew ass when players don't follow your directions. Somebody needs to pull him aside and have a long talk with him about this. Did a soft coach ever win a title ?

KC Jones, and didn't Ty Lue just win one?

« Reply #407 on: December 21, 2017, 10:46:52 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Our record is a miirage

At best we are really 4th or 5th best in the East. And its catchin up on us...
Sad that we are becoming average again..and this will continue until wr get Hayward back.

« Reply #408 on: December 21, 2017, 10:47:12 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533

Maybe, Maybe not.

so we agree on this? holy cow. i was wondering if i was the only one who sees this. players wont respect you if that is all he ever does. very disappointed in brad. hope he grows some balls soon.
It's amazing how players missing shot after shot make someone a bad coach all of a sudden.

« Reply #409 on: December 21, 2017, 10:47:43 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Just like people overeacted to their 16 game win streak, people are overreacting to their bad play now. They have not played well recently but they are not as bad as they have been playing. The schedule has been rough, injuries a problem, and the bench being the issue we expected it to be. Just part of the maturation process for a young team.

« Reply #410 on: December 21, 2017, 10:47:57 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Maybe, Maybe not.

It's amazing how players missing shot after shot make someone a bad coach all of a sudden.

Open shot after open shot...

« Reply #411 on: December 21, 2017, 10:48:35 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Career night for Beasley. Calling it!
Sucks to be right  :(

« Reply #412 on: December 21, 2017, 10:48:38 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Crazy overreactions again.  We'll be in the ECF.  It's a longg season.  And fyi, Beasley has been feasting on teams lately, not just the tired and unmotivated Celts.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #413 on: December 21, 2017, 10:48:40 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Just like people overeacted to their 16 game win streak, people are overreacting to their bad play now. They have not played well recently but they are not as bad as they have been playing. The schedule has been rough, injuries a problem, and the bench being the issue we expected it to be. Just part of the maturation process for a young team.

TP, voice of reason.

« Reply #414 on: December 21, 2017, 10:49:03 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

Maybe, Maybe not.

[/quote

Lol the Stevens hate entertains me so much.

He isn't perfect (which, fyi, no coach is), but he is one of the best.

Instead of being impressed with what he has gotten out of a a new, young, banged up team, you nitpick.

It is something else.

you must not know what reading comprehension is do you? i have been the biggest CBS supporter but i am not a LEMMING like many here. I will justly criticize since i justly support also. he deserves much criticism lately. there is nothing you know to prove me wrong. DWI.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #415 on: December 21, 2017, 10:50:41 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

Maybe, Maybe not.

THE POINT------------------------------------>

YOUR HEAD-------------------------------------------->
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #416 on: December 21, 2017, 10:51:00 PM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
We need to upgrade our bench badly. I think we have to move on from Rozier and get a back up who can either run the offense or score. Rozier can not do either.

« Reply #417 on: December 21, 2017, 10:52:01 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
The team looks really tired with this crazy schedule... throw in all the injuries, and you have most of the story.

Rozier is in a terrible funk, Horford looks tired. The bench is really a group of very streaky shooters all playing at the same.

« Reply #418 on: December 21, 2017, 10:54:30 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Career night for Beasley. Calling it!
Sucks to be right  :(

I called it too but I didn't Hardaway was out...

"Michael Beasley has had some games against the Celtics in his career or maybe Tim Hardaway Jr.?"

« Reply #419 on: December 21, 2017, 10:54:34 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

Maybe, Maybe not.

Open shot after open shot...

right. same players in same spots and coach never tells them differently to try something else or adjust. he lets it continue. definition of insanity! this proves my points that went over another guys head. lol 
LET'S GO CELTICS!