Author Topic: The bench needs to be revamped. Suggestions?  (Read 13627 times)

Re: The bench needs to be revamped. Suggestions?
« Reply #90 on: December 18, 2017, 11:40:39 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
We just need to be patient. I’d hate to use the DPE now say on a guard only to see another one of our wings get hurt later on. Wait until trade/buyout deadline and we’ll have more options, and hopefully Morris back.  I’m not overly concerned right now.

« Reply #91 on: December 18, 2017, 08:56:44 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
The bench is pretty terrible, offensively. I wish we didn’t have to play Semi rotation minutes. He’s like Smart without the playmaking while only giving average defense. In other words, a net negative. But them’s the breaks. There’s no other wing player left, especially with both Morris and Hayward out.

- LilRip

« Reply #92 on: December 18, 2017, 09:12:04 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
That's one of those games that the team just wants to lose.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #93 on: December 19, 2017, 09:13:16 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
Semi isn't the problem. Larkin isn't the problem. Sometimes Smart is the problem. I've noticed that Smart will combine mistakes. He will take a bad shot, then turn around and make a stupid foul. He is a great defensive player but has drawn a rep for being a flopper and doesn't get the calls like he should.

I just question some of the rotations where we have little to no offense on the floor and Smart and Rozier are taking more shots than Tatum. I suggested moving Tatum to bench but that may be to drastic. Maybe sub him out first and then bring him back with the 2nd unit when the starters begin to come out.

We need to always have to scorers on the floor. The question is...is Rozier considered a scorer? We can't have Larkin\Rozier, Smart, Semi, Tatum and Theis on the floor and go to Smart and Rozier for scoring...not going to work.

Great win last night. I thought for sure we p---ed that one away.

« Reply #94 on: December 20, 2017, 10:21:29 PM »

Online radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1219
Greg Monroe buyout rumors are floating around yet again. Phoenix wants to keep Isaiah Canaan and Monroe is the logical candidate to be cut/traded/bought out. Will he be a good fit in Boston?

« Reply #95 on: May 28, 2018, 02:55:30 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Here's a list. There are a number of players on there I would rather have than some of our guys:

https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/current_free_agents

That's an ugly list but I think Diaw would be a good 2nd unit veteran big.
interesting thought