Author Topic: IT4 "scrimmaged" at Cavs practice today  (Read 5502 times)

IT4 "scrimmaged" at Cavs practice today
« on: December 06, 2017, 04:27:46 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2017/12/isaiah_thomas_tristan_thompson.html#incart_m-rpt-2

It was 4 on 4 with Tristan Thompson (also working on coming back), Osman, and Zizic and then 4 staff members.  Thomas looked pretty good in the short video clip.  It looks like he may be back before the Christmas day game with the Warriors.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Re: IT4 "scrimmaged" at Cavs practice today
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 04:40:22 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Good to see IT back. I hope he gets a chance to land the payday he deserves this summer. Very few players deserve it as much as him, he has already earned it.

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 05:02:26 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Hope he makes the cavs worse

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 05:17:53 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

I am not sure if you are joking or not. However this is possible. The cavs have an awesome offense and really don't need to improve. There problem at times has been defense and IT may make it worse. I feel bad for him from a pay day perspective cause I think he could earn a bigger contract

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 05:28:49 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359

I am not sure if you are joking or not. However this is possible. The cavs have an awesome offense and really don't need to improve. There problem at times has been defense and IT may make it worse. I feel bad for him from a pay day perspective cause I think he could earn a bigger contract

cavs currently are averaging as much points against as ppg  :o 

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 05:46:41 PM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141

I don't think he is joking. It is a possibility, as IT has starred playing much time with the ball in his hands, lots of plays set for him and relieved in defense.

As cooked as he is, maybe a PG like Calderón (Dellavedova, this style) fits better with LeBron and Love than a scoring-first player which is a defensive liability.

The logic says IT should make them much better, but I don't take it as granted. Here we will have another opportunity to see if Stevens make every player better and Isaiah's last two years were real or consequence of the system, as I said many times.

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2017, 06:02:49 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
IT is anxious to comeback bc he wants a tribute on the Celts screen...then drop 40 in Dannys face

Cant blame him

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2017, 06:26:59 PM »

Offline Rakulp

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 78
IT is anxious to comeback bc he wants a tribute on the Celts screen...then drop 40 in Dannys face

Cant blame him

If that is his motivation, then I do blame him.

Danny sent him to the reigning Eastern Conference champions...put him in the best position possible to get as much exposure when he returned from his injuries to prove he was deserving of a max or near max contract next year, whether with the Cavaliers or another team.

It's not like he was shipped to a team whose losses will double their wins, without much of a TV market or fan support, to be lost in the misery pit - dilly, dilly! :)

Did Danny do it to help IT?  No, first motivation is to help the Celtics...but he dang sure didn't do anything that hurts IT.

Rak

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2017, 06:41:40 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Cant blame him

Danny sent him to the reigning Eastern Conference champions...put him in the best position possible to get as much exposure when he returned from his injuries to prove he was deserving of a max or near max contract next year, whether with the Cavaliers or another team.

It's not like he was shipped to a team whose losses will double their wins, without much of a TV market or fan support, to be lost in the misery pit - dilly, dilly! :)

Did Danny do it to help IT?  No, first motivation is to help the Celtics...but he dang sure didn't do anything that hurts IT.

Rak

What you wrote is all "cold business" speak

Yes IT4 is hurting... He is human

I would have done the trade a million times over. But also can sympathize with him.

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2017, 06:42:27 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I dunno, it is good to see that he is moving and playing.  But that was pretty low intensity 4 on 4.  IT didn't really show a lot of quick moves or display great mobility.  At least he is back on the court.  Who knows when it will be for real games though.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 07:35:58 PM by blink »

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2017, 07:35:08 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
That was more goofing around than playing hard.

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2017, 03:48:38 AM »

Offline Rakulp

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 78

Cant blame him

Rak

What you wrote is all "cold business" speak

Yes IT4 is hurting... He is human

I would have done the trade a million times over. But also can sympathize with him.

In a business there are guys who do it right and those who do it wrong.

In this case, by sending IT to Cleveland, Danny did him a solid.  There was a player available that would help lift the Celtics to the next level, IT was hurt and with an unknown return, so the deal was done. 

As you say, yes, IT is hurting...he is human...nobody denied that.  Ask Gordon Hayward and Celtics fans if they are not hurting about the first five minutes of that first game.  Life happens...and we have to live with the situations that occur in life. 

If IT were still on the team, what would our record be at this point?  Would we be "rushing" IT back to try to salvage a season and "possibly" be making the playoffs?  Or would we just let him heal, and just count this season as a loss...and hey, maybe we get a lottery pick?  Under that scenario, how is IT helped?  In his final contract year, to not get the opportunity to showcase himself, what contract does he get then?

At least on the Cavaliers, again, defending ECF champions, he will get great exposure...and, hopefully as I am a IT fan, do great and seal the deal on a multi year big dollar deal for the next 3 - 4 years.

All I'm saying is if IT is harboring long term resentment against Danny, then he should consider the fact that in the long run, Danny may have done him a tremendous favor.  Like you, I can sympathize with the emotional aspect of how things turned out, considering the heart he showed in the playoffs after his sister passed.  Again...I'm a fan of IT.  However, in the long run, it may be the best thing that ever happened to him.

Time will tell.

Rak

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2017, 04:22:14 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Who cares ::)

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2017, 06:20:21 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Cmon guys..you all cannot follow IT and whatever he does or tweet all the time...its sickening and we get it...but this love for IT has to stop...support him then be a Cavs fan then.

Ivr moved on from every former Celtic and that includes Rondo who ive loved during the big 3 era more than Ray...but do I tweet or post whatever Rondo is eating or doung in scrimmage...nope...to be honest I want IT to fail miserably specually in the playoffs...why because a successful IT means he is and maybe going to torch us...I dont even care if he gets his $$.... The guy is ultra rich already as it is even if he does and does not get max...i really dont give a dong.

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2017, 08:21:00 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Who cares ::)
The Cavs are the only Eastern Conference Team that can (and probably will) be favored against the Celtics in the playoffs and a lot of that will rest on the health of Thomas.  Thus, we all should care.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip