Author Topic: LeBron James buys 2nd Home In Los Angeles  (Read 3678 times)

Re: LeBron James buys 2nd Home In Los Angeles
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 08:47:47 PM »

Offline CelticsFanFromNYC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 137
Lavar ball takes this as a sign.

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 12:01:40 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
I think there is something to this...

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 12:11:30 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 619
forget him playing for the Lakers for a second. Why does someone need 2 large homes in the same area, by the way an area they live in a couple months out of the year?

I get that he has an insane amount of money but help me with the mindset. These trophies to himself? Is he bored with his money? Is this Warren Buffet advice to him to become a billionaire he so desires.

I'm not rich so I'm not one to judge how those who build wealth do it. I'm hoping someone here is wealthy and this makes sense to them and they can be like hey Chilly this is how you do it.

ok fine

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 12:31:17 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
forget him playing for the Lakers for a second. Why does someone need 2 large homes in the same area, by the way an area they live in a couple months out of the year?

I get that he has an insane amount of money but help me with the mindset. These trophies to himself? Is he bored with his money? Is this Warren Buffet advice to him to become a billionaire he so desires.

I'm not rich so I'm not one to judge how those who build wealth do it. I'm hoping someone here is wealthy and this makes sense to them and they can be like hey Chilly this is how you do it.

The reason is he's going to play for the Lakers next year. It has nothing to do with wealth building. They may have to move Deng but the core should look like this next year.

Randle
 LeBron
 Paul George
 Brandon Ingram
 Lonzo Ball

Kuzma
 Larry Nance JR
 Jordan Clarkson

Even if they can't bring back Randle that's a great core to work with

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2017, 12:43:23 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

The reason is he's going to play for the Lakers next year. It has nothing to do with wealth building. They may have to move Deng but the core should look like this next year.

Randle
 LeBron
 Paul George
 Brandon Ingram
 Lonzo Ball

Kuzma
 Larry Nance JR
 Jordan Clarkson

Even if they can't bring back Randle that's a great core to work with

It is starting to seem like Ingram is taking a leap much like Brown. That would certainly make them a lot more intriguing a choice. It is unclear if Ball is anything at this point.

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2017, 12:48:49 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I would be surprised if he didn't sell his "old" home.  He has no need for 2 large house both in Brentwood.  When you have his kind of money you can buy your new home before you sell your old home.  You then move the stuff at your leisure and sell the old home when you are fully moved into the new one.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2017, 12:50:14 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I would be surprised if he didn't sell his "old" home.  He has no need for 2 large house both in Brentwood.  When you have his kind of money you can buy your new home before you sell your old home.  You then move the stuff at your leisure and sell the old home when you are fully moved into the new one.
true. He has the luxury to wait for real estate prices to move up

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2017, 12:52:58 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
If he bought a condo downtown by the arena, that would be something, but this is a non-story given the type and location of the home.

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2017, 01:01:06 PM »

Offline RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104

Real estate is not a bad place to park your money when you have that much of it.  Better than it sitting in a bank account (particularly in this low interest rate environment).

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2017, 01:01:49 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
If he bought a condo downtown by the arena, that would be something, but this is a non-story given the type and location of the home.

Or it shows he still has his mind on LA. Would be tough break for Cleveland there... I wonder how much more money he makes in endorsements in LA compared to Cleveland..

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2017, 01:18:04 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Or it shows he still has his mind on LA. Would be tough break for Cleveland there... I wonder how much more money he makes in endorsements in LA compared to Cleveland..
Probably not much since he has national endorsements and thus won't take the local endorsements where the size of the city actually matters.

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2017, 01:22:10 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

Probably not much since he has national endorsements and thus won't take the local endorsements where the size of the city actually matters.
exactly he doesn't care about endorsements. lebron is bigger than the Lakers, so the "market size" means nothing when more people in Bosnia  know lebron than Lakers.

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2017, 01:27:35 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

exactly he doesn't care about endorsements. lebron is bigger than the Lakers, so the "market size" means nothing when more people in Bosnia  know lebron than Lakers.

I'm not really sure this is true. He would definitely also have local endorsements to add to his portfolio at a minimum and would think that would be a pretty substantial chunk of change. Also wasn't the presentation to Aldridge a few summers ago focused on how much more money he could make in LA with endorsemetns (which Aldridge hated cause he wanted to hear the basketball plans). Acting like there isn't a significant difference in potential earnings strikes me a bit like Cleveland fans going:
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 01:46:03 PM by celticsclay »

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2017, 02:02:18 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
selling the summer home to get a permanent residence.   He is buying an upgrade over the old one.   

He and his wifes pic was taken shopping for high schools back in the summer in LA. 

He can make way more TV and other endorsements in LA.   

I think he wants to end his career in LA.   

The front office will give him the reins and freedom run the team as he see fit.   This desire to run the team prohibits him from most of the teams.   Lakers are th ultimate suck up to get stars team .

Walton should be prepare to find another job .   Lebron will want HIS "yes" man coach in place.