Author Topic: This team plays well with few/no days off, & bad with many days off  (Read 1801 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Anyone remember Paul pierce night? Or after the all star break how poorly we played, London vs the sixers how bad that first half was.

On the contrary, We played best during that 16 game win streak, when we had many back to backs, and very few days off...
 I noticed this is continuing here in the playoffs, we had 1 day between that game 7 and this game 1 and we continued that momentum of playing well.

I can't tell if its a coincidence or this team just doesn't get fatigued. Maybe the team being so young is an attribute that helps them play nonstop all year without skipping a beat.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 09:31:00 PM by CelticsElite »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Yeah but after that 16 game streak, the Celtics started losing here and there. The excuse was because they lacked practice time together after Hayward went down. Plus, there were a lot of massively come-from-behind wins during that streak.

The 76ers will have film on the Celtics after Game 1. I expect them to steal Game 2 but the Celtics bounce back with a Game 3 win in a hostile environment. It will be very something if the Celtics win Thursday night.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Yeah but after that 16 game streak, the Celtics started losing here and there. The excuse was because they lacked practice time together after Hayward went down. Plus, there were a lot of massively come-from-behind wins during that streak.

The 76ers will have film on the Celtics after Game 1. I expect them to steal Game 2 but the Celtics bounce back with a Game 3 win in a hostile environment. It will be very something if the Celtics win Thursday night.

Would be interesting to see how they deal with the defense on Simmons.

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Well, we did have a long enough layoff before the playoffs and they won game 1. I'm sure our boys will be just fine

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

You mean watching guys after they drive around him because he is not fast enought to play PG.   Don't drink the kool-aid, Simmons and long and lengthy and athletic, but he does not have the fire to play good D.   It was a problem for him at LSU, and it was a problem for him the first game against us.

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

You mean watching guys after they drive around him because he is not fast enought to play PG.   Don't drink the kool-aid, Simmons and long and lengthy and athletic, but he does not have the fire to play good D.   It was a problem for him at LSU, and it was a problem for him the first game against us.

I mean how Philly deals with Brad building a wall in the paint against simmons, because Simmons can't shoot

The op was saying Philly would have film on us, and be better able to deal with us

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
We didn't play since tuesday

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
We didn't play since tuesday

NBA made sure of that?

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
The op was saying Philly would have film on us, and be better able to deal with us

Yep, and he was completely and utterly wrong.

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Just bad all over the place. Brown not backing up his mouth, Rozier trying to play hero ball and bad decisions.
Team is going to lose game 3 because the long lay off they forgot to playing the Celtic way.

Re: This team plays well with few/no days off, & bad with many days off
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2018, 10:06:20 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Just bad all over the place. Brown not backing up his mouth, Rozier trying to play hero ball and bad decisions.
Team is going to lose game 3 because the long lay off they forgot to playing the Celtic way.
Very true

Tp

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2018, 10:15:45 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
They're young and bad on the road.  Not a surprise.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2018, 10:27:27 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I've noticed that they seem to play worse with more time off. Still, they should've played better tonight.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2018, 10:41:35 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
I've noticed that they seem to play worse with more time off. Still, they should've played better tonight.
agreed 100%