Author Topic: Wizards, Raptors, Bucks, Timberwolves interested in Deandre Jordan?  (Read 1791 times)

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
Worthy discussion fodder:

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/248217/Raptors-Wizards-Wolves-Bucks-Interested-In-Trading-For-DeAndre-Jordan

I wouldn't mind seeing on any of those teams just to shake things up. Problem would be it probably drops the Clips below Lakers..

Re: Wizards, Raptors, Bucks, Timberwolves interested in Deandre Jordan?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 07:05:55 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Dang. I had Knicks.

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 07:08:38 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I think it depends what the Clippers got back.  Jordan makes a lot of money, and none of those teams have enough expiring contracts to send in return, which means they’ll probably get someone useful.  He’s also not a great fit on a team without a PG, and it’s probably better for the Clippers to play Blake at the 5 and Gallo at the 4 for a lot of the game when both are healthy.

Accordingly, I don’t know that the Clippers would take a huge hit or really go to a true tank after trading him.  He’s not very effective for them right now as is, and doesn’t really fit when everyone is healthy.  If they get the right players back, they could actually be a better team, both now and next year when we want them in the playoffs.

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 07:21:55 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551
Did Jordan and Drummond go to the same free throw shooting coach?  They're both shooting 60%+. 

Considering how flaky Jordan was during last free agency, I'm not sure I'd give up much for him.  He could be an interesting addition to all those teams but the article only mentions what the Bucks might have to give up. 

If the Clippers do decide to trade Jordan, would they also move on from some of their other players? 

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2017, 07:26:03 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Please go to one of the eastern conference teams so teams can utilize Hack-a-Jordan.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2017, 07:26:49 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
Did Jordan and Drummond go to the same free throw shooting coach?  They're both shooting 60%+. 

Considering how flaky Jordan was during last free agency, I'm not sure I'd give up much for him.  He could be an interesting addition to all those teams but the article only mentions what the Bucks might have to give up. 

If the Clippers do decide to trade Jordan, would they also move on from some of their other players?

I don’t think so.  A lot of their players are hurt, anyway.  Maybe Lou Williams at the deadline.

Most of those will be a hard match since they’re all near the luxury tax or in it, including the Clippers. Only the Wolves have real wiggle room.

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2017, 07:31:44 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
I want Lou Williams!!!
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2017, 07:58:40 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
I think it depends what the Clippers got back.  Jordan makes a lot of money, and none of those teams have enough expiring contracts to send in return, which means they’ll probably get someone useful.  He’s also not a great fit on a team without a PG, and it’s probably better for the Clippers to play Blake at the 5 and Gallo at the 4 for a lot of the game when both are healthy.

Accordingly, I don’t know that the Clippers would take a huge hit or really go to a true tank after trading him.
He’s not very effective for them right now as is, and doesn’t really fit when everyone is healthy.  If they get the right players back, they could actually be a better team, both now and next year when we want them in the playoffs.

Blake is gone for two months though and they are already at bottom of standings. Do you feel like they can stay afloat without him during that time somehow?

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2017, 08:09:45 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

Accordingly, I don’t know that the Clippers would take a huge hit or really go to a true tank after trading him.
He’s not very effective for them right now as is, and doesn’t really fit when everyone is healthy.  If they get the right players back, they could actually be a better team, both now and next year when we want them in the playoffs.

Blake is gone for two months though and they are already at bottom of standings. Do you feel like they can stay afloat without him during that time somehow?

If they traded DJ tomorrow for a Bucks package that included Brogdon and Middleton, absolutely.  They need a PG in the worst way.  DJ and Wesley Johnson for Middleton, Brogdon, and Henson keeps both teams below the luxury tax, and makes both teams better.

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2017, 09:14:28 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512

If they traded DJ tomorrow for a Bucks package that included Brogdon and Middleton, absolutely.  They need a PG in the worst way.  DJ and Wesley Johnson for Middleton, Brogdon, and Henson keeps both teams below the luxury tax, and makes both teams better.

The Bucks are getting Parker back at some point so losing Middleton would be less of a blow.  Seems like a sound trade for both teams.

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2017, 10:19:01 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551

The Bucks are getting Parker back at some point so losing Middleton would be less of a blow.  Seems like a sound trade for both teams.
That also means they are getting Parker's terrible defense back which is a pretty big blow. 

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2017, 10:22:02 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

That also means they are getting Parker's terrible defense back which is a pretty big blow.

That’s coming back regardless, which makes Jordan all the more useful.

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2017, 11:48:46 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Why give up Brogdon and Middleton  for Jordan?