Author Topic: Celtics (26-8) at Knicks (16-14) Game #35 12/21/17  (Read 32693 times)

Re: Celtics (26-8) at Knicks (16-14) Game #35 12/21/17
« Reply #390 on: December 21, 2017, 10:37:39 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
This is on the schedule. It is complete bullEdited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. that the Celtics have to play more games tha anyone just because the NBA wants to make expand its foreign marketing.

Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. the league.

« Reply #391 on: December 21, 2017, 10:38:04 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Still not ready to give up hope on making some noise in the playoffs. When we get Morris back and get out of this ridiculous part of the schedule, we'll be much better off. And that's not even mentioning if Hayward comes back early or we finally use the DPE on a bench upgrade.

But this has certainly been discouraging. We're clearly drained, and the injuries are just really exacerbating our issues.

« Reply #392 on: December 21, 2017, 10:38:08 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
Can the C's really make it back to the ECF with this bench?

Maybe, Maybe not.

We traded away some depth to make room for Hayward and to acquire Irving. We all knew this at the time. Then Hayward's season ends in the first game. Now, Morris is apparently out long-term. Celts have played more games than anyone in the league. We are thin to start with and then get beat up by crazy injuries and a brutal schedule. What did you expect ?

I'm not angry at the young bench guys. I am obviously angry at Irving for abandoning Stevens' offense for large portions of games. I get angry at Stevens for playing too much midget-ball.

However, if Danny will add more interior defense and rebounding and if Stevens can hold a few guys more accountable and IF Hayward comes back anywhere near his former ability, we are looking at a long run of title contention. Be Patient - we are at the beginning.
I'm not sure who you hold accountable. I think it's more a case as the further along we go, the more obvious the holes in the games of several players.  Semi can't shoot consistently enough. Theiss misses too many easy shots. Rozier is too inconsistent from outside, Nader apparently can't play at the NBA level, Brown is still too inconsistent from outside and misses too many FT's etc.

« Reply #393 on: December 21, 2017, 10:38:09 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
The Celtics just look tired and there's another back to back coming up. No rest for the weary...

« Reply #394 on: December 21, 2017, 10:38:09 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Garbage.  Horford, Baynes, and Smart are the only guys that defend.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #395 on: December 21, 2017, 10:38:10 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
2 straight crap games by Average Al and Terry the saviour Rozier resulted in back to back losses...Irving is all alone and looking tired now with no 2 days rest for another week...we could be facing our first 4 or 5 game losing streak.

Sssiiighhh....

« Reply #396 on: December 21, 2017, 10:39:22 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Relax, the Cs will be in the ECF again this year.  No doubt whatsoever.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #397 on: December 21, 2017, 10:40:30 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Still not ready to give up hope on making some noise in the playoffs. When we get Morris back and get out of this ridiculous part of the schedule, we'll be much better off. And that's not even mentioning if Hayward comes back early or we finally use the DPE on a bench upgrade.

But this has certainly been discouraging. We're clearly drained, and the injuries are just really exacerbating our issues.

I see this team getting blown out by Cleveland again.  They have no answers on offense.

« Reply #398 on: December 21, 2017, 10:40:49 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1551
The Celtics just look tired and there's another back to back coming up. No rest for the weary...

we look stupid like our coach lately who has lost control of the bench clowns..........or so it seems
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #399 on: December 21, 2017, 10:40:50 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722

Maybe, Maybe not.

We traded away some depth to make room for Hayward and to acquire Irving. We all knew this at the time. Then Hayward's season ends in the first game. Now, Morris is apparently out long-term. Celts have played more games than anyone in the league. We are thin to start with and then get beat up by crazy injuries and a brutal schedule. What did you expect ?

I'm not angry at the young bench guys. I am obviously angry at Irving for abandoning Stevens' offense for large portions of games. I get angry at Stevens for playing too much midget-ball.

However, if Danny will add more interior defense and rebounding and if Stevens can hold a few guys more accountable and IF Hayward comes back anywhere near his former ability, we are looking at a long run of title contention. Be Patient - we are at the beginning.

hold accountable? he looks scared of players. not how u coach. if i am DA i am chewing bradd ass out after this. he would have no ass left once i was done with him. hes been garbage last 8 games,

Yep - I have mentioned several times that he is afraid of the players.
All his listening and composure and 'players coach' stuff is wonderful - but there are times you gotta bench people and chew ass when players don't follow your directions. Somebody needs to pull him aside and have a long talk with him about this. Did a soft coach ever win a title ?
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #400 on: December 21, 2017, 10:41:45 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141

Maybe, Maybe not.

[/quote

hold accountable? he looks scared of players. not how u coach. if i am DA i am chewing bradd ass out after this. he would have no ass left once i was done with him. hes been garbage last 8 games,

Lol the Stevens hate entertains me so much.

He isn't perfect (which, fyi, no coach is), but he is one of the best.

Instead of being impressed with what he has gotten out of a a new, young, banged up team, you nitpick.

It is something else.

« Reply #401 on: December 21, 2017, 10:42:44 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1551

I see this team getting blown out by Cleveland again.  They have no answers on offense.

dude. this team is in a tailspin. stupid coaching and stupid players equal stuck on stupid.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #402 on: December 21, 2017, 10:42:50 PM »

Offline straightouttabahstun

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
  • That's turrible
I’m mad but I don’t think we should be overreacting. We need a break bad. It’s not fair that they’ve played this many games compared to everyone else. Teams clearly exhausted

« Reply #403 on: December 21, 2017, 10:43:10 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722

Maybe, Maybe not.

I'm not sure who you hold accountable. I think it's more a case as the further along we go, the more obvious the holes in the games of several players.  Semi can't shoot consistently enough. Theiss misses too many easy shots. Rozier is too inconsistent from outside, Nader apparently can't play at the NBA level, Brown is still too inconsistent from outside and misses too many FT's etc.

Kyrie dribbles too much, jacks up bad shots and does not attempt to run the offense for large periods of time. He also has yet to fight over the top of a screen this season.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #404 on: December 21, 2017, 10:44:17 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I wonder how this game would have turned out if Tatum had more than 1 shot attempt in the first half

Sure, but we had a double digit lead in the 3rd quarter. We let Beasley go All-world on us and the Knicks didn't even bother putting in their starters against us in the 4th.

I understand that last night's loss was the unacceptable one, but this is also unacceptable given our 2nd half lead. How do teams like the Knicks have a better bench than we do?

Cause we have 3 injured starters and an injured bench player.

2 injured starters and 2 bench starters, but yeah, I get it. When we lost Hayward, DA should have immediately signed a veteran scorer. We could then dump Nader and use the DPE later. This is ludicrous. We are/were the #1 team in the EC and we are currently counting on Nader, Yabusele, and Ojeleye for consistent minutes. Rozier is turning into an absolute disaster, too.

I am just not sure what purpose this is serving. The Cavs have Wade, Green, Thompson, and Korver coming off the bench with IT/Rose coming back soon. Our young bench players aren't exactly high potential prospects either.