Author Topic: Bulls shopping their best players for draft picks  (Read 4047 times)

Bulls shopping their best players for draft picks
« on: December 12, 2017, 10:30:25 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

Re: Bulls shopping their best players for draft picks
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 10:38:02 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532
They should trade role players like Lopez and Mirotic. And they should have just released Portis after the fight
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 11:03:51 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Lopez would be a nice pick up for the right price.

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 11:17:40 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
They should trade role players like Lopez and Mirotic. And they should have just released Portis after the fight

Yeah the league might've had a need to step in there. Breaking someone's face is a felony in most jurisdictions and likely wouldn't be tolerated in my workplace for sure. That was crap.

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2017, 01:13:10 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Mirotic is going to be a hard player for the Bulls to trade.

First off, Niko has a NTC this season, so he has to approve any potential trade.  Secondly, he has a huge salary that will be hard for another team to match without sending back a crap contract.

But I can understand why the Bulls want to trade Mirotic, and Lopez also.  These guys are adding wins to a team that is trying to get a top lottery chance.  And with Niko playing as well as he has since he returned from his broken face (and pride), now is the best time to try to fool some other team into thinking he isn't the same inconsistent player he has always been.

Robin Lopez would be a great acquisition for many teams, though.  I'm interested to see what they can get for him if they really do trade him.

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2017, 02:16:11 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 616
I'd happily take a punt on mirotic if the price was right.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2017, 03:57:46 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
What is the price for Bobby Portis?  Kid is 6'11, long, and he can shoot. 48% from the field and 39% from three as a big man.

Adding Portis would definitely improve our big man depth and give us additional offense/rebounding for the second unit.

Read the article about the Portis-Mirotic bad blood here:
https://www.theringer.com/nba/2017/11/16/16665924/chicago-bulls-nikola-mirotic-bobby-portis-fight

With Markkanen looking really good, wouldn't Bobby 'sucker-punch' Portis be available for a relatively modest price?

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2017, 06:34:35 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
What is the price for Bobby Portis?  Kid is 6'11, long, and he can shoot. 48% from the field and 39% from three as a big man.

Adding Portis would definitely improve our big man depth and give us additional offense/rebounding for the second unit.

Read the article about the Portis-Mirotic bad blood here:
https://www.theringer.com/nba/2017/11/16/16665924/chicago-bulls-nikola-mirotic-bobby-portis-fight

With Markkanen looking really good, wouldn't Bobby 'sucker-punch' Portis be available for a relatively modest price?
Price is not high IMO. 2nd rounder at worst, his skills are not as coveted.
A big that can't defend and isn't a knockdown shooter.
That would immediately put him on the bench if you plan to be in the playoffs.
With the increase in the usage of wing players league-wide, his minutes should slip even further.
Now, is he a 3rd or 4th big? IDK, I personally would always like an energy big on the bench and he isn't the one for the job. Someone like Birdman, Larry Nance Jr once finished product or even Prime Big Baby...
So, he is 4th big in my book.
I think he became a better player in the memories of the Celtic fans, as he has his annual great game vs us. Last year after his single good playoff game against us, many overreacted but settled down quickly.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2017, 06:36:39 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/248314/Bulls-Gauging-Trade-Value-Of-Nikola-Mirotic-Robin-Lopez

Adam silver can't allow this blantant tanking

If the Lakers were Kosher, they won't do a thing about the Bulls. Let alone the past half a decade of the sixers.
#JKJB

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2017, 09:24:14 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
I'd love us to trade for Holiday. Not sure what we could offer to the Bulls though. Hopefully, they see some potential in Nader. I wouldn't count on it, but you never know. I mean, he is still a rookie on a team friendly contract till 2021 (final year team option as well).

Nader + Larkin for Holiday works salary-wise. Problem is, the Bulls can probably do better than that.

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2017, 09:34:00 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I'd love us to trade for Holiday. Not sure what we could offer to the Bulls though. Hopefully, they see some potential in Nader. I wouldn't count on it, but you never know. I mean, he is still a rookie on a team friendly contract till 2021 (final year team option as well).

Nader + Larkin for Holiday works salary-wise. Problem is, the Bulls can probably do better than that.

Holiday is a really, really bad offensively player, both individually and as a team player. His only redeeming quality is that he is an average spot up shooter. Its one of the reasons he hasn't been able to find a home in his career.

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2017, 09:51:28 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Lopez would be a nice pick up for the right price.

Agree but I don't think we can swing his salary even with the DPE.

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2017, 10:10:59 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

Holiday is a really, really bad offensively player, both individually and as a team player. His only redeeming quality is that he is an average spot up shooter. Its one of the reasons he hasn't been able to find a home in his career.
That's all I'd ask him to do anyway. This season he is averaging 34.6% from 3 on 7.3 attempts per game (career average is 34.3%).

Don't agree that he is a bad offensive player when it comes to team offense. His assist to turnover ratio is 2/1.2. He can shoot the 3 and he can find his teammates when they are open. Fits the bill for me. On a team friendly contract till 2019 as well.

2017-18 $4,500,000
2018-19 $4,500,000

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2017, 10:31:18 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I don't want punk Portis b/c we already have a better tall wing in Tatum.

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2017, 10:34:35 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

That's all I'd ask him to do anyway. This season he is averaging 34.6% from 3 on 7.3 attempts per game (career average is 34.3%).

Don't agree that he is a bad offensive player when it comes to team offense. His assist to turnover ratio is 2/1.2. He can shoot the 3 and he can find his teammates when they are open. Fits the bill for me. On a team friendly contract till 2019 as well.

2017-18 $4,500,000
2018-19 $4,500,000

His offensive rating isn't good, and he takes a lot of bad shots. If he were only a spot-up shooter, that'd be different, but he thinks he is better than that.

I'd rather Rozier get those minutes.