Author Topic: Semi Ojeleye Catch All Thread  (Read 39157 times)

Re: Semi starting to wake up or heat up
« Reply #135 on: January 19, 2018, 09:47:58 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
This is from C's blog and the numbers don't reflect the last 2 contests, which would bring the majority of those numbers down.

Boston is allowing 6.1 more points per 100 possessions when Ojeleye is on the floor.

Opponents are actually shooting 2.0 percent better than expected on shots that Ojeleye contests.

Ojeleye is averaging just 0.5 deflections, 0.3 steals, and 0.0 blocks per game. Such statistics aren’t perfect measurements, but they do tend to reflect a certain level of activity, particularly as a help defender.

What is of greater concern are Ojeleye’s offensive struggles. He’s shot the ball poorly, posting meager .325/.286/.632 splits. Boston’s offense has cratered in his minutes, scoring 98.6 points per 100 possessions, a full 12.8 points worse than when Ojeleye is on the bench.

The Celtics have a net rating of -8.4 points when he plays, 18.9 points worse than when he sits. It begs the dual questions of just how much time on the court Ojeleye should see, and what the team’s expectations should be for him when he plays?

Ironic how these are many of the points I've been harping upon for months and what I saw, and continue to observe, is being supported by data.

98.6 per 100 Full 12.8 worse than when semi is on THE BENCH
Celtics have net rating of -8.4 18.9 points worse than when he SITS
SEEMS your  saying everything is worse when he SITS- then it must be better when he plays.

Against Cleveland comeback he played 23 minutes and most of 4th
I would say his minutes may be a reflection of Morris being back and his offense
In late December he injured his back and his minutes started declining except for Cleveland but your now in Brads head and surmising he has lost confidence-could be Morris and his point production
Hey how is Crowder playing by the way!!!! and he is not a rookie

You love to eviscerate our rookies and end of bench-maybe we should have kept Green.
This a Brad quote from earlier this month"he is already close to being one of the best defenders in NBA"
"On defensive end i think he can be elite"
"I'm not sure he is far from that now"
AND my simple" he may eclipse Crowder" compared to your" he sucks" ,doesn't hustle non athletic comments-and you over ride combine stats because he trained for it -didn't everybody except Fultz,
This is a 2nd round pick getting minutes for one of the best teams with one of the best records-
It must infuriate you that Brad plays him against the best of the NBA
Even better  he got an all star vote
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 10:31:08 AM by rollie mass »

« Reply #136 on: January 19, 2018, 11:54:36 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
This is from C's blog and the numbers don't reflect the last 2 contests, which would bring the majority of those numbers down.

Boston is allowing 6.1 more points per 100 possessions when Ojeleye is on the floor.

Opponents are actually shooting 2.0 percent better than expected on shots that Ojeleye contests.

Ojeleye is averaging just 0.5 deflections, 0.3 steals, and 0.0 blocks per game. Such statistics aren’t perfect measurements, but they do tend to reflect a certain level of activity, particularly as a help defender.

What is of greater concern are Ojeleye’s offensive struggles. He’s shot the ball poorly, posting meager .325/.286/.632 splits. Boston’s offense has cratered in his minutes, scoring 98.6 points per 100 possessions, a full 12.8 points worse than when Ojeleye is on the bench.

The Celtics have a net rating of -8.4 points when he plays, 18.9 points worse than when he sits. It begs the dual questions of just how much time on the court Ojeleye should see, and what the team’s expectations should be for him when he plays?

Ironic how these are many of the points I've been harping upon for months and what I saw, and continue to observe, is being supported by data.

98.6 per 100 Full 12.8 worse than when semi is on THE BENCH
Celtics have net rating of -8.4 18.9 points worse than when he SITS
SEEMS your  saying everything is worse when he SITS- then it must be better when he plays

Your reading comprehension is off. The numbers have changed since, but at the time of its posting they were a clear statistical representation of the lack of positive Semi impact has had.

To help you out....

98.6 is what the team scores when he's on the floor, which is 12.8 worse than when he's on the bench.

The net rating is 18.9 worse when he is in the game vs not.

How did all this confuse you? It's pretty self-explanatory.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 12:03:18 PM by Eddie20 »

« Reply #137 on: January 19, 2018, 12:29:45 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Semi's defense seems like it's mostly impressive to the degree that he is so absurdly strong that he can body up just about anybody and make himself very difficult to move, and quick enough to stay in front of them reasonably well. It's a useful skill for sure and can look great in highlights but everything aside from that has been a learning process.

He's shown a bit of promise here and there, even on offense, but he's very much not a positive contributor right now outside of that physical skillset.

« Reply #138 on: January 21, 2018, 03:08:58 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
The guy is a bum. He hasn't scored a single point since December 23rd and over the last 51 minutes he's totaled the following:

Pts 0 (yes, zero)
Reb 5
Ast 1
Fouls 8
FGM 0
FGA 7

« Reply #139 on: January 21, 2018, 03:13:41 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
The guy is a bum. He hasn't scored a single point since December 23rd and over the last 51 minutes he's totaled the following:

Pts 0 (yes, zero)
Reb 5
Ast 1
Fouls 8
FGM 0
FGA 7

The offense I can forgive. Its the lack of motor and contribution to other areas other than 1 on 1 defense that I am really p---ed off.

« Reply #140 on: January 21, 2018, 03:16:08 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 627
  • MASTER OF PANIC
He is terrible and is a waste of a roster spot. Send him to the [dang] G league for good.

« Reply #141 on: January 21, 2018, 03:21:22 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

Pts 0 (yes, zero)
Reb 5
Ast 1
Fouls 8
FGM 0
FGA 7

The offense I can forgive. Its the lack of motor and contribution to other areas other than 1 on 1 defense that I am really p---ed off.

His motor is awful. He plays with the intensity of a guy playing a pickup game on the weekend.

« Reply #142 on: January 21, 2018, 03:23:06 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269

Pts 0 (yes, zero)
Reb 5
Ast 1
Fouls 8
FGM 0
FGA 7

Wow.  Astonishing.  Thanks for those stats!!

Smitty77

« Reply #143 on: January 21, 2018, 03:23:33 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I hope they cut his ass. He should not take a valuable roster spot next season.

« Reply #144 on: January 21, 2018, 03:27:27 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
Semi's lack of motor on full display here. This is the stuff I'm talking about. All this talk about him being an athletic monster, well this the type of play where some hustle would've shown him pin that layup on the backboard. Instead, he actually slowed down while running back on defense! Inexcusable stuff from a rookie of all things.

5:48 mark
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic8zOIE5QW0

« Reply #145 on: January 21, 2018, 03:34:47 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Celts should have drafted Bell

« Reply #146 on: January 21, 2018, 03:35:53 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Celts should have drafted Bell
[/quote

Semi has scored as many points as I have since Christmas

« Reply #147 on: January 21, 2018, 04:03:55 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Now shooting 28% from 3 on the season.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #148 on: January 21, 2018, 04:11:52 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
i think he is sound asleep at the wheel.

« Reply #149 on: January 21, 2018, 04:57:47 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2237
i think he is sound asleep at the wheel.

I don't think that he is even in the car.