Author Topic: Wyc scolds Felger & Mazz  (Read 7759 times)

Re: Wyc scolds Felger & Mazz
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2017, 09:07:09 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
Um did Wyc just let go info he shouldn't have about Kyrie? Saying Kyrie "chose us" and then about "refusing to go back" Was that when the trade was done and Cleveland tried to stop it? Did Kyrie say I'm not going back after Cleveland tried to hold us hostage for more picks?

The story at the time was that Kyrie was excited about the trade and waived his trade kicker to show that he wanted to play here.  He didn’t “choose us” in the literal sense because it wasn’t his choice to make, but that gesture did suggest that he favored us over other potential destinations.

Perhaps Wyc is simply referring to that.

I dunno, seems like he walked back the “refused to go back” part...
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2017, 09:10:17 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
These two buffoons said they should fire Belichick and trade Brady after getting blown out 41-14 to KC that Monday night a few years ago...

2.5 years and 2 Super Bowls later..  ::)

But seriously, "hey should they trade the next Popovich and a Top-3 coach in the league for a 2nd round pick"?? IDIOTIC. I'm glad Wyc blasted them.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2017, 09:57:11 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
I think those guys were a little uncomfortable when he first mentioned the moving the rights thing. He let them off the hook and should have pressed it like he was really serious.

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2017, 11:21:03 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I know they hate basketball but unsure what their knowledge is in hockey or baseball (Mazz does seem like he is a big fan and knows it)

With that said, I am on Wyc's side, that they should just pull all Celtics / basketball related ads from them and not allow them to talk about the Celtics in any form.

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2017, 11:44:55 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
what two morons ....

If I were Front office Id completely pull all their advertising

Id demand the owners of the station fire them

Two absolute,creeps.

Schtick sells. I don't think we get their actual opinions. Radio is all about hot takes and contrarian thoughts to generate a buzz. Sponsors want listeners, and they get what they want with Felger & Mazz.

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2017, 12:27:54 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
First  of all if you actually listen too the interview its not actually as heated as this transcript makes it appear. the pull your rights thing was a joke for example. Wyc is clearly convinced that Brad is extremely important to this team, and he is right. To be fair however the point Felger and Maz make about superstars being fundamentally more important than coaches in basketball is true. I'd rather have Kyrie Irving than Brad Stevens. Tyron freakin' Lue won a championship (with Kyrie being a big reason why). Felger and Mazz obviously take stuff to the extreme, cuz its radio and they want to get listeners. But they aren't wrong fundamentally. Doesn't mean Brad isn't super important, I'd rather have him than any coach in the league right now, but superstars win.

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2017, 08:49:25 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
yeah the point they were trying to make was basically "if" you had to choose between a superstar and the coach what would the choice be?

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2017, 09:22:58 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
yeah the point they were trying to make was basically "if" you had to choose between a superstar and the coach what would the choice be?

If that's the point they wanted to make then don't start the questions with the interviewee with "how important is coaching?!" - or basically implying that coaches in the nba aren't important.

The scenario is completely Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ing ridiculous, (superstar or coach), and so was how they introduced their theory. They're both complete idiots.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2017, 09:48:45 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
they kind of both are right. Brad is extremely important to the celtics and is a good coach. the amount of players that get BETTER when they come here is an example of that. he gets the most out of the talent he has. He also is the reason we got Kyrie, Hayward, Big Al

BUT

tyron lue won a championship, so did erik spoelstra, even doc rivers has done poorly with the clippers since he hasn't had 3 HOF players.

So, coaches can be extremely important, but if you have HOF talent it can overcome poor coaching.

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2017, 10:13:09 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
Good for Wyc.  I don't live anywhere near Boston but occasionally I watch these 2 and I must say its amazing what passes for entertainment in Boston.  I absolutely hate Felger.  I think I hate him more than Stephen A Smith.

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2017, 11:07:52 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
These two buffoons said they should fire Belichick and trade Brady after getting blown out 41-14 to KC that Monday night a few years ago...

2.5 years and 2 Super Bowls later..  ::)

But seriously, "hey should they trade the next Popovich and a Top-3 coach in the league for a 2nd round pick"?? IDIOTIC. I'm glad Wyc blasted them.
This brings me to my idiotic point.....without getting Duncan in the lottery Pops would have been just another guy.

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2017, 11:20:42 AM »

Offline Real World

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
Those two are insufferable.  Sadly, they really don't know sports.  They are two sensationalist morons who's shtick is geared toward the national enquirer listener.   I remember them ripping Danny Ainge after  the trade deadline last season Garnett and Pierce were on the team.  He kept sarcastically saying "trader danny...blah, blah,blah", and insisting that trading them for something was better than doing nothing.  Of course, that offseason DA traded the pair to the Nets for what would become 3 lottery picks, and a spearhead to an incredible rebuild that has the team at the top of the league, and set up for years to come.  Those two, Felger and Mazz, are morons.

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2017, 12:24:26 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Felger & Mazz (mostly Felger) were the same morons who, just one day after Halladay's death, mocked him for being stupid out there and said "he deserved it". JUST ONE DAY AFTER IT HAPPENED (not even 24 hours)  >:(  >:(  >:(

Even if Halladay was reckless that day and it caused his death, I'm sorry but you don't mock it and make a joke about it for much of the show (which lasts hours). Especially just a day later when not everything was released yet (true cause of crash, etc.).

And unfortunately, it painted a bad picture about Boston because these two idiots found themselves on national media that day as well...  >:(
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2017, 12:37:50 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I guess I'm such a troll I sorta like Felger but really dislike Maz. I think Felger and Holley would be the best radio show. Personally I'm not a fan of radio or TV personalities that are afraid to criticize something and are complete total homers where the team can do no wrong.

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2017, 01:58:15 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
Felger & Mazz are a disgrace to the city. It amazes me that there are fans who listen to that pollution every day.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.