Would you make the trade

Yes
12 (33.3%)
No
20 (55.6%)
I would even add The Memphis pick
4 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: Poll: Smart and Yabu for Fox  (Read 3627 times)

Re: Poll: Smart and Yabu for Fox
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2017, 05:25:48 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
1. why?

2. I'm not giving up that Memphis pick unless we get a top 20 player back.

This is kind of strange. Your getting an at worst B+ player probably an A minus in a year or two.

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2017, 05:38:09 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Nothing Fox has done has alleviated any of the concerns I have with him originally..

Also I'm not giving up on Yabusele..

Ainge rarely misses on picks in the late lottery picks. (Sullinger doesn't count, because he clearly cared more about eating than actually becoming something.)
The only picks Danny had late lottery that I can think of were Marcus Banks and Kelly Olynyk. I think its fairly easy to see that he missed with those picks.

Also Sullinger, Al Jefferson, Gerald Green, Rajon Rondo, Avery Bradley, et all were not lottery picks.

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2017, 06:26:29 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Nothing Fox has done has alleviated any of the concerns I have with him originally..

Ainge rarely misses on picks in the late lottery picks. (Sullinger doesn't count, because he clearly cared more about eating than actually becoming something.)
The only picks Danny had late lottery that I can think of were Marcus Banks and Kelly Olynyk. I think its fairly easy to see that he missed with those picks.

Also Sullinger, Al Jefferson, Gerald Green, Rajon Rondo, Avery Bradley, et all were not lottery picks.

how is KO a miss? he was late lottery and is on a second contract (not a min either). he isn't special but he's certainly solid for where he was picked.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2017, 06:35:35 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
There's no way the King would do this deal. The contract situation alone makes this a no go. Kings need potential, Fox had fad more of it. Yabu isn't really that valuable right now.

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2017, 06:35:45 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Doesn't make sense to me to spend assets on the PG position.  Fox has potential, but only at the 1.  Smart is versatile and covers a number of positions.

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2017, 06:45:09 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Doesn't make sense to me to spend assets on the PG position.  Fox has potential, but only at the 1.  Smart is versatile and covers a number of positions.

Kyrie plays 31.8 MPG that Leaves 16 mpg for him at PG. You don't think Stevens could play him another 10 mpg at SG. That would be 48 Mpg of ridiculous PG play.

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2017, 06:46:40 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

how is KO a miss? he was late lottery and is on a second contract (not a min either). he isn't special but he's certainly solid for where he was picked.
Greak Freak.

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2017, 07:38:07 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Stupid trade for both sides.

Fox is a bad fit since he's more of a John Wall type of player that needs the ball most of the time. Yabu is redundant for the Kings since they have already logjam of bigs in the roster.

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2017, 08:51:22 PM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
Neither team does that.

The Kings love Fox and he is cost-controlled for some years.

The Celtics need Smart for this second unit and don't need another PG having Rozier as second unit and Larking as deep bench. Also, if we trade young people should be for consolidate players, given the amount of rookies on the roster. Finally, some people may argue Yabusele is an intriguing prospect with the potential to be an important player down the road (not sold on this, but understandable).

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2017, 08:54:29 PM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141

Greak Freak.

You can't say anybody is a miss by watching the players picked after him. You must compare him with another players in his range of choice and the above-below picks in the same drafts, but not only one of them. Another criterium would be a re-draft, considering the whole class. Olynyk can't be considered a miss.

With this reasoning, every GM in the league has had fatal misses. Unfair assessing.

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2017, 09:05:01 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
Double digit yes total is dismaying. This trade would be awful for us.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2017, 09:05:30 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Greak Freak.
That doesnt make KO a miss. Id say he was a pretty good pick.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2017, 09:14:06 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
Comparing 3 pt % then to now is irrelevant. It was a different game. DJ took 80 3 pointers in his entire career. That's just a busy month for Marcus.

DJ was an ok shooter. Smart is one of the worst shooters in the NBA. A guy shooting 35% for his career vs. a guy who shot 44% is 2 completely different players, not similar, no matter how anyone tries to twist #s.

Ehh... Smart has good mechanics and shooting form though... Even though he's terrible at shooting, his FT% clearly says otherwise...

If by good you mean not absolutely broken like Ball, yes.

His mechanics in ball position on the beginning of the motion and his release point make his shot very inconsistent. For a shot, simple is better. The more stuff you do, the more chance you are inconsistent. He starts with the ball too low which means it's traveling more to the apex than someone like Thompson and he releases the ball from behind his head instead of in front of his face like all greAt shooters.

His form is not good.