Author Topic: The 2018 NBA Draft Prospects playing on TV Today, We Can Dream, thread:Ongoing  (Read 23547 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Thx. I'm not sure I'm sold on trae young yet

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

TP for posting.....me either on Young,  but 48/5/8 today vs quality conference opponent was pretty impressive.

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

TP for posting.....me either on Young,  but 48/5/8 today vs quality conference opponent was pretty impressive.
He took 39 shots to do it and had 7 turnovers. 

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

I'm convinced that the Oklahoma scheme allows inflated stats for the lead guard. First Hield, now Young.

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

I'm convinced that the Oklahoma scheme allows inflated stats for the lead guard. First Hield, now Young.
An analyst said Young was told he could play like he wanted to if he came to Oklahoma.  In Big 12 games, his turnovers are:  7, 6, 8. 4, 9, 12 and 7. 

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
yeah.....big difference from the Northwestern States of the world that they feasted on early

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Young is a great college player.  Oklahoma def schemes to get him his 49 shots as any other college team would with a dominating player.  I think the real question is does that domination transfer to the NBA where everyone is 3-6" taller and 40lbs heavier.  Young is talented but I really worry about his size in being able to replicate any of these results. 

I am sure people can site Steph Curry as an example, but not many 6'2" guards that can shoot well end up being Steph Curry in the NBA.  Lets see how well he does the rest of the year.  Big12 is brutal this year, by the end of the conf schedule we should know a lot more about him.

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas

Young is a great college player.  Oklahoma def schemes to get him his 49 shots as any other college team would with a dominating player.  I think the real question is does that domination transfer to the NBA where everyone is 3-6" taller and 40lbs heavier.  Young is talented but I really worry about his size in being able to replicate any of these results. 

I am sure people can site Steph Curry as an example, but not many 6'2" guards that can shoot well end up being Steph Curry in the NBA.  Lets see how well he does the rest of the year.  Big12 is brutal this year, by the end of the conf schedule we should know a lot more about him.

TP, well summarized.

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
UDATE:

Sunday, January 21st, 2018

Draft prospects playing today ON TV:

12:00 BTN:::::::::::::Rutgers/Michigan:::::::::::::Geo Baker (NE product, Derry, NH)/Wagner (13), Matthews (1)

12:00 ACCNE::::::::::MIA/NCSt::::::::::::::::::::::Bruce Brown (11), a Boston kid, Dewan Huell (20)/Yurtseven (14),

12:00 ACCNE::::::::::BC/Louisville::::::::::::::::::Jerome Robinson (1)/Adel (22), King (0), Mahmoud(14) (7 footer, avg 3.7 blocks per game)

6:00 ESPNU::::::::::::UVA/ Wake:::::::::::::::::::Devon Hall (0), Ty Jerome (11)/Doral Moore(4) 7"1", 280 lbs, Chaundee Brown (23)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 07:55:12 PM by csfansince60s »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
UDATE:

12:00 BTN:::::::::::::Rutgers/Michigan:::::::::::::Geo Baker (NE product, Derry, NH)/Wagner (13), Matthews (1)

12:00 ACCNE::::::::::MIA/NCSt::::::::::::::::::::::Bruce Brown (11), a Boston kid, Dewan Huell (20)/Yurtseven (14),

12:00 ACCNE::::::::::BC/Louisville::::::::::::::::::Jerome Robinson (1)/Adel (22), King (0), Mahmoud(14) (7 footer, avg 3.7 blocks per game)

6:00 ESPNU::::::::::::WVA/ Wake::::::::::::::::::::Jevon Carter (2), Lamont West (15)/Doral Moore(4) 7"1", 280 lbs, Chaundee Brown (23)
You may want to change that to UVA. WVA played yesterday.

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
UDATE:

6:00 ESPNU::::::::::::WVA/ Wake::::::::::::::::::::Jevon Carter (2), Lamont West (15)/Doral Moore(4) 7"1", 280 lbs, Chaundee Brown (23)
You may want to change that to UVA. WVA played yesterday.

Fixed.

Thanks.

TP.

Glad someone reads this thread and is paying attention.

Have thought about not doing the thread anymore. Gets a lot of views and few posts for a lot of work.

Oh well!

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
It IS a lot of work. Hats off to you brother. TP!

Maybe you can do a poll of whether you should continue doing these if you feel your work is underappreciated or overlooked. I dig it but I also know a lot of the prospects but not even close to what you post.

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
UPDATE:

Monday, January2 2nd, 2018

Draft prospects on TV tonight:

7:00 ESPN:::::::::::::UNC/VATech:::::::::::::::, Williams(24),Maye (32), Manley (21)/Nickel Alexander-Walker (4), Hill (13)

7:00 FS1::::::::::::::::Maryland:::::::::::::::::Cowan (1), Huerter (4)

7:00 ESPN::::::::::::::Texas/IOSt::::::::::::::Bamba (4), Jones (1), Osteowski (21)/Lindell Wigginton (5),Cameron Lard (2), Nick Weller-Babb (1)

8:00 BTN::::::::::::::::Ohio St:::::::::::::::::Keiton Bates Diop (33), Kaleb Wesson (34)

9:00 FS1:::::::::::::::::::Michigan St:::::::::::Miles Bridges (22), Jarren Jackson (2), Ward (44), Langford (1), Cassius Winston (5)

9:00 ESPN::::::::::::::::::WVa/TCU::::::::::::Jevon Carter (2), Lamont West (15)/Kenrich Williams (34),Desmond Bane

9:00 ESPNU:::::::::::::::Baylor::::::::::::::::::Jo Lual-Acuil (0)

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
UDATE:

Wednesday, January 24th, 2018

6:30 FS1:::::::::::::::::::::::::Marquette/Xavier::::::::::::::Sam Hauser (10), Howard (0)/Trevon Bluiett (5), JP Macura (55)

7:00 SEC/ESPN::::::::::::::::::FLA:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::Jalen Hudson (3)

7:00 ACCNE:::::::::::::::::::::GTech/FSU:::::::::::::::::::::::Ben Lammers (44)/Mfiondu Kabengele (25), CJ Walker (23

7:00 ESPNU::::::::::::::::::::::BC/Syracuse:::::::::::::::::::::Jerome Robinson (1)/Tyus Battle (25), Oshae Brissett (11)

7:00 BYN::::::::::::::::::::::::::Rutgers::::::::::::::::::::::::::Geo Baker (NE product, Derry, NH)

7:00 CBSSN:::::::::::::::::::::::ST Joes/St Bonaventure:::::::Funk (3)/Jaylen Adams(3),Matt Mobley(2)

8:00 ESPN2:::::::::::::::::::::::Miami/Louisville::::::::::::::::Bruce Brown (11), a Boston kid, Dewan Huell (20),Lonnie Walker(4)/Adel (22), King (0), Mahmoud(14) (7 footer, avg 3.7 blocks per game)

8:30 FS1:::::::::::::::::::::::::::DePaul/GTown::::::::::::::::::Max Strus (31)/Jessie Govan (15), Jamorko Pickett (1)

9:00 CBSSN::::::::::::::::::::::Temple/Cinci:::::::::::::::::::::Quinton Rose (13), Shizz Alston (3)/Jacob Evans (1)

9:00 ACCNE:::::::::::::::::::::::NC State:::::::::::::::::::::::::Yurtseven (14),

9:00 ESPNU:::::::::::::::::::::::::USC:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::Chimezie Metu (4), Boatwright (25)

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
UDATE:

Thursday, January 25th, 2018

7:00 ESPN:::::::::::::::Michigan/Purdue:::::::::Wagner (13), Matthews (1)/Vince Edwards (12), Matt Haarms (32)>>>>>>> 7'3" freshman averaging 2.8 Bpg in 17 mpg!!

7:00 CBSSN:::::::::::::SMU/UConn::::::::::::::::Shake Milton(1)/Jalen Adams (4).....local kid (Roxbury)

7:15 ESPN3::::::::::::::UT-Arlington:::::::::::::::Kevin Hervey (25)

8:00 BTN:::::::::::::::::Ohio St::::::::::::::::::::Keiton Bates Diop (33), Kaleb Wesson (34)

8:30 FS1:::::::::::::::::Colo/Arizona:::::::::::Wright IV (25)/Ayton (13), Alkins (1), Trier (35

9:00 ESPN2:::::::::::::WichSt:::::::::::::::::::::Landry Shamet (11)

9:00 ESPNU:::::::::::::::Tulane::::::::::::::::::::Ethan Chargois (5)Cam Reynolds (5)

9:30 PAC12N::::::::::::::ArizSt:::::::::::::::::::::Tra Holden (0), Evans (11), White (23)

10:30 FS1::::::::::::::::::UCLA::::::::::::::::::::::Wilkes (13), Holiday (3), Smith (5), Riley (2)

11:00 ESPNU:::::::::::::::Gonzaga::::::::::::::::Rui Hachimura(21),Jonathan Wms (23)