Author Topic: Paul George Rental?  (Read 1234 times)

Paul George Rental?
« on: December 18, 2017, 09:54:42 PM »

Offline sdceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 45
Sucks to have lost Hayward to injury. Why not replace his production by going after George, who likely bolts for LA next year?

BOS Trades- Morris, Yabu, Nader, DPE, and two 2nd round picks

OKC Trades- Paul George

For Boston, the only real asset that sucks losing on is Yabu, IMO. Morris is good but hurt. I would even include our 2018 1st to get George for the rest of the season.

No room to keep PG after this year, unless we went in to luxury tax, but it would for sure allow for us to be able to go the distant with Cleveland and dare I say Golden State.

Re: Paul George Rental?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 10:01:04 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
No thanks.

I have zero interest in trading for a rental who likely bolts for LAL next year.

And frankly, George doesn't look as great this season.

Also just saying, but while Morris is hurt, you could have him late in the season for a key late season and playoff run, and you have him under control for next year too (also as potential trade bait for another young star who could be available via trade, for salary purposes).
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 10:17:21 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740
that doesnt match salaries, cant use dpe

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 10:29:43 PM »

Offline sdceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
The DPE is 8.4 million. Combine that with the 3 salaries and the trade would go through. I was under the understanding that the DPE can be used in such a trade, no?

Yabu is doing nothing. Nader is bench fodder. Morris salary is 5 million, so not much.

The DPE is what makes it even possible, and that won't be here next season.

It's a trade that brings an All-Star to add in to the mix to compete for a title.

There is not one asset going out that isn't worth a player who gives a legitimate shot at a title.

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 10:36:46 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Can’t trade the dpe

Also I can’t see old trading pg so soon. They’d rather roll the dice and let him walk then take on more contracts

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2017, 10:52:53 PM »

Offline sdceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
Ah crap, sorry guys. Didn't realize some of the conditions of the DPE. George has an option year, so isn't eligible in a trade wirh DPE.