Author Topic: 2018 draft: Jaren Jackson Jr moves into top 5 of many mock drafts  (Read 3911 times)

Re: 2018 draft: Jaren Jackson Jr moves into top 5 of many mock drafts
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2017, 09:07:09 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I think any reasonable chance at the 2018 Lakers pick coming to us next year is low. Not only are they winning, but they look strong even when they don't.  Rather, I think the thing to do is hope for the Lakers to do great (minimizing the value of the pick for Philly), for Sacramento to continue to suck and to hope that "one and done" is eliminated for the 2019 draft. If that occurs, the 2019 draft will have the best talent from two different draft years  together and the Celts will have a shot at an elite big. This is, in my opinion, the best chance going forward barring a couple injuries to the Lakers.
If they change the rule it will not affect this draft, it will take effect in 2019 and ruin any value the SAC pick would have.  We need LAL to lose now.

You’ve got it backwards.  If they change the one-and-done to allow players to jump straight from high school in 2019, as is rumored, that makes the 2019 class better.  This is because you have essentially two years worth of first-time eligible players — next year’s college freshmen as well as next year’s high school seniors.

I'm under the impression that they want to change the rule to keep kids in school longer.
it's under negotiation. Silver wants to move age limit to 20. Players union wants it at 18. Some think they'll compromise and allow high schoolers to enter the draft at 18 but any player who  goes to college will have to stay in school Until they're 20 and can't enter the draft until they're 20. I personally don't like that but we will see