Poll

When will Hayward return to an NBA basketball game?

Earlier than March 16th
3/16 @ Magic
3/18 @ Pelicans
3/20 vs. Thunder
3/23 @ Blazers
3/25 @ Kings
3/26 @ Suns
3/28 @ Jazz
3/31 vs. Raptors
4/3 @ Bucks
4/4 @ Raptors
4/6 vs. Bulls
4/8 vs. Hawks
4/10 @ Wizards
4/11 vs. Nets
First Round of Playoffs
Latter Round in Playoffs
October 2018

Author Topic: Poll: Hayward's Return Date  (Read 5517 times)

Re: Poll: Hayward's Return Date
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2017, 01:50:23 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Whenever it is, I hope we don't rush his return.  Because obviously him being out doesn't affect our winning ways.  If fully healthy, I'd prefer he make his comeback at home, so he can feel the love from the fans and preferably against a weaker team so he can get back into the flow without a lot of pressure.

The selfish part of me would want him back sooner rather than later though.  Late March or Mid April?

« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2017, 01:51:03 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
So far we've heard his agent say its unlikely he returns, Hayward himself say  its unlikely he plays this season. The Celtics submitted the DPE meaning at that time at least they thought a return was unlikely. The leak granted said DPE so they thought it was unlikely he'd be back. Now maybe he ends up coming back this year anyway, but everyone who seems to know anything seems to think its unlikely. So i went Oct 18'
usually with such significant injury. They would straight up say no chance this season. The fact that they give even a little chance is Telling

« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2017, 11:08:45 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
the most recent hayward interviews, he isnt ruling out a return this season, and even saying that is his goal. I think it will happen...

the C's are smart to keep it murky. They dont want to rush a player back too early, but if hayward is ready he will be back.

I can imagine after the big move this past summer, seeing his team succeed and struggle, and the gruesome injury all hayward wants to do is get back on that court this season.

« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2017, 11:53:19 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
So far we've heard his agent say its unlikely he returns, Hayward himself say  its unlikely he plays this season. The Celtics submitted the DPE meaning at that time at least they thought a return was unlikely. The leak granted said DPE so they thought it was unlikely he'd be back. Now maybe he ends up coming back this year anyway, but everyone who seems to know anything seems to think its unlikely. So i went Oct 18'
usually with such significant injury. They would straight up say no chance this season. The fact that they give even a little chance is Telling

Ya there's always a chance. But  if i was a betting man I'd still say next year was the most likely bet. I will say the odds of it happening this year seem to have improved somewhat.