Author Topic: Ayton,Bamba,Bagley(and Doncic)  (Read 1201 times)

Ayton,Bamba,Bagley(and Doncic)
« on: December 10, 2017, 06:10:03 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Just finished watching youtube videos

*Early* impression: Bamba is the pick, here is why

He doesn't have the wide frame, but he won't need it to play4-5 in modern NBA(just sign a cheap big body like Baynes for those situation)
He isn't much a leaper, but he moves well and wingspan got it covered, with his good foundamental and awareness, first team all defense maybe not but is capable of being a great-elite defensive anchor
He misses a lot of shot and doesn't have much offensive moves, but his mechanism is good and he moves smoothly and has touch, means he should be improving nicely
His number isn't great because he plays team ball, also decisive on his shot, means good decision making which is a key factor to succeed in NBA

Ayton
Very big and strong body with offensive moves, that's great but he actually isn't that smooth/touch, and also give me a impression of selfishness, combined with his concern of motor and defense ,means he isn't a good team player and he isn't likely to improve quick
He will show offensive dominance in some occasions or games in NBA let along college, individual number like PPG will be good but his team isn't going to succeed

Bagley
Motor and raw athletism is best of the three, he is too quick for 5s and too strong for 4s in College , and will put up crazy numbers because of it. All his basketball skills is VERY raw and will take so many years to develop if ever, in NBA he won't be big/strong enough to bully NBA 5 and not skilled enough to perform as strech bigs, which makes him the worst of the three

As for Bamba vs Doncic, i want a two way player to give the MAX and big man are more valuable, plus in Stevens system you don't really need a elite passing guard that much(good to great is enough) but rather the ones that's great attacker to a point he can draw doubles and collapse the defense which Doncic should be questionable for that in NBA

So i choose Bamba, but if he is gone i will pick Doncic for his most polished game and will give us immediate 5 good years and you can trade him after that if you don't want to MAX him

Re: Ayton,Bamba,Bagley(and Doncic)
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 09:11:08 AM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
Disagree. He's a project offensively . After drafting Smart and Tatum I'm only wanting to draft sure things offensively. Defense can be taught.  If you have Bagley or Doncic in your sights, you take it. I'd add Ayton to that list but I don't believe we can get him without a trade since we can't own the #1 pick.

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 09:14:31 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
Couldn't disagree more. Bamba is way behind Bagley and Ayton developmentally and athletically, they're more physically gifted, and have very good offensive games.

Bamba looks like an extraordinarily raw, skinny big man who may never fill out, and too awkward to ever have a great offensive game. A smaller version of Mutombo.

Where is this keeping Doncic for "5 years" coming from? Unlikely we'll get any of these guys, but why keep him a random 5 years? You projecting salary cap issues for us 6 years from now?

Unless Porter's injury is career altering, Porter, Ayton, Doncic, and Bagley will all be drafted before Bamba.

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 10:03:29 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
 Jaren Jackson Jr. Has entered the top 5 of many mocks. Keep an eye on him