Author Topic: Josh Jackson: 38-24-55 shooting splits with a 0.57 AST/TO ratio.  (Read 4743 times)

Josh Jackson: 38-24-55 shooting splits with a 0.57 AST/TO ratio.
« on: December 13, 2017, 11:41:26 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
https://twitter.com/KellanOlson/status/940812594557923328

38% FG
24% 3PT
55% FT

0.57 assist / turnover
For every 2 turnovers, he makes an assist

Thanks for cancelling that workout josh!

Re: Josh Jackson: 38-24-55 shooting splits with a 0.57 AST/TO ratio.
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 12:08:56 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 323
He's yet to impress me.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 10:50:01 AM by rocknrollforyoursoul »
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 12:34:11 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I drafted him 4th in a fantasy league.  He started off relatively well, but has gotten progressively worse.  Seems like he may even be starting out of necessity right now w/ injuries and a horrible team.  He has a lot of weaknesses and really needs to bulk up just to impact the game with his athleticism and versatility alone.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2017, 02:12:08 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I drafted him 4th in a fantasy league.  He started off relatively well, but has gotten progressively worse.  Seems like he may even be starting out of necessity right now w/ injuries and a horrible team.  He has a lot of weaknesses and really needs to bulk up just to impact the game with his athleticism and versatility alone.
Trade him for Jaylen Brown

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2017, 02:37:15 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Tonight's stats:

20th game of the season where he had more turnovers than assists.

In 22 minute:
 2 pts,
Shot 0-7 a whopping 0% Fg percentage. Wonder what that will do to his shooting averages for the season
0-4 from 3pt
1 rebound

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2017, 02:52:01 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Hes struggled, but Phoenix is a tough fit for a player like him at the moment and its way to early to close the book on him.

The game will slow down for him and he will start playing much better. Its only a matter of time. Hes a legit prospect.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2017, 04:57:26 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
wait, what?
is it like a 30 team league or something
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2017, 05:47:17 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
The Suns do a pathetic job of developing young players.  Jackson deserves to be there based on his predraft behavior, but he and his agent should have known that playing time shouldn't have been the highest priority on their priority list.  I don't think players drafted by Phoenix are very likely to reach their potential.  They always seem to have a ton of lottery picks that don't develop.  Some, like Chriss, seem to get worse the longer they are on the team.  Like I said, Jackson deserves to be there, but hopefully he can get it together because he has the talent to be an exciting player in the league.

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2017, 07:02:28 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
thought he was a special talent and hoped we would draft him.

Oops.

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2017, 07:14:55 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Gulp .... :-X.....whew that was close .

At one point I was in favor of taki g him .    Until i really studied Tatums games .   Tatum made basketball,look easy .....in. the same way Simmons does .

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2017, 08:21:08 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
The Suns do a pathetic job of developing young players.  Jackson deserves to be there based on his predraft behavior, but he and his agent should have known that playing time shouldn't have been the highest priority on their priority list.  I don't think players drafted by Phoenix are very likely to reach their potential.  They always seem to have a ton of lottery picks that don't develop.  Some, like Chriss, seem to get worse the longer they are on the team.  Like I said, Jackson deserves to be there, but hopefully he can get it together because he has the talent to be an exciting player in the league.

Devin Booker and Ty Warren have done a nice job developing.  Maybe even Alex Len too.

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2017, 08:56:00 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
wait, what?

Guessing there was a supplemental rookie draft.  I got Tatum with the 4th pick in the rookie draft of my keeper league!
Yup

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2017, 09:55:50 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
I was all in for Tatum (and other shooters other than Fultz) so Jackson never made my wish list though I feared he would be on Danny's. Otherwise, wanted Tatum over Fultz and to avoid Ball like the plague given his bizarrely slow shooting style. Would also have been happy trading down for SAC's two picks (5&10) at the time IF we could get Markkenan at 10.

Tatum is the obvious star of this class though (see link below comparing the 2017 NBA draft class stats) and is better than I expected. I think Tatum has to be taking more shots myself in this offense and that he will by the time the playoffs roll around assuming he doesn't hit the dreaded rookie wall.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/draft/NBA_2017.html

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2017, 09:57:54 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
wait, what?

Guessing there was a supplemental rookie draft.  I got Tatum with the 4th pick in the rookie draft of my keeper league!

Did Jackson go before Tatum or did someone get crazy?

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2017, 10:03:37 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532
wait, what?

I've done a 15 slot keeper league where you kept 12 players, so the draft was only 3 rounds.  In that leagues the rookies were almost always the only players taken in the first round (and sometimes the 2nd round) of the 3 round draft. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip