Author Topic: Winslow" Best non trade" Red said Danny was LUCKY  (Read 7955 times)

Re: Winslow" Best non trade" Red said Danny was LUCKY
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2017, 03:45:01 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Are you saying that Tatum doesn't look like the best rookie player taken out of the top 3 in the draft when he is averaging 14 points a game, 5.5 rebounds, and 51% from 3 point land right now?  I just call it like I see it.  You are welcome to wait 5 years before coming to a conclusion but don't expect other people to take that long to connect the dots.

Lonzo Ball - Dead last in FG%, 3Pt%, FT% in the NBA.  Gee, he's a real worldbeater, isn't he?

Markelle Fultz - can't even raise his arm to shoot jumpshots.  Eventually shut down because his agent, not his team, claimed he had an injury.

I don't see a very strong case for Fultz OR Ball.

Btw, if Ainge's 'brain doctor' told him that Fultz wasn't a winner, guess what, the brain doctor looks correct right about now.  And aren't we glad we passed on the overrated Lonzo Ball and went with Tatum instead?

Isn't it a bit early in their respective careers to make these sort of proclamations?

Isn't it possible to celebrate who we got without denigrating who we didn't?
Ball is also 8th in the league in APG and 3rd among PG's in RPG (and that includes Simmons as a PG).  Ball is 7th in the league in double doubles and 3rd in the league in triple doubles.  When you only look at those stats, it tells a vastly different picture of Lonzo Ball's rookie year.

My point is, you can pick out a stat here and there and use them to fit whatever narrative it is you want them to fit. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Re: Winslow" Best non trade" Red said Danny was LUCKY
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2017, 04:00:16 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
it will be interesting to revisit all this at the end of this and also next season. by then, i think enough evidence will finally be in to make better informed opinions on this year's draft class.

waiting for that should be an easy feat for folks here at cb.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva