Poll

When will Hayward return to an NBA basketball game?

Earlier than March 16th
3/16 @ Magic
3/18 @ Pelicans
3/20 vs. Thunder
3/23 @ Blazers
3/25 @ Kings
3/26 @ Suns
3/28 @ Jazz
3/31 vs. Raptors
4/3 @ Bucks
4/4 @ Raptors
4/6 vs. Bulls
4/8 vs. Hawks
4/10 @ Wizards
4/11 vs. Nets
First Round of Playoffs
Latter Round in Playoffs
October 2018

Author Topic: Poll: Hayward's Return Date  (Read 5496 times)

Re: Poll: Hayward's Return Date
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2017, 04:01:22 PM »

Offline SaCaCh

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 51
the day after I predicted 3/20 so I am sticking with that. I put it at about 95% chance he comes back this year without a set back.

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2017, 02:40:42 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
the day after I predicted 3/20 so I am sticking with that. I put it at about 95% chance he comes back this year without a set back.
I agree with the percentage. It would be at this point pretty surprising if be doesn't come back with all the great news  so far

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2017, 02:53:04 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
We will see him next year.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2017, 07:31:07 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
At the rate he is going , I can see him itching to get back on the court by early April.. he is practicing hard  .  Whether , the staff lets him play this year is an whole other matter .   Im 50-50 on that.

By playoffs , could he play looks like probably.  Will they let him ....thats another matter. 

He looks good or amazing on TV last night walking with out the boot. when you remember what happened. 

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2017, 11:25:08 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1604
  • What a Pub Should Be
October '18

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2017, 11:32:10 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
We will see him next year.

Yeah, I agree that he isn’t going to make his return in the next theee weeks.

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2017, 11:37:30 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I will be interesting to see what pressure there will be to bring him back in case of another major injury.  OK you can shoot me now for spreading back luck.   :o   :-\

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2017, 11:42:18 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 411
I voted October 2018..there's no need to risk him getting hurt again if he's not 110%..let him heal completely
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2017, 12:04:22 PM »

Offline sdceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 45
Round 1 of the  playoffs, and only if he was cleared weeks before. No reason to risk Hayward playing as a playoff team without him. If he's practicing with the team for a month with no setbacks, whoch wouldnt be til mis March on a good time table, there is no reason to risk it, unless he clearly is healthy and able to help the team advance.

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2017, 04:41:16 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
Ready for playoffs, but he's back few games before. If he's ready, that means no place for fear of coming back to early. After all, there's always certain risk, even for healthy players. We need GH against Cavs. With him we will run them over like a shallow creek.

« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2017, 08:07:51 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
I am more optimistic now then I was about a month ago. Since there was no ligament/tendon damage I wouldn't doubt a return sometime in March (about 3 months from now). Barring injury to some of our key contributors, I think GH would push to come back. Why else is he rehabbing so hard, to come back in 9 months for training camp? I don't think so.

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2017, 11:42:22 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
I am more optimistic now then I was about a month ago. Since there was no ligament/tendon damage I wouldn't doubt a return sometime in March (about 3 months from now). Barring injury to some of our key contributors, I think GH would push to come back. Why else is he rehabbing so hard, to come back in 9 months for training camp? I don't think so.

I am more optimistic as well, but I don't think that he will be back this season. No ligament/tendon damage? I find it hard to believe that there's not just a little connective tissue damage.

I think he's pressing for the team's sake. It shows a sense of urgency to the healthy guys. Regardless of how hard he works in his rehab, the body still needs time to recover. None of us really know the extent of the injury, so I'm sure the doctors/PT's will properly advise him (I hope).

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2017, 11:45:48 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2912
  • On To Banner 18!
4/6 vs. Chicago. Ease him in a bit against a bad Bulls team to start.

I think even if he returns in April, he'll only be coming off the bench, but that's not a bad thing one bit. I mean, can you imagine a potential 2nd unit with Hayward/Morris/Smart/Rozier/DPE. DPE hopefully being a depth scorer.

And maybe have Hayward play 15-18 minutes/game, but while having him off the bench, ALSO let him maybe play the final 2-3 minutes of games with the "closing lineup"  ;D

Could be huge for us in the playoffs as the "secret weapon" off the bench.

And I'm just going off by the most recent reports, which seem optimistic, and the fact that Ainge hasn't entirely ruled Hayward out for the season at least shows there's a window of hope, even if small.

I mean, if it was clear there was no chance he was going to come back, they would have officially ruled him out. All Brad Stevens has said is "they don't anticipate it", but not "it's a given". Again, it's a small chance, but I'm going to be optimistic and say he's back, mostly healthy, by early-mid April.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2017, 12:11:52 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87

I am more optimistic as well, but I don't think that he will be back this season. No ligament/tendon damage? I find it hard to believe that there's not just a little connective tissue damage.

I think he's pressing for the team's sake. It shows a sense of urgency to the healthy guys. Regardless of how hard he works in his rehab, the body still needs time to recover. None of us really know the extent of the injury, so I'm sure the doctors/PT's will properly advise him (I hope).
Yes, he probably is pressing and the body needs time to recover but let's not also forget that he is only 27 years old....27! This is for a broken bone so it's not really the same as a sprained ankle or knee but a young body like his recovers MUCH faster from rehab than someone in their mid-30's with previous injury history. Like I said, I didn't think he'd be back, just from Paul George's experience, but now I've changed my mind.

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2017, 12:37:45 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 548
So far we've heard his agent say its unlikely he returns, Hayward himself say  its unlikely he plays this season. The Celtics submitted the DPE meaning at that time at least they thought a return was unlikely. The leak granted said DPE so they thought it was unlikely he'd be back. Now maybe he ends up coming back this year anyway, but everyone who seems to know anything seems to think its unlikely. So i went Oct 18'