Author Topic: What does Charlotte do?  (Read 1402 times)

What does Charlotte do?
« on: December 15, 2017, 03:24:56 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
They have had some injury problems this year, which have hurt, but they really seem like a disaster and I am not sure how you fix it.

On paper, a starting 5 of Walker, Lamb, Batum, Williams and Howard would seem to be a mid-level playoff team. Zeller, MKG, and Kaminsky don't seem like awful bench players either. However, it just doesn't seem to be working and they are getting buried record wise to the point that it may be hard for them to make the playoffs. What are their avenues to improve? What should they do? Do they need to get a new coach?

Re: What does Charlotte do?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 03:43:24 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Thing is they just don't have a dominant second scoring option besides Lamb and Howard. They are hoping Monk can become that player, but I think eventually other time, he can. They apparently tried to trade for Butler, and I think Jimmy Buckets would've been an perfect acquisition in terms of star power, and getting the buckets to open up the space. If you watch how they defend most players, they usually double Kemba near the top of the key, and force him to go to his left, or take a tough contested jumper, (which he is famously known for knocking down.)

The Hornets don’t have that now. They know it on some level. They made initial inquiries with Chicago about Jimmy Butler last spring, but found the Bulls had no interest in anything they had, according to several league sources.

They should blow it up, personally... But that's just me.

tl;dr- Jordan needs to stay away from the franchise, stop drafting like its the 90's, and they need to draft a good solid 3. Batum is a great player, but I think he would be better served as the 4.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 03:56:16 PM by Monkhouse »
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 04:02:48 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
They have had some injury problems this year, which have hurt, but they really seem like a disaster and I am not sure how you fix it.

On paper, a starting 5 of Walker, Lamb, Batum, Williams and Howard would seem to be a mid-level playoff team. Zeller, MKG, and Kaminsky don't seem like awful bench players either. However, it just doesn't seem to be working and they are getting buried record wise to the point that it may be hard for them to make the playoffs. What are their avenues to improve? What should they do? Do they need to get a new coach?

Actually, they start MKG and Lamb comes off the bench. Walker is excellent and Howard has been pretty good, but MKG kills their floor spacing and he's not that great of a defender to offset that. He's a good defender, but not a shutdown guy. Batum's defense has really fallen off. He looks a step slow and that issue is highlighted by him playing the 2. Lamb is a good offensive player, but he's "me first" guy who get lost defensively, especially fighting through screens. Kaminsky hasn't improved at all.

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 04:10:34 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
They're in a tough spot.  They're a mediocre team with a low ceiling.  They're in cap hell with no near-term relief on the horizon.  Batum, in particular, is not earning his contract and will bog them down badly for the foreseeable future unless they can find a way to dump him on somebody - much easier said than done. 

I think they should start selling.  Williams, MKG, Zeller (when healthy) aren't good assets, but should at least be movable.  Each would remove a long-term commitment from the payroll if they can find a taker.  Lamb is cheap and useful... might have some legitimate value to somebody.  Kemba is an good player at an excellent price, and many teams would have interest.  That won't be a quick rebuild (Monk is their only decent young asset), but you have to start somewhere.

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 05:18:43 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
They're trash. Blow it up.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 05:27:40 PM by Csfan1984 »

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2017, 05:36:56 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
howard is a disease ,

dump him

get new GM

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2017, 05:39:01 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
They call up Danny to see if that deal he offered is still on the table...

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2017, 05:45:25 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Never liked Walker as the centerpiece of an offense and just think as long as he is your alpha, you're not going to contend.

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2017, 05:50:35 PM »

Offline blackbird

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 64
How can they blow it up if nobody wants their players. Nobody's taking Dwight Howard, I can't imagine that Batum on that contract will get much interest, Marvin Williams... maybe?

I think Kemba Walker is the only guy who could get a decent return but few teams need a PG.

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2017, 05:50:56 PM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
Never liked Walker as the centerpiece of an offense and just think as long as he is your alpha, you're not going to contend.

Kemba Walker would be a fantastic San Antonio Spur.

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2017, 06:18:20 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Thought Charlotte be a top 5 team in East this year..I was wrong
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin