Author Topic: Celtics and Memphis trade idea - Tyreke Evans to Celtics  (Read 15559 times)

Re: Celtics and Memphis trade idea - Tyreke Evans to Celtics
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2017, 09:00:23 PM »

Offline Sarcasma

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 0
To Memphis: Smart, Yabusele, Larkin, 2nd round picks

To Celtics: Tyreke Evans,  Ivan rabb , Mclemore

Reason for Grizzlies:  It's time to start rebuilding.  Team should field offers for Gasol and attach Parsons salary (terrible contact) when they decide to trade the big fella.

Reason for Celtics.  Evans would provide dependable scoring off the bench.   He is the key of this trade.  CBS should be able to rejuvanate Mclemores career.  A player Ainge has always liked.   

I know some Smart fans won't like this idea...but he has not improved from last season and will want to get paid more money than he deserves.  Come playoff time a player like Evans will be more valuable than a player like Smart.   Semi can do many of things Smart can do defensively also

lineup after trade

Baynes
Horford
Tatum
Brown
Irving

Theis
Morris/Rabb
Evans
Mclemore
Rozier

Anything that gets SMart off the team is a yes from me.

I actually asked fans on the Reddit Celtics board if they would trade Smart for Tyreke straight up, and they said NO...LOL.

I cant wait until Smart is off the team.

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2017, 10:06:20 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
To Memphis: Smart, Yabusele, Larkin, 2nd round picks

To Celtics: Tyreke Evans,  Ivan rabb , Mclemore

Reason for Grizzlies:  It's time to start rebuilding.  Team should field offers for Gasol and attach Parsons salary (terrible contact) when they decide to trade the big fella.

Reason for Celtics.  Evans would provide dependable scoring off the bench.   He is the key of this trade.  CBS should be able to rejuvanate Mclemores career.  A player Ainge has always liked.   

I know some Smart fans won't like this idea...but he has not improved from last season and will want to get paid more money than he deserves.  Come playoff time a player like Evans will be more valuable than a player like Smart.   Semi can do many of things Smart can do defensively also

lineup after trade

Baynes
Horford
Tatum
Brown
Irving

Theis
Morris/Rabb
Evans
Mclemore
Rozier

Anything that gets SMart off the team is a yes from me.

I actually asked fans on the Reddit Celtics board if they would trade Smart for Tyreke straight up, and they said NO...LOL.

I cant wait until Smart is off the team.

What you doing though is trading for about a little more than a 1/2 season of Evans as we may only be able to re-sign him using our exceptions and with the way he is playing it probably won’t be enough.

In a vacuum I would do it, but when look at contract situations not as easy.

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2017, 10:21:42 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
He'd probably injure himself signing the contract.  Hard pass.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2017, 11:28:57 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Don't even know much about Tyreke Evans..i think that means no
won't trade Smart for scrubs, he has value here

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2017, 12:35:21 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
The 2010 ROY who has basically been a 16/5/5 guy his whole career, who is closing in on 20/5/5 this year? You haven't heard much of him?

He is so much better than Smart it's not funny. Calling Evans a scrub in comparison to Smart is laughably misinformed
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2017, 12:53:03 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
The 2010 ROY who has basically been a 16/5/5 guy his whole career, who is closing in on 20/5/5 this year? You haven't heard much of him?

He is so much better than Smart it's not funny. Calling Evans a scrub in comparison to Smart is laughably misinformed
Lol i have heard about his name couple times but really nothing more(watching from 2008),
Is he good or just stat padding on bad teams?
(Smart single handedly win us game 3 vs Cavs in ECF, is he good enough to do that?)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 12:58:10 AM by playdream »

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2017, 01:44:45 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Lol i have heard about his name couple times but really nothing more(watching from 2008),
(Smart single handedly win us game 3 vs Cavs in ECF, is he good enough to do that?)
He's a really good offensive talent, basically a 6'6" PG, but he got screwed by being on that rubbish Sacramento team that ruined nearly all their young talent.

I reckon he'd be perfect for our team, as he would be the ideal guy off the bench for us in terms of shot creation and defensive versatility. He can also take over games, similarly to Smart. However he isn't the defender that Smart is, and isn't as gritty.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2017, 01:53:49 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney

He's a really good offensive talent, basically a 6'6" PG, but he got screwed by being on that rubbish Sacramento team that ruined nearly all their young talent.

I reckon he'd be perfect for our team, as he would be the ideal guy off the bench for us in terms of shot creation and defensive versatility. He can also take over games, similarly to Smart. However he isn't the defender that Smart is, and isn't as gritty.
That good, but what about his contract? Smart is likely to get ~1000 or even less with how he shoot now, we can't afford another big contract on someone off the bench

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2017, 02:47:49 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

That good, but what about his contract? Smart is likely to get ~1000 or even less with how he shoot now, we can't afford another big contract on someone off the bench
Smart is get 1000 whats?
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2017, 03:28:12 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney

Smart is get 1000 whats?
1000M$

« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2017, 07:18:00 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

That's for sure.  In fact, his defense against the C's in the last game was pretty laughable.  Now Morris is out for a while.  I don't think the C's can afford to lose more defense.

OP: You talk about the virtues of Semi, but then you don't even have him on your depth chart.   ???
Baynes
Horford
Tatum
Brown
Irving

Theis
Morris/Rabb
Evans
Mclemore
Rozier

« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2017, 07:52:26 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 736
I understand the frustration with Smart but he's still my favorite player in the league. I think what he brings in leadership, heart, and versatility is a big part of why the Celtics have been as successful as they have been the last couple of years.

I also think his market as a free agent is going to be pretty cold if his shooting stays where it is so I'm not worried about paying him. Tyreke, on the other hand, signed a bargain deal this summer because he was such and injury risk. If he can finish this season healthy and with a reliable 3 point shot, he's going to be a lot more expensive than Smart.

Tyreke could be terrific in Stevens' system. Think Evan Turner but Tyreke actually developed a 3 point shot. But I don't want to give up much for a rental.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2017, 09:45:52 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I understand the frustration with Smart but he's still my favorite player in the league. I think what he brings in leadership, heart, and versatility is a big part of why the Celtics have been as successful as they have been the last couple of years.

I also think his market as a free agent is going to be pretty cold if his shooting stays where it is so I'm not worried about paying him. Tyreke, on the other hand, signed a bargain deal this summer because he was such and injury risk. If he can finish this season healthy and with a reliable 3 point shot, he's going to be a lot more expensive than Smart.

Tyreke could be terrific in Stevens' system. Think Evan Turner but Tyreke actually developed a 3 point shot. But I don't want to give up much for a rental.

and if it stays this way...why should the celts want to extend to Smart?

team has needed some offensive outbursts from him, especially if Kyrie is struggling or out of the game....  he has given us zero in these situations on the offensive end

« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2017, 09:51:00 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
I don't think they will want to give him up but I have to say, as someone who has long liked Tyreke Evans, accepting what he was, watching him be a legit off the dribble even three point shooter now is crazy and I would really like him if he was available.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2017, 10:13:08 AM »

Offline shake603

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 13
If we trade for Evans we get his bird rights correct?

Either way, what does he get in free agency?  13-15 million per?  Do you think Danny would be willing to pay him that for 4 years?  I think no.

We should keep Smart... he’ll probably take the QO and be an unrestricted free agent two summers from now.  By that time we will hopefully have a good backup guard to replace him.

He has not attained bird rights on his current contract since he signed with a new team as an FA, so he has no rights to come with him anyway. We would only be able to sign him with exceptions next year, or cap space, of which we will likely have none. He's almost a sure-fire rental.