Poll

When will Hayward return to an NBA basketball game?

Earlier than March 16th
3/16 @ Magic
3/18 @ Pelicans
3/20 vs. Thunder
3/23 @ Blazers
3/25 @ Kings
3/26 @ Suns
3/28 @ Jazz
3/31 vs. Raptors
4/3 @ Bucks
4/4 @ Raptors
4/6 vs. Bulls
4/8 vs. Hawks
4/10 @ Wizards
4/11 vs. Nets
First Round of Playoffs
Latter Round in Playoffs
October 2018

Author Topic: Poll: Hayward's Return Date  (Read 5521 times)

Poll: Hayward's Return Date
« on: December 11, 2017, 11:42:24 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I thought it'd be fun to have bragging rights if you predicted the right date of Hayward's return. I know he's "out for the year," but there are ongoing rumblings that it could be sooner. This is documented in this ringer article part-way down.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2017/12/11/16761426/nba-donovan-mitchell-rookie-of-the-year-jamal-murray-gordon-hayward

I'm interested to see what everyone thinks. Poll is added.

Re: Poll: Hayward's Return Date
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 12:05:50 PM »

Offline mysteryMrE

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 14
I went with 4/6 vs the Bulls. If he does indeed come back, I am fairly confident it would be a home game. Other than that, complete guess. Hopefully any of the choices but the last one!

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 12:10:15 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I feel for Hayward right now man.  We are obviously all really excited for his return.  I'm sure his med care is the very best too.  But that was a major trauma to his body.  My similar injury right now has caused me to need an average of ~ 18 hours of sleep per day, if that's any indicator.  Absolutely miserable QOL. I'm sure others have had similar injuries--interested to know if their experiences were similar, or if my body just plain sucks. 

: Edit: Sorry for the bleak, narcissistic post.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 12:20:11 PM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 12:40:05 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
Does Hayward have to be on the roster by a certain date, in order to be eligible to play in the playoffs?

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 12:53:22 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I voted earlier in the march.
Call me an optimist - guilty!
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 12:58:26 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
i figure if he comes back, it'll be early April at home and likely against the Bulls where he has that game and the next one against Atlanta to try to shake off some of the rust against teams the C's should be able to beat handily so he can have some run to see what he can do going forward.

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2017, 01:03:32 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Here's my line of thinking.

1. It will be home to build energy and momentum.
2. It will not be a nationally televised game, to avoid unneeded pressure.
3. It can't be in the last two weeks of the season, because he can't get into game shape before playoffs, and that would hurt our chances of firing on all cylinders in the first round.

I went with the home game that most closely fit the 5 month time frame that CBS accidentally let slip.

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2017, 01:13:13 PM »

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 614
  • Puns of steel
I feel for Hayward right now man.  We are obviously all really excited for his return.  I'm sure his med care is the very best too.  But that was a major trauma to his body.  My similar injury right now has caused me to need an average of ~ 18 hours of sleep per day, if that's any indicator.  Absolutely miserable QOL. I'm sure others have had similar injuries--interested to know if their experiences were similar, or if my body just plain sucks. 

: Edit: Sorry for the bleak, narcissistic post.

Nah man, injuries suck and depression is a real risk of a) not being physically able to do what you want and b) being in pain/sleeping a ton.

No worries for the post. I think you're right. We need to slow our roll when it comes to Hayward's recovering in time to play in the playoffs.
My biases, in order of fervor:
Pro:
Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Kemba, Grant Williams, Sleepy Williams, Edwards!

Anti:
Kanter, Semi, Theis, Poierier

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2017, 01:15:51 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
The Cs are built for the long run absolutely no reason to bring Hayward back this season.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2017, 01:21:39 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I went with 4/6 vs the Bulls. If he does indeed come back, I am fairly confident it would be a home game. Other than that, complete guess. Hopefully any of the choices but the last one!

This date seems to check all boxes:

Home game against a bad team near the end of the season (but before the playoffs). I am surprised to see so many people who think he won't be back until next season. Even Hayward himself recently alluded to the fact that he would like nothing more than to be back this spring. Waiting until next season would absolutely kill a competitor like Hayward - that seems like an absolute worst case scenario at this point.

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2017, 01:28:58 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
It seems like if you read between the lines they are really trying to not have any expectations, but Hayward is doing things super aggressively with the hope he will be back. i would honestly be surprised if he didn't make it back in some limited capacity for the playoffs. We also probably could really slowly work him in because of how good are record is. If the season ended today we would play the Knicks in the first round and I really don't think we would need him for a series like that. So second round of the playoffs is still a long way off.

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2017, 01:56:16 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
It seems like if you read between the lines they are really trying to not have any expectations, but Hayward is doing things super aggressively with the hope he will be back. i would honestly be surprised if he didn't make it back in some limited capacity for the playoffs. We also probably could really slowly work him in because of how good are record is. If the season ended today we would play the Knicks in the first round and I really don't think we would need him for a series like that. So second round of the playoffs is still a long way off.
If the season ended today he’d be playing in a walking boot ;)  Better to save him for the second round when he can take the boot off at times :)

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2017, 02:21:44 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
October 2018
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2017, 02:31:03 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
Embrace the villain role! 3/28 @ Utah!!!

My brain says October 2018, my heart says 3/23 (him and Kyrie's shared birthday).

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2017, 03:54:58 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
"soon"

-ainge on KGs return from knee