Author Topic: Winslow" Best non trade" Red said Danny was LUCKY  (Read 7930 times)

Winslow" Best non trade" Red said Danny was LUCKY
« on: December 03, 2017, 01:28:52 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Winslow for all those  draft choices-
Danny getting Jaylen was something he wanted going back to Jeff Green a  long, strong, athletic wing player.
Jaylen has super quick twitch and I think his dribbling skills will eventually catch up to where he wants to go
He is after all only 21 and now his jumper sure looks nice.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 09:10:35 AM by rollie mass »

Re: Winslow" Best non trade" Red said Danny was LUCKY
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 01:38:41 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Hey Rollie,

As you know, I'm a fan of your posts, generally.

But I must give you the dubious award today for having the biggest disconnect between Subject Heading and content of your OP. 

Totally lost on me, bro.

Cheers,
Footey

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 01:46:20 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Hey Rollie,

But I must give you the dubious award today for having the biggest disconnect between Subject Heading and content of your OP. 

Totally lost on me, bro.

Cheers,
Footey
I think I follow this one.  Danny tried to trade 4 picks to move up to get Winslow.  Thankfully that didn't happen.  Can't recall but one of those picks may have been the pick we used to take Jaylen.  So get lucky a trade doesn't happen and then get a better player at the same position. 

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2017, 01:57:20 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
If he had made that trade ,we wouldn't have Jaylen and maybe not Rozier, Tatum and Kyrie
Danny wanted a Winslow type  and it was Jaylen at number three-Remember the reaction.
Winslow as it turns out isn't that good.TOO straight line not as quick as Jaylen or athletic  AND Jaylen can shoot better

I must think like Kyrie

The best non trade -giving up all those picks
Winslow vs Jaylen
The only reason it didn't happen was Jordan wanting Kaminsky-Therefore Reds phrase -Danny is lucky.
TP to TAZZ
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 03:22:14 PM by rollie mass »

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2017, 01:59:50 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
20 is relatively advanced in terms of basketball development.  I think brown can improve his handle some but don’t see it ever being a strength.  It will take a big effort for his handle to be average and likely will stay below average as far as star wings go.

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2017, 02:07:59 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
Hey Rollie,

Totally lost on me, bro.

Cheers,
Footey
I think I follow this one.  Danny tried to trade 4 picks to move up to get Winslow.  Thankfully that didn't happen.  Can't recall but one of those picks may have been the pick we used to take Jaylen.  So get lucky a trade doesn't happen and then get a better player at the same position.

That Danny offered 4 first round picks for Winslow is (a) unsubstantiated, and (b) even if technically true, was never suggested that it involved any of the Nets' picks. The fact is we had so many 1st round picks stockpiled at that point (2 of which were later used to take Rozier and Hunter; the other two could have been Memphis and/or Dallas (Yabusele) and/or our own (Zizic)).  I seriously doubt Danny would have risked any Net pick on Winslow.  Show me a Danny quote where he said he offered one and I will shut up.

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2017, 02:09:05 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
If he had made that trade ,we wouldn't have Jaylen and maybe not Rozier, Tatum and Kyrie
Danny wanted a Winslow type  and it was Jaylen at number three-Remember the reaction.
Winslow as it turns out isn't that good.TOO straight line not as quick as Jaylen or athletic  AND Jaylen can shoot better

I must think like Kyrie

The best non trade -giving up all those picks
Winslow vs Jaylen
The only reason it didn't happen was Jordan wanting Kaminsky-Therefore reds phrase -Danny is lucky.
TP to TAZZ

See my response to TAZZ. Urban legend.

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2017, 02:57:48 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
20 is relatively advanced in terms of basketball development.  I think brown can improve his handle some but don’t see it ever being a strength.  It will take a big effort for his handle to be average and likely will stay below average as far as star wings go.

I think Jaylen is 21. Bradley has improved his handle, which was really bad, until it looks pretty decent with Detroit. Players tend to improve until 28b or so. The Great players get better every year until they breakdown physically.

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2017, 03:13:29 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
There was no mention of all first rounders by me-the point was we wound up with Jaylen not Winslow and Danny did say he got carried away.
Sorry i did give you a complimentary TP and i do agree that sometimes i take libeties with my posts.I have been oblivious to those that don't have access to information and i do take leaps

I have been following Winslow and Jaylen is scoring and shooting better and is more versatile on defense.I had just read an article on Danny's drafting and that failed move up wasn't addressed'.
The Celtics landscape would now be totally different if that trade had gone through.Just look at the change from last season-The number of different scenarios is mind boggling
'I like the team we have, so no if only's from me-only a Danny is LUCKY

Jaylen was 21 on Oct 25,2017
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 09:12:59 AM by rollie mass »

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2017, 03:17:11 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Hey Rollie,

Totally lost on me, bro.

Cheers,
Footey

That Danny offered 4 first round picks for Winslow is (a) unsubstantiated, and (b) even if technically true, was never suggested that it involved any of the Nets' picks. The fact is we had so many 1st round picks stockpiled at that point (2 of which were later used to take Rozier and Hunter; the other two could have been Memphis and/or Dallas (Yabusele) and/or our own (Zizic)).  I seriously doubt Danny would have risked any Net pick on Winslow.  Show me a Danny quote where he said he offered one and I will shut up.

Zach Lowe disagrees:

"Boston put Charlotte on the other end of a quantity-for-quality pitch," writes Lowe. "The Celtics offered four first-round picks for the chance to move up from No. 16 to No. 9: that 16th pick, No. 15 (acquired in a prearranged contingency deal with the Hawks), one unprotected future Brooklyn pick, and a future first-rounder from either the Grizzlies or Timberwolves, per sources familiar with the talks."

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/good-charlotte-the-hornets-and-the-sliding-scale-of-nba-mediocrity/

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2017, 04:00:29 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Rollie you did wow us with this one. We were blessed not to make the Winslow trade for sure.Brown and Tatum are studs. We may be getting better picks from Memphis and the Clippers. LA Pick looks promising for us next year. Our future is bright we will have a new All Star on our team next year too.
Thanks Rollie for your post I come here to see them everyday.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2017, 04:52:01 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Hey Rollie,

Totally lost on me, bro.

Cheers,
Footey

Zach Lowe disagrees:

"Boston put Charlotte on the other end of a quantity-for-quality pitch," writes Lowe. "The Celtics offered four first-round picks for the chance to move up from No. 16 to No. 9: that 16th pick, No. 15 (acquired in a prearranged contingency deal with the Hawks), one unprotected future Brooklyn pick, and a future first-rounder from either the Grizzlies or Timberwolves, per sources familiar with the talks."

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/good-charlotte-the-hornets-and-the-sliding-scale-of-nba-mediocrity/

Maybe I am forgetting, but when did they have a future first from Minny?

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2017, 05:05:37 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
What has Winslow been doing recently? Almost forgot about him completely tbh...  :o
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2017, 06:10:23 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Hey Rollie,

Totally lost on me, bro.

Cheers,
Footey

Zach Lowe disagrees:

Danny tried to trade with several teams in the top 10 that year.  Afterwards he said, he'd probably offered to much. 

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2017, 06:28:52 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Rather than pure luck, maybe it was a case of fear of being duped by Danny.   Thankfully, that didn't stop Philly this off-season.