Author Topic: Making a move for George  (Read 7524 times)

Re: Making a move for George
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2017, 10:32:06 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Wasn't he willing to give MORE assets for a full year rental?
Not sure about that. Kevin Pritchard (the Pacers GM) is on record as saying we never made an offer for PG last summer. That being said, the OKC deal was finalized before July 1 (first day of the free agency). At the time, Danny needed the cap space to go after Hayward.

http://www.1070thefan.com/blogs/ride-jmv/kevin-pritchard-opens-about-paul-george-pacers-future-franchise

8:51
- (...) ''what about the Celtics? The Celtics were interested and that's just one of the teams that were mentioned. How much of the stuff that was floating around out there either on draft night or on June the 30th was completely manufactured? How much of that was?''

- (Kevin Pritchard) ''I would say 95% was not real.''

9:51
''At the end of the day, John, we looked at a lot of things. We made it clear what we wanted and it wasn't a huge ask -we knew we couldn't do that- but we went back to every team -including the Eastern conference team you just said (the Celtics)- and they declined to make an offer. (Just to) Make an offer. ''

10:51
''What I don't like is, I get that, you know, you are trying to do what's right for your organization, but don't lie. Don't send things out there that are complete fabrications, that at the end of the day we would have done, but why through it out and try to hurt us know? I don't get it and makes no sense to me.''
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 10:54:37 AM by Jvalin »

Re: Making a move for George
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2017, 10:41:29 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
The Thunder are such a roller coaster team this year, I don't think they make any real moves.  And even with the up and down season, they would be the 8th seed in the West right now, and I don't think any team behind them realistically finishes the year with a better record than them (assuming they stay relatively healthy).  They get to the playoffs and sync at all, they can cause a lot of damage.   
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip