Author Topic: Suns (8-15) at Celtics (19-4) Game #24 12/2/17  (Read 19002 times)

Re: Suns (8-15) at Celtics (19-4) Game #24 12/2/17
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2017, 08:10:48 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I've watched the Suns play a lot and wanted to add a few things.

- Len is not the usual starter. In fact, the only 2 games he's started were when Chandler was hurt and before the Monroe trade.

- What I've noticed from Triano is that on back-to-backs he'll give Chandler a game off and start Monroe. The Suns aren't on a back-to-back, so on those days Len usually  gets a DNPCD. However,  game Monroe picked up the DNPCD. So only 2 of the 3 bigs will play today, we'll just have to wait to see who they are. My guess it'll be Monroe and Chandler.

- Chriss was starting earlier in the year, but has since been replaced by Bender. That said, Chriss started in their last game.

- Mike James is a key player for them and is pretty good. He is in a 50/50 timeshare with Ulis.

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2017, 09:43:27 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2017, 09:49:50 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Tyler Ulis ought to pose a real challenge.  Kyrie not dropping 40 would be a failure here.

Oh hey tarheelsxxiii. Thanks for setting up a high bar of success in a veiled attempt at bad-mouthing him and trolling commenters in this thread already.

How about we get a win as a team?

By the way, have you noticed he's averaging 28 ppg on 53%, 46%, 83% shooting since he came back from injury? Pretty elite shoot percentages for a volume scorer.

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2017, 09:55:40 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557
Go Celtics!   I used to love the Sat and Sun games during the day back in the day.   

the sunday games on CBS with Tommy Heinsohn commentating in the 80's were the best.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2017, 09:57:36 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
Tyler Ulis ought to pose a real challenge.  Kyrie not dropping 40 would be a failure here.

Oh hey tarheelsxxiii. Thanks for setting up a high bar of success in a veiled attempt at bad-mouthing him and trolling commenters in this thread already.

How about we get a win as a team?

By the way, have you noticed he's averaging 28 ppg on 53%, 46%, 83% shooting since he came back from injury? Pretty elite shoot percentages for a volume scorer.

It must be really tough nowadays for Tarheels. Irving is playing sensational, we have the best record in the league, and are doing it with a roster that on paper, following Hayward's injury, might be worse than last year's.

If only Irving hadn't of spurned Tarheels for that autograph years ago. Maybe Irving didn't even notice him there. Who knows?

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2017, 10:55:33 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

- Len is not the usual starter. In fact, the only 2 games he's started were when Chandler was hurt and before the Monroe trade.

- What I've noticed from Triano is that on back-to-backs he'll give Chandler a game off and start Monroe. The Suns aren't on a back-to-back, so on those days Len usually  gets a DNPCD. However,  game Monroe picked up the DNPCD. So only 2 of the 3 bigs will play today, we'll just have to wait to see who they are. My guess it'll be Monroe and Chandler.

- Chriss was starting earlier in the year, but has since been replaced by Bender. That said, Chriss started in their last game.

- Mike James is a key player for them and is pretty good. He is in a 50/50 timeshare with Ulis.

Why are you watching the Suns of all teams?

That said, thanks for the info.

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2017, 11:21:56 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Go Celtics!   I used to love the Sat and Sun games during the day back in the day.

I still have the NBA on NBC theme song in my head for every weekend day game that comes on! All 90s all the time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMyYwoTMIgY

the sunday games on CBS with Tommy Heinsohn commentating in the 80's were the best.

Okay okay, the 80s were clearly better (even though I was quite young) since the Cs were so dominant  :)

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2017, 11:45:17 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

For Draft Kings. I play on there pretty frequently and since the Suns are one of the fastest teams in terms of pace I usually target players against them.

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2017, 11:53:00 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
Update:

Len will be on a limit IF he plays. He sprained his ankle so I expect him to not play, but be in uniform.

Chandler will start. Monroe will come off the bench.

Morris is still on minutes restriction (25-30).

Baynes starting.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 12:02:51 PM by Eddie20 »

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2017, 11:54:06 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

For Draft Kings. I play on there pretty frequently and since the Suns are one of the fastest teams in terms of pace I usually target players against them.

Makes sense, and good strategy!

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2017, 12:18:35 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Update:

Len will be on a limit IF he plays. He sprained his ankle so I expect him to not play, but be in uniform.

Baynes starting.

I like Byanes starting, the team just seems to function better as a whole with him in that spot in the rotation.

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2017, 12:20:13 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Idk about you guys, but I'm also watching this game as a bit of an "audition" for Chandler, Monroe and Len (possible buy-out guys or trade candidates in the coming months).  ;D

Although I now am aware thanks to @Eddie20 that Len may be limited today.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2017, 12:22:15 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
Update:

Baynes starting.

I like Byanes starting, the team just seems to function better as a whole with him in that spot in the rotation.

I normally agree, but now I'm scared of Monroe feasting on Theis. I think Theis vs Chandler and Baynes vs Monroe are much better matchups for us.

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2017, 12:33:19 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Update:

Baynes starting.

I normally agree, but now I'm scared of Monroe feasting on Theis. I think Theis vs Chandler and Baynes vs Monroe are much better matchups for us.

True.

It'll be important to substitute Horford/Baynes wisely, so that one of them is in the game with Monroe.

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2017, 12:55:22 PM »

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 614
  • Puns of steel
Glad it's an early game. I needed something to help me focus on anything besides the tax legislation passed last night at 2 am.

Go Celtics!
My biases, in order of fervor:
Pro:
Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Kemba, Grant Williams, Sleepy Williams, Edwards!

Anti:
Kanter, Semi, Theis, Poierier