Author Topic: Murray showboat dribbles around Lonzo, gets clobbered by Randle  (Read 5190 times)

Re: Murray showboat dribbles around Lonzo, gets clobbered by Randle
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2017, 02:22:23 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
I think that Randle needs to pay less attention to this perceived disrespect and more effort into becoming a better basketball player

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2017, 02:24:38 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Wait, that counts for clobbering now? LOL.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2017, 02:25:43 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Wait, that counts for clobbering now? LOL.

Exactly! That's barely even a foul in the old days!

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2017, 02:31:01 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
wooooo .... thats some none family rated ball right there ......need to clean up,that dirty plat.

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2017, 02:34:57 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I think Murray was kind of a jerk for what he did, and Randle was stupid to over-react.  But it wasn't much of a reaction, and hardly a major foul.  There is an unwritten rule about not scoring in the last few seconds and respecting your opponent at the end of the game.  Murray acted kind of like a middle school kid.

But honestly, if we change the name on uniform and say Murray did that to Kyrie, and then Smart came over to Murray we would all be giving kudos to Smart for sticking up for our team.

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2017, 02:45:23 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Murray isn't a Big Baller but Randle is.

But seriously I don't think Murray's actions were enough to warrant such a response.

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2017, 02:54:24 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I think Murray was kind of a jerk for what he did, and Randle was stupid to over-react.  But it wasn't much of a reaction, and hardly a major foul.  There is an unwritten rule about not scoring in the last few seconds and respecting your opponent at the end of the game.  Murray acted kind of like a middle school kid.

But honestly, if we change the name on uniform and say Murray did that to Kyrie, and then Smart came over to Murray we would all be giving kudos to Smart for sticking up for our team.
Some of us would be saying "You lost by that much to the Nuggets? Shame on you." and then we'd be called trolls and haters and Felger lovers.

See there's two kinds of fans in this town. There are the fans and media that hold the teams accountable and there are homers that are kinda like your typical mommy. It's all "I love you no matter what. Your feelings are so important. No matter what you do I'll always be there for you. Here's your participation trophy."

Give me Felger and Bill Simmons all day every day over that stuff.

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2017, 03:16:52 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
1.  There is no "clobbering" or "flattening" occurring in this play.  This entire sequence is a non-story.

2.  Why does Lonzo turn his back to a man dribbling up the floor with the ball?  He's just going to give up a layup to Murray if he wants it there?
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2017, 05:21:30 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Disrespect is the intent here. Were it another player there I doubt Murray would have bothered. To me he is thinking "I want people to remember this image when they compare the best young guards".

I'm on board with it. Lonzo has a target on his back, he gets the accolades for little accomplishment and he'll get the derision as well. Whether he asked for it or not it's what is going to happen. His challenge is to build the mental fortitude required to deal with it and achieve his 'potential'.

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2017, 06:06:13 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Where is the clobbering of which you speak?
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2017, 09:32:51 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Completely different reaction here.

Completely classless by Murray.

Randolph did the right thing, sticking up for his teammate.
When did they start giving out class awards? Seriously, is there a Most Classy Player award that gets voted on that I am not aware of?

When did caring about your opponent's feelings when they don't do their job become a thing? 

What is this? England? India? Are we all gonna pull out our tea and crumpets and discuss how dignified the various plays are with our freshly pressed morning jackets? Perhaps the servants could say "here here."

Welcome to America where if you don't do your job people let you know.
lol