Author Topic: The 2018 NBA Draft Prospects playing on TV Today, We Can Dream, thread:Ongoing  (Read 23542 times)

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Fantastic game by Bagley today - 32 points, 21 boards against FSU.

I expect he’s going to be great at the next level; some of his drives remind me of Tatum, the way he can use his length and long arms to get around defenders. Love his motor, too.

The way he is doing most of his work makes it a little hard to to be completely sure about him. Watch him on offense and a lot of the time he camps on the block waiting for an entry pass to come in or a shot to go up. He doesn’t do much boxing out; a lot of the time he’s just jumping over guys to get a board. And on D, Duke plays a lot of zone. Still, I think there’s plenty there to work with. Put him in a pro system and I think he can be special.

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111

I expect he’s going to be great at the next level; some of his drives remind me of Tatum, the way he can use his length and long arms to get around defenders. Love his motor, too.

The way he is doing most of his work makes it a little hard to to be completely sure about him. Watch him on offense and a lot of the time he camps on the block waiting for an entry pass to come in or a shot to go up. He doesn’t do much boxing out; a lot of the time he’s just jumping over guys to get a board. And on D, Duke plays a lot of zone. Still, I think there’s plenty there to work with. Put him in a pro system and I think he can be special.

Bagley is quite skilled, but has plenty of upside. He's the clear no1 target with the Lakers pick..

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Anybody see the ASU/AZ game? I know it was on PAC12N.

Wow...lived up to the hype.

Ayton 23/19/3.....killer.

Trier 18 second half points.

Tra Holder 31 for ASU.....

High Level of competition.

This was in Tucson… Lets see what happens when they play at Tempe.

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261

Bagley is quite skilled, but has plenty of upside. He's the clear no1 target with the Lakers pick..

Nothing is clear at this point.

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas

Nothing is clear at this point.

That's a for sure.

With conference play having just started, lots of teams/players have been feeding on teams who are just schedule filler, for the most part, although there have been a few good non-conference games.

Now is the time we will start to get a clearer picture of players' values.

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
UPDATE: Things are getting more interesting and games more competitive as conference play has started for many. From here on we should be able to tell a lot more about the draft candidates!!!!

Sunday, December 31st.

Draft prospects playing today/ tonight:

12:00 BTN:::::::::::::::::::::::::Michigan State:::::::::::Miles Bridges (22), Jarren Jackson (2)

2:30 FS1:::::::::::::::::::::::::::Creighton::::::::::::::::Khyri Thomas (2), Marcus Foster(0)

4:00 ESPNU::::::::::::::::::::::::Cincinatti::::::::::::::::::Jacob Evans (1)

4:00 ESPN3:::::::::::::::::::::::::Missouri State::::::::::::Alize Johnson (24)

6:00 ESPN::::::::::::::::::::::::::Georgia/Kentucky::::::::::::::::Yante Matten (1), Rayshaun Hammonds (20)/Knox(5), Vanderbtilt (2), Diallo (3),Richards (4)

6:00 ESPNU:::::::::::::::::::::::::VATech/Syracuse::::::::Nickel Alexander-Walker (4)/Tyus Battle (25), Oshae Brissett (11)

8:00 ESPNU:::::::::::::::::::::::::SMU::::::::::::::::::::::::Shake Milton(1)

8:00 PAC12N:::::::::::::::::::::::Wash/UCLA::::::::::::::::Nowell (5), Crisp (1), Dickerson (18), Thybulle(4)/Wilkes (13), Holiday (3), Smith (5), Riley (2)

10:00 PAC12N::::::::::::::::::::::Oregon:::::::::::::::::::Troy Brown (0), Pritchard (3)

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
HAPPY NEW YEAR

UPDATE: Monday, January 1st, 2018

Draft prospects on TV tonight:

It's Bamba Time!!

5:00 ESPNU::::::::::West Virginia::::::::::Jevon Carter (2), Lamont West (15)

7;00 ESPNU:::::::::::Texas vs Iowa State.::::::::::::::Mo Bamba (4), Andrew Jones (1)/Lindell Wigginton (5),Cameron Lard (2), Nick Weller-Babb (1)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 12:34:01 PM by csfansince60s »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I'll be at this game. I'm also keeping an eye on Nick Weiler-Babb for the Cyclones. He's the brother of former Red Claws and Celtics (briefly) player Chris Babb. Babb isa 6'6'' athletic point guard with good court vision.

Bamba should dominate tonight. The Cyclones have no one on the front line who can matchup with him.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

It's Bamba Time!!

7;00 ESPNU:::::::::::Texas vs Iowa State.::::::::::::::Mo Bamba (4), Andrew Jones (1)/Lindell Wigginton (5),Cameron Lard (2)

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
I'll be at this game. I'm also keeping an eye on Nick Weiler-Babb for the Cyclones. He's the brother of former Red Claws and Celtics (briefly) player Chris Babb. Babb isa 6'6'' athletic point guard with good court vision.

Bamba should dominate tonight. The Cyclones have no one on the front line who can matchup with him.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

It's Bamba Time!!

7;00 ESPNU:::::::::::Texas vs Iowa State.::::::::::::::Mo Bamba (4), Andrew Jones (1)/Lindell Wigginton (5),Cameron Lard (2)

Enjoy the game and TP for the post. Looking forward to hearing your first-hand scouting report!!

I will include him from now on. I almost did, because he does have great numbers. I didn't know about his athleticism, but what concerned me was that he originally played for Arkansas in the '14-15 season for  a very brief time (just a couple of games, I think), and then he was out for a year; do you know if it was injury or eligibility issues?

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas

HAPPY NEW YEAR

It's Bamba Time!!

Enjoy the game and TP for the post. Looking forward to hearing your first-hand scouting report!!

I will include him from now on. I almost did, because he does have great numbers. I didn't know about his athleticism, but what concerned me was that he originally played for Arkansas in the '14-15 season for  a very brief time (just a couple of games, I think), and then he was out for a year; do you know if it was injury or eligibility issues?

I'll talk to my sister-in-law about it. She would know. I did not know he played for Arkansas.

He is 22 -- so he is an older player. I don't know anything about his personality or eligibility issues, but I do know his numbers and abilities on the basketball court make him intriguing.

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas

HAPPY NEW YEAR

It's Bamba Time!!

I'll talk to my sister-in-law about it. She would know. I did not know he played for Arkansas.

He is 22 -- so he is an older player. I don't know anything about his personality or eligibility issues, but I do know his numbers and abilities on the basketball court make him intriguing.

Ultimately a disappointing game from an NBA prospect sense. Although it was fun to watch a big 12 OT game.

Bamba did his thing, but disappeared for large portions of the game. He did have two key blocks in overtime to seal it, but there was probably 8 times that his team needed him to gather a rebound to finish a defensive possession, and he failed to do so. He also got man-handled several times by Iowa State muscle -- I wonder what NBA muscle will do to him?

Babb showed me something, but he is not aggressive enough. He is a facilitator on a team that badly needs an aggressive shot creator. He facilitates well. He struggled with his shot a bit, but he had several really impressive drives to the rim. His control of the pick-and-roll game was impressive, but again, his team desperately needs scoring, not facilitating.

Wittington was awful tonight, but Iowa State's offensive scheme doesn't help him (very little off-ball movement). I still think he has good upside, but he won't be a real prospect until 2019 or 2020.

Jones came off the bench in their blitz package and had a couple key plays in the game, but he got yanked pretty quick too. There's something going on with him that is affecting his playing time, but I can't find anything out.

Iowa States two big men, Lard and Young, were both productive and active, but I don't think either shows NBA talent level.

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas

Ultimately a disappointing game from an NBA prospect sense. Although it was fun to watch a big 12 OT game.

Bamba did his thing, but disappeared for large portions of the game. He did have two key blocks in overtime to seal it, but there was probably 8 times that his team needed him to gather a rebound to finish a defensive possession, and he failed to do so. He also got man-handled several times by Iowa State muscle -- I wonder what NBA muscle will do to him?

Babb showed me something, but he is not aggressive enough. He is a facilitator on a team that badly needs an aggressive shot creator. He facilitates well. He struggled with his shot a bit, but he had several really impressive drives to the rim. His control of the pick-and-roll game was impressive, but again, his team desperately needs scoring, not facilitating.

Wittington was awful tonight, but Iowa State's offensive scheme doesn't help him (very little off-ball movement). I still think he has good upside, but he won't be a real prospect until 2019 or 2020.

Jones came off the bench in their blitz package and had a couple key plays in the game, but he got yanked pretty quick too. There's something going on with him that is affecting his playing time, but I can't find anything out.

Iowa States two big men, Lard and Young, were both productive and active, but I don't think either shows NBA talent level.

Great first-hand scoring report. TP, thanks!

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
UPDATE: Tuesday, January 2nd, 2018

7:00 FS1::::::::::::Butler/Xavier::::::::::::Kelan Martin (30)/Trevon Bluiett (5), JP Macura (55)

7:00 ESPNews:::::TCU/Baylor::::::::::::::Kenrich Williams (34),Desmond Bane/ (1)Jo Lual-Acuil (0)

7:00 ESPNU:::::::::Tennessee:::::::::::::Grant Wms (2), Bowden(23)

7:00 ESPN:::::::::::Wisconsin:::::::::::::Ethan Happ (22), Davison (34)

7:00 ESPN2:::::::::Michigan::::::::::::::Wagner (13), Matthews (1)

7:00 BTN:::::::::::Maryland:::::::::::::Cowan (1), Huerter (4)

7:00 ESPN/SEC::::Alabama::::::::::::Collin Sexton (2), John Petty (23)

9:00 ESPN::::::::::TexTech/Kansas:::::Zhaire Smith (2), Jarret Culver (23)Mikhailiuk (10), Graham (4), Preston (23), Lawson (1), Azubuike (35)

9:00 ESPN2::::::::FLA/A&M:::::::::::::Jalen Hudson /(3)Robt Wms (44), Hogg (1), Gilder (3)

9:00 ESPNU::::::::Louisville:::::::::::::Adel (22), King (0), Mahmoud(14) (7 footer, avg 4.5 blocks per game)

9:00 FS1::::::::::::DePaul/Georgetown:::::::Max Strus (31)/Jessie Govan (15), Jamorko Pickett (1)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 06:10:22 PM by csfansince60s »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
UDATE:

Wednesday, January 3rd, 2018

Draft prospects playing today:

6:30  ESPN/SEC:::::::::::Georgia:::::::::::::;:::::Yante Matten (1), Rayshaun Hammonds (20)

6:30  CBSSN:::::::::::::::Marquette::::::::::::::::Sam Hauser (10)

7:00 ESPN2:::::::::::::::UNC::::::::::::::::::Maye (32), Manley (21)

7:00 BTN:::::::::::::::::::Purdue::::::::::::::::::Vince Edwards (12), Matt Haarms (32)>>>>>>> 7'3" freshman averaging 3.1 Bpg in 17 mpg!!

7:00 ACCNE::::::::::::::::BC::::::::::::::::::::::::Jerome Robinson (1)

7:00 ESPNU:::::::::::::::Syracuse::::::::::::::::Tyus Battle (25), Oshae Brissett (11)

8:00 FS1:::::::::::::::::::Creighton::::::::::::::Khyri Thomas (2), Marcus Foster(0)

8:30 ESPNU::::::::::::::::Oklahoma:::::::::::::Trae Young (11)

9:00 BTN:::::::::::::::::::Minnesota:::::::::::::Jordan Murphy (3), Amir Coffey (5)

9:00 ACCNE::::::::::::::::VaTech::::::::::::::::Nickel Alexander-Walker (4), Hill (13)

9:00 ACCNE:::::::::::::::Miami/GTech:::::::::Bruce Brown (11), a Boston kid, Dewan Huell (20)/Lammers (44)

9:00 ACCNE::::::::::::::::Notre Dame::::::::::::::::Bonzie Colson (35)

9:00 ESPN3:::::::::::::::::Boise St:::::::::::::: Chandler Hutchison (15), Justian Jessup (3)...6'6" guard who is 41/77 from 3-land

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
UDATE:

Thursday, January 4th, 2018: Those in the Northeast, stay safe, hunker down and watch the:

Draft prospects playing today:

7:00 ESPN::::::::::::::::::::::::::Wichita State::::::::::::Landry Shamet (11

7:00 ESPNU:::::::::::::::::::::::Ohio State::::::::::::::::Keiton Bates Diop (33), Kaleb Wesson (34)

8:00 FS1:::::::::::::::::::::::::::MD/MichSt::::::::::::::Cowan (1), Huerter (4)/Miles Bridges (22), Jarren Jackson (2)

8:15 ESPN3::::::::::::::::::::::UT Arlington::::::::::::::Kevin Hervey (25)

8:30 PAC12N::::::::::::::::::::ASU/Colorado::::::::::::Tra Holden (0), Evans (11), White (23)/McKinley Wright IV (25)

9:00 ESPN:::::::::::::::::::::::::Arizona::::::::::::::::::Ayton (13), Alkins (1), Trier (35

9:00 ESPN2::::::::::::::::::::::Cincinatti/Temple:::::::::::::Jacob Evans (1)/Quinton Rose (13), Shizz Alston (3) dynamic guard combo

9:00 ESPNU::::::::::::::::::::::SMU/Tulane::::::::::::::::::::Shake Milton(1), Ethan Chargois (5)Cam Reynolds (5)

9:00 CBSSN::::::::::::::::::::::Missouri State::::::::::::::::::Alize Johnson (24)

!0:00 FS1::::::::::::::::::::::::UCLA::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::Wilkes (13), Holiday (3), Smith (5), Riley (2)

10:30 PAC12N::::::::::::::::::USC/Cal:::::::::::::::::::::::::Chimezie Metu (4), Boatwright (25)/Darius McNeil (1), Justice Sueing (10)

11:00 ESPNU::::::::::::::::::::Gonzaga:::::::::::::::::::::::Rui Hachimura(21),Jonathan Wms (23)