Author Topic: IT4 "scrimmaged" at Cavs practice today  (Read 5504 times)

Re: IT4 "scrimmaged" at Cavs practice today
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2017, 08:53:32 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Hope he makes the cavs worse

I am not sure if you are joking or not. However this is possible. The cavs have an awesome offense and really don't need to improve. There problem at times has been defense and IT may make it worse. I feel bad for him from a pay day perspective cause I think he could earn a bigger contract
The Cavs are awesome because of Lebron.  He had to play 41 minutes to pull out a victory against the KIngs.  A game where 3 of their starters scored a total of 10 points total.  They're starting Calderon for goodness sake.  A healthy IT will be able to carry some of the offensive load allowing them to reduce Lebron's minutes a bit and allowing Lebron to give a bit more effort on defense.   

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2017, 08:55:47 AM »

Offline JumpingJudkins

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 27
Cmon guys..you all cannot follow IT and whatever he does or tweet all the time...its sickening and we get it...but this love for IT has to stop...support him then be a Cavs fan then.

Ivr moved on from every former Celtic and that includes Rondo who ive loved during the big 3 era more than Ray...but do I tweet or post whatever Rondo is eating or doung in scrimmage...nope...to be honest I want IT to fail miserably specually in the playoffs...why because a successful IT means he is and maybe going to torch us...I dont even care if he gets his $$.... The guy is ultra rich already as it is even if he does and does not get max...i really dont give a dong.

Yes, and we should spit on Paul Pierce if we see him in the street because he deserted the Celtics for the Nets and Clippers. Come on man, people are still allowed to have feelings.

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2017, 09:47:15 AM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862

I am not sure if you are joking or not. However this is possible. The cavs have an awesome offense and really don't need to improve. There problem at times has been defense and IT may make it worse. I feel bad for him from a pay day perspective cause I think he could earn a bigger contract

cavs currently are averaging as much points against as ppg  :o

For the season, maybe.   They had some horrendous defensive efforts in their early games.  But not "currently".

Over the last 13 games (their current winning streak), the Cavs have scored 116.2 points per 100 possessions and given up only 105.4 points per 100.   Those numbers would rank 1st and 4th in team rankings for offense.   They've notably held their opponents to under 100 points in 6 of their last 9 games.

People who dismissed the Cavs because of their rough start to the season were probably more than a bit ... premature.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2017, 09:53:53 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

I hope he makes them better.  Way, way better. Like, "better than the Warriors" better.

And I hope we crush them anyway.  I don't want to make the finals because the Cavs and the rest of the east suck, I want to make it because we beat the best and are ready to take on the Warriors.
I'm bitter.

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2017, 12:20:35 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862

I hope he makes them better.  Way, way better. Like, "better than the Warriors" better.

And I hope we crush them anyway.  I don't want to make the finals because the Cavs and the rest of the east suck, I want to make it because we beat the best and are ready to take on the Warriors.

I like this thinking.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2017, 01:10:02 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
I am rooting for IT.  I know that may not be in the best interest of the Celtics but it is just for one season, then he gets his big contract somewhere, LeBron joins up with Paul George in LA, and the Celtics rule the East for a decade.

I am OK with that.  IT is a great competitor and was a total Celtic.  He had a fabulous season for us, unbelievable.  I hope he has another one for the Cavs.  Let them have one more title.  I can wait one more season for us to make it to the finals when we have Hayward.

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2017, 01:46:43 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Thomas is cooked. Should have had the surgery to repair the hip.

Oh well, at least Ainge was smart enough to trade his damaged goods while he still could.

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2017, 02:38:20 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 375
As a fantasy owner of IT, I will be super nervous every time he drives and gets knocked down.  I hope he's 100%, but you never know when that injury will rear it's ugly head again.

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2017, 02:59:01 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

For the season, maybe.   They had some horrendous defensive efforts in their early games.  But not "currently".

Over the last 13 games (their current winning streak), the Cavs have scored 116.2 points per 100 possessions and given up only 105.4 points per 100.   Those numbers would rank 1st and 4th in team rankings for offense.   They've notably held their opponents to under 100 points in 6 of their last 9 games.

People who dismissed the Cavs because of their rough start to the season were probably more than a bit ... premature.

Their winning streak has included wins against 2 teams that will probably make the playoffs (Philly and Detroit). Acting like they have solved their issues beating up on Atlanta, Sacramento, New York, Brooklyn, Dallas and a crumbling Clippers team is a bit.... premature.

January is when they really get a legit schedule. 11 of their 13 games are against teams that will probably make the playoffs including Boston, Golden State and San Antonio. If they rip through that stretch than by all means, give them all sorts of credit. I suspect they will come crashing down to earth then. They have that schedule then cause their schedule now is so easy.

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2017, 03:01:23 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

Their winning streak has included wins against 2 teams that will probably make the playoffs (Philly and Detroit). Acting like they have solved their issues beating up on Atlanta, Sacramento, New York, Brooklyn, Dallas and a crumbling Clippers team is a bit.... premature.
The C's probably only beat 6 playoff teams in its win streak.  Do you hold them to the same standard?
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2017, 03:01:50 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

The Cavs are awesome because of Lebron.  He had to play 41 minutes to pull out a victory against the KIngs.  A game where 3 of their starters scored a total of 10 points total.  They're starting Calderon for goodness sake.  A healthy IT will be able to carry some of the offensive load allowing them to reduce Lebron's minutes a bit and allowing Lebron to give a bit more effort on defense.

Its a nice dream Tazz

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2017, 03:03:11 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Who cares ::)
The Cavs are the only Eastern Conference Team that can (and probably will) be favored against the Celtics in the playoffs and a lot of that will rest on the health of Thomas.  Thus, we all should care.

I think his bigger point is this particular update. It is probably the 6th update there has been on him since the season started (Including one poster saying he looked closer to returning because of how much he was jumping around on the bench). Im mildly interested in it, but I can understand why people don't care about a 4 on 4 scrimmage also.

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2017, 03:05:22 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

The C's probably only beat 6 playoff teams in its win streak.  Do you hold them to the same standard?

The fact that it included 3 times as many playoffs teams (including golden state) and was longer. Yea sure it is better. Is that the dumbest question you have ever asked me? Probably.

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2017, 03:06:50 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Thomas is cooked. Should have had the surgery to repair the hip.

Oh well, at least Ainge was smart enough to trade his damaged goods while he still could.

That tear does not fix itself , he just waited for it to calm down. Just weakened scar tissue .   IT has to play way harder than a 6 3" guy does to make up for his lack of height .   The physical beating of pushing his body to get his incredible shots and the crazy effort a little guy like him has to put forth on defense has me doubting the longevity of his healing.  Lebron is going tomhave to play his and ITs man too. 

« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2017, 03:09:13 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

First, 6 is a lot more than 2

Second, absolutely. The Celtics win streak was in large part a product of scheduling. Outside of Toronto and GSW they didn't plan an impressive host of teams. As bad as our strength of schedule was, Cleveland has been way worse.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.