Author Topic: Make a trade Proposal for Fultz  (Read 6669 times)

Re: Make a trade Proposal for Fultz
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2017, 12:17:38 AM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
"Make a trade Proposal for [Michael Olowokandi]"

...fixed it!

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2017, 12:52:14 AM »

Offline feckless

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 93
Smart straight up.
Days up and down they come, like rain on a conga drum, forget most, remember some, don't turn none away.   Townes Van Zandt

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2017, 01:11:58 AM »

Offline ThePaintedArea

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 111

Make a trade offer of what you would be willing to give up to see if Steven's can save Markelle Fultz.

Would you deal Smart and Rozier for him.
 Marcus Morris and a pick for him.
 Smart Rozier and the Memphis pick Philly might consider that some Celtics fans will cringe but if Stevens could unlock his talent that could be nuts.

I don't believe in his knees and I don't believe in his ankles. His talent, yes. His maturity and leadership might be there someday.  He's likeable and looks like a good teammate. 

Third banana, but with a lot of ways to get you points. BS and Embiid are perfect complements. If he pans out they could be magic. 

It may take a while, given his painfully slow start. I wouldn't trade Smart alone for him. He's not ready, and Smart helps you win on both ends (oh yes, he does). Smart brings leadership, aggression,  disruption. He's what Red called Danny: an Instigator.  And he's doing it now, and he plays winning basketball - and he has a good body.

I don't believe in Fultz' body.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 01:20:38 AM by ThePaintedArea »

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2017, 01:26:49 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Hard pass.  Looks like we avoided a bad situation that is only getting worse.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2017, 03:36:21 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Smart or Rozier are 1000x better than Fultz...
Nader plus Allen is the most i will offer, take it or leave it Sixers

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2017, 04:26:54 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
After a couple of months of this season, I'd give Marcus Morris for him.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2017, 06:45:43 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
I doubt Philly would be interested in giving up on the #1 overall pick less than halfway into the season just because he's missed time with injury. Whatever it would take to pry him away wouldn't be worth it.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2017, 08:26:51 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I remember having this conversation a couple of years ago about Embiid with people devaluing him just as much at the time. Of course Embiid has always had all-world talent, it was just the injuries, but I think it is a little short-sighted to call Fultz a total bust at this point.

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2017, 08:36:13 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
It is threads like this one that give Celtics' fans a bad name across the country.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2017, 09:29:05 AM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
Listen, it’s possible what he will turn out to be a great player. It’s also possible he was overrated and won’t be close to the bet player in this draft. I for one am happy with what who we picked and wouldn’t change a thing about that. I was never sold on Fultz myself. Whatever the 76ers wanted for him would be way too much then what I’d pay not knowing what’s really going on with him.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2017, 11:32:40 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
How about the Celtics offer the LA pick and Tatum? Or is that not enough?

;D

Okay, that was funny.

Mike (also known as "one of the guys who thought we didn't get enough for the #1 pick")

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2017, 11:34:28 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
It is threads like this one that give Celtics' fans a bad name across the country.

So dramatic. Every forum with thousands of posts is going to have some over the top ones.

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2017, 11:35:33 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Not gonna give up on Fultz, but not entirely convinced the 76ers are going to either after giving up two lottery picks either lol.

So dramatic. Every forum with thousands of posts is going to have some over the top ones.

Okay, Moranis... You gotta admit that's pretty messed up thing for you to say...

If no one else could voice their opinions on a discussion forum of all places, regardless of whether or not it makes coherent sense, where are we going to go?
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2017, 11:42:42 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

Sure and it doesn't mean they shouldn't be called out as ridiculous, which is exactly what I did. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2017, 12:27:26 PM »

Online johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
Okay, Celtics fans have officially devalued Fultz too far. Philly wouldn't do any of those deals, and they shouldnr. This guy has missed 20 ish games to injury but he was still the consensus number 1 puck and compared by some to James Harden pre draft. He is worth ALOT more than memphis Smart and Rozier even With the injury. I know as fans we love to jump to conclusions but less than half a year into his career writing Fultz off is insane. Guy could still very well end up the best player I  that draft.

What do you think is fair value for Fultz?

Personally, I think he has zero (yet to be determined) trade value at this point. It is far too early for Philadelphia to give up on him, especially after trading two first round picks to get him. They see him as the consensus number 1 pick, who put up good numbers in college, and who has enormous potential going forward. However, for teams looking to trade for him, they have to view him first as the player he has been as a pro. He obviously needs to play more, in order for all the teams involved to be able to determine his trade value.

Terry Rozier and the Memphis pick seems reasonable to me. BTW, Boston may be the only team that Philadelphia can't trade him to because of that initial trade before the draft. Could you imagine if Philly traded him to Boston and Stevens helped realize Fultz's potential. The trade would potentially end up being Tatum, 2018 Lakers Pick and Fultz for (insert your trade to Boston here) Terry Rozier and the Memphis pick.