Poll

Will cavs beat Celtics 16 game win streak

Yes
14 (51.9%)
No
13 (48.1%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Author Topic: Are the cavs going to beat our win streak? Currently at 12 wins (poll)  (Read 5092 times)

Re: Are the cavs going to beat our win streak? Currently at 12 wins (poll)
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2017, 10:10:02 AM »

Offline alley oop

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
I guess they started going on that winning streak after LeBron posted that Arthur meme.

Jeez, the things that drive teams to win...

They actually stArting playing better once they lost Thompson and rose also

No coincidence - they lost probably THE worst outside shooters in the team the their two biggest killers of flood spacing.

With mediocre outside shooters like LeBron and Wade out there, I knew that team could never see success with rose and Thompson out there as well.

Then let's hope Rose and Thompson come back soon.

Didn't Rose announce his retirement?

He had 80 million reasons to stay:

Derrick Rose returns to the Cavs
However, ESPN pointed out that if Rose were to retire, he would forfeit the remaining seven years of his shoe deal with Adidas, worth about $80 million. The former Bulls star is making $2.1 million with the Cavs this season.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 10:16:06 AM by alley oop »

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2017, 10:18:49 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532
I voted no.  The Cavs certainly could, but I think they slip up in the next 5 games.  It is hard to keep a streak that long and eventually you just get tired and a lesser team beats you (see Boston losing to Miami).
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2017, 10:35:07 AM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
Their next opponents:
-Kings
-pacers
-Sixers
-hawks
-lakers
-jazz
-wizards

They get easy competition facing the hawks like 3 times during their streak lol

6 of those 7 games are part of 3-games-in-4-nights stretches though, with the Sixers and Wizards both being the 3rd game in 4 nights and the 2nd night of a back-to-back for the Cavs. 

On the flip side the Sixers will be coming off 2 days rest (but playing on the road), while the Wizards will have 1 day off (but in the middle of a home stand).

Sixers and Wizards will be tough outs.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2017, 01:50:43 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Their next opponents:
-Kings
-pacers
-Sixers
-hawks
-lakers
-jazz
-wizards

6 of those 7 games are part of 3-games-in-4-nights stretches though, with the Sixers and Wizards both being the 3rd game in 4 nights and the 2nd night of a back-to-back for the Cavs. 

On the flip side the Sixers will be coming off 2 days rest (but playing on the road), while the Wizards will have 1 day off (but in the middle of a home stand).

Especially because I think both teams are tricky match up for the Cavs.

The Cavs are tiny with Love and Crowder up front, and the Wizards front line is big, strong and physical. Without Thompson that's a tough match-up. Throw in the speed and athleticism of beal and wall (if he plays) against cleveland's age... It's not looking pretty.

On the other hand if Embiid plays for the Sixers, I can't think of anybody on the cavs roster who can deal with him.  He's a monster on both ends, and simmons (as a 6'10" / 240 pound PG) is a matchup nightmare for anybody...let alone a Cavs team that currently kinda has no PG.

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2017, 06:15:28 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
Their next opponents:
-Kings
-pacers
-Sixers
-hawks
-lakers
-jazz
-wizards

Especially because I think both teams are tricky match up for the Cavs.

The Cavs are tiny with Love and Crowder up front, and the Wizards front line is big, strong and physical. Without Thompson that's a tough match-up. Throw in the speed and athleticism of beal and wall (if he plays) against cleveland's age... It's not looking pretty.

On the other hand if Embiid plays for the Sixers, I can't think of anybody on the cavs roster who can deal with him.  He's a monster on both ends, and simmons (as a 6'10" / 240 pound PG) is a matchup nightmare for anybody...let alone a Cavs team that currently kinda has no PG.
Thompson will likely be back by the end of the weekend

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2017, 06:23:47 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
I dont care if they win 20 in a row...

As long as we are on top of em by seasons end who cares whatever streak they do...

Frnkly im more of a lose 1 for every 9 games and we still end up with a very good record.

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2017, 09:10:45 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
So since their win streak was snapped at 13 by Indiana, the Cavs have won 5 straight with a game at Milwaukee and then home with Chicago before the Christmas day clash with the Warriors.  The Cavs are just 1.5 games back on the Celtics and the Raptors are right there as well. 

After the Warriors, the Cavs have 3 more very winnable games before coming to Boston January 3rd. 

Thomas is looking at an early January return, so it might be fitting if his first game back is in the Garden. 

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2017, 09:49:44 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
I was getting so annoyed at people burying Cleveland early in the year and this is why.  My stupid friend would just not shut up about it, and how the Celtics defense would be #1 all year.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2017, 10:05:09 AM »

Offline jambr380

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1755
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
It's not looking great for the Cs, but that's okay with as many injuries as we've had. Our entire season hinges on whether Hayward returns anyway.

If we are not going to finish 1st, then I would prefer Cleveland does as I would at least like another chance at them in the ECF rather than the EC semis. Toronto is proving to be amazing right now; hopefully they'll drop a couple of games sooner rather than later.

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2017, 10:32:14 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
The only reason they are winning is because Lebron has to burn himself to win games, which means there will be no playoff Lebron, i hope they keep it

Torondo is paper tiger, they shrink in playoffs, if they make it #2 the ECF is gonna be a easy one

« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2017, 10:34:05 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
The only reason they are winning is because Lebron has to burn himself to win games, which means there will be no playoff Lebron, i hope they keep it

When have you seen him fall off in the Playoffs before? He is always like this and besides some cramping there has never been issues.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2017, 10:40:08 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88

When have you seen him fall off in the Playoffs before? He is always like this and besides some cramping there has never been issues.
You mean the series that we sent him out of Cavs to Miami?

Don't let the ghost scare you, remember he has done nothing in terms of championships without 2 other clutch stars to carry him, it was Wade and KI, now he only has one Love and he is old now, he just sprained his ankle even before the season, all signs of indication shows he is going down

« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2017, 11:08:00 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith

Torondo is paper tiger, they shrink in playoffs, if they make it #2 the ECF is gonna be a easy one
Lebron is playing less mpg this year then he did last year and this is without Thomas at all and Thompson for a large portion of the season.  Last year he seemed to be just fine in the playoffs.

Toronto is 3-2 in their last 5 playoff series and both losses were to the Cavs.  I wouldn't exactly call them an easy out.

« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2017, 11:34:12 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

Don't let the ghost scare you, remember he has done nothing in terms of championships without 2 other clutch stars to carry him, it was Wade and KI, now he only has one Love and he is old now, he just sprained his ankle even before the season, all signs of indication shows he is going down
Father time will catch up to Lebron eventually but there is no evidence that it will be this year. 

« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2017, 11:47:15 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith

Father time will catch up to Lebron eventually but there is no evidence that it will be this year.
All true, I actually chuckled at him limiting it to championships without another star, so you can totally disregard all of the playoff series victories, Finals appearances, etc. that litter Lebron's resume.  I find it especially funny that requiring another star to win a championship somehow belittles Lebron, when all of the all time greats won titles on teams with other HOFers as well.  Winning championships requires great teams.