Author Topic: Remember When We Had Fultz Week On This Blog? How Time Flies  (Read 5656 times)

Re: Remember When We Had Fultz Week On This Blog? How Time Flies
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2017, 06:47:00 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I think the D'Angelo Russel comparison is a good one, and look at what happened with him.

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2017, 07:30:26 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
I remember Fultz week because I was thinking that if we didn't get Fultz, we'd end up with Josh Jackson because Danny would love his intensity, potential and inability to shoot.

Here's a good way to predict the future on CB: Look at what I posted. Then, choose the opposite.

Mike

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2017, 07:44:40 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I remember Fultz week because I was thinking that if we didn't get Fultz, we'd end up with Josh Jackson because Danny would love his intensity, potential and inability to shoot.

Here's a good way to predict the future on CB: Look at what I posted. Then, choose the opposite.

Mike

"This team that took CLE to 5 games will add Hayward and Fultz! WOW!"

Then what do they do? Trade IT, Bradley, Crowder, add Hayward, Tatum, Morris AND Kyrie...  :o  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2017, 09:21:04 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Love Jayson's talent and maturity level.

Looking forward to him growing in BOS AND that Laker's pick panning out.

Marvelous Marvin Bagley is looking REALLY good.....

i'm not impressed.....  his body is more advanced than his "pace"

he is a sec slow in decisions but dominating bc of his body

this won't fly at the nba level....

At this rate he should stay another season in college but we all know won't

I haven't been impressed with any of the so called top 5 2018 picks.   Doncic moves like Hayward and i don't think you can build around him....but he could fit very well under CBS/celtics lineup.  high iq, good team player

The few top pgs in the lotto, have looked pretty good also

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2017, 09:35:17 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I haven't been impressed with any of the so called top 5 2018 picks.   Doncic moves like Hayward and i don't think you can build around him....but he could fit very well under CBS/celtics lineup.  high iq, good team player

Bagley is a stud. He is just young. He is going to be a superstar. And Doncic might not have elite athleticism, but he is athletic and has elite BBIQ, shooting, facillitating, and rebounding for the SG position. He might be the most ready ultra young player to enter the Association and be a difference maker right away since Lebron. You take Dincic and puthim on the Celtics, giving him Smart's minutes and he is probably 6th Man of the Year candidate.

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2017, 09:46:08 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Bagley is a stud. He is just young. He is going to be a superstar. And Doncic might not have elite athleticism, but he is athletic and has elite BBIQ, shooting, facillitating, and rebounding for the SG position. He might be the most ready ultra young player to enter the Association and be a difference maker right away since Lebron. You take Dincic and puthim on the Celtics, giving him Smart's minutes and he is probably 6th Man of the Year candidate.

Nick, have you seen Bagley play? I don't mean highlights

It doesn't take a basketball scout to see , that he is raw.     His shooting needs work.  his handles need work

His unrefined back to the basket ways wont' fly at the NBA.   

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2017, 09:52:42 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

It doesn't take a basketball scout to see , that he is raw.     His shooting needs work.  his handles need work

I have watched him in a couple of games and loved what I saw. If I hadn't seen him play, I wouldn't have commented.

His physical tools are off the chart. He will be a dominant inside pressence in rebounding and defense. His offense will develop as I think he has the BBIQ that will allow him to expand his game and round it out. I like the form of his shot. The kid might not be ready right away but by the time he hits 22-23 years old, he is going to be an absolute stud.

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2017, 09:57:18 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
The thing I like about Bagley is very crafty. Reminds me of horford or even pierce post play a little bit

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2017, 12:11:33 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I was definitely a part of this lol. Completely bought into it, and I was questionable about the trade. Tatum was #2, so I wasn't too bummed out about it, but man DA made me shut my mouth (again)
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2017, 12:16:02 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

He is hardly raw. His moves on the low post are very smooth, and his unrelenting work in order to get good position on the post clearly grinds down his man. His passing from the post is good, especially for an 18 year old. He reads the defence well and doesn't really force anything, as shown by him averaging 22PPG on 61% shooting, with only 2 TO's per game.

The guy is a beast. That being said, I prefer Ayton
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2017, 12:23:43 AM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
Regarding the Bagley discussion earlier in this thread, According to the draft people I’ve been reading and listening to (podcasts), Marvin Bagley isn’t the consensus #1 overall pick at this time.  They are concerned about his lack of shooting and rim protection.  The Stepien has him #9 (which I think is bs but that’s besides the point).

https://www.thestepien.com/2018-draft-rankings/

Right now the consensus #1 is Luka Doncic.  He’s incredible.  In his prime he’ll probably be the most skilled player in the league if not close to it.  He’s not a super duper athlete but he has outlier skill so I think he’ll succeed.

Personally, Ayton is #1 on my board followed by Bagley at #2, Doncic #3, and MPJ at #4.

Point being, if you hope on us getting Bagley,  it is definitely not out of the question because he is far from a lock to go #1. 

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2017, 12:35:19 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Regarding the Bagley discussion earlier in this thread, According to the draft people I’ve been reading and listening to (podcasts), Marvin Bagley isn’t the consensus #1 overall pick at this time.  They are concerned about his lack of shooting and rim protection.  The Stepien has him #9 (which I think is bs but that’s besides the point).

Right now the consensus #1 is Luka Doncic.  He’s incredible.  In his prime he’ll probably be the most skilled player in the league if not close to it.  He’s not a super duper athlete but he has outlier skill so I think he’ll succeed.

Personally, Ayton is #1 on my board followed by Bagley at #2, Doncic #3, and MPJ at #4.

Point being, if you hope on us getting Bagley,  it is definitely not out of the question because he is far from a lock to go #1.

No offense but consensus #1 should mean... Well Fultz was the consensus #1 last season

What Iam saying is that unless its the unanimous #1,  its open

Doncic has his flaws and concerns

If Tatum was available for the 2018 draft, he would go #1 imo. We really lucked out

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2017, 12:40:28 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
I remember I was pretty excited about having an IT4/Fultz backcourt.

Boy was I crazy 7 months ago lol...

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2017, 12:41:41 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

Mike

"This team that took CLE to 5 games will add Hayward and Fultz! WOW!"

Then what do they do? Trade IT, Bradley, Crowder, add Hayward, Tatum, Morris AND Kyrie...  :o  :laugh:

Adding Kyrie was the most surprising part.

But if it wasn't for Kyrie, our record won't be 20-4.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2017, 12:52:24 AM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73

No offense but consensus #1 should mean... Well Fultz was the consensus #1 last season

What Iam saying is that unless its the unanimous #1,  its open

Doncic has his flaws and concerns

If Tatum was available for the 2018 draft, he would go #1 imo. We really lucked out

You’re right.  I have the tendency of using “favorite” and “consensus” interchangeably when I shouldn’t. 

I meant that currently Luka Doncic is the favorite. However, either  he, Bagley, Ayton, and Porter jr depending on physicals can go #1.

Are you saying that Tatum would go #1 in 2018 based on what he showed before he became a pro? Or based on what we’ve seen including NBA?