Author Topic: * I need everyone's help! 1st time going to Boston in April *  (Read 19405 times)

Re: * I need everyone's help! 1st time going to Boston in April *
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2017, 07:51:23 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2017, 09:24:56 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Museum of Fine Arts and Isabelle Stewart Gardner Museum if you're looking for some art.

Really just walking around the commons, Charles street,backbay Kenmore...

I'm with Redz.  About the only thing I really like to do in Boston is walk the Commons / Public Gardens, Charles St., Back Bay and North End.  Walk from there down to Newbury and Boylston Streets -- stores that real humans can't afford, but interesting.  Hopefully you get nice weather.

The Boston Public Library on Boylston is an interesting take (tourists walk through it all day) -- just down the road from the Commons.   Theater district is nearby too.

North end has lots of great Italian food, though I'm not in town enough in recent years to recommend anything specific.    Near The Garden.

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2017, 09:37:48 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
Freedom Trail tour, which links all the historic sites from the Revolutionary War. Don't pay for a tour; the National Park Service runs them for free.

Mike

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2017, 11:09:27 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Freedom Trail tour, which links all the historic sites from the Revolutionary War. Don't pay for a tour; the National Park Service runs them for free.

Mike
Oh yeah. I forgot about Bunker Hill and Old Ironsides. Right next to each other.

One reason I started doing more of these things in the past is because the TV broadcasts frequently show these things in between the commercials.

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2017, 11:39:35 AM »

Offline Section 87

• NCE
  • Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 56
walk the Commons / Public Gardens, Charles St., Back Bay and North End.  Walk from there down to Newbury and Boylston Streets -- stores that real humans can't afford, but interesting.
Despite the errors of out-of-towners, the Boston Common is singular (not the "commons"), and the Public Garden is singular (not the "gardens"). Avoid the phony plural.