Author Topic: What do you guys think about Marcus Morris's post-game comments?  (Read 6782 times)

Re: What do you guys think about Marcus Morris's post-game comments?
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2017, 03:37:10 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
He does not want to ASK to be THE bench guy .   He is smart , saying Im willing to work and earn a starting spot as much as I can.   He is saying he wants to earn the right to start or at least have a chance ....not just be passive and give up .

This is a good sign.....one he is feeling better, has confidence and wants to prove he is a starter .......all good things for the Celtics .....he wants to play and conteibute at the highest level , nothing wrong there.   

I would be the same ,   not willing to conceed a starting spot ,   I d want to prove I could keep it.

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2017, 03:49:52 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
He wil be a part time starter-part time 6th man this year. He's lucky, if Hayward hadn't gotten injured he would have been 6th to 8th on the depth chart.

He needs to do what he is doing. Give the team that 13-17 PPG at a decent efficiency, rebound and play tough defense. Do that for the next two years and he will get a really big contract down the road.

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2017, 03:56:40 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
In any profession, you have to be extremely confident in your skills.  I think if he constructively stated those facts, I would be 100% percent on his side regarding his platform about being a reserve (coming off the bench). 
However, when the reporter asked about his "reserve" role against the Sixers, he said, "no comment".  When asked about the Celtics' history of the "6th" man, he said, "no comment".
He sounds selfish because the team is having success.  In fact, he didn't even play in most of their wins.  How many championships has Marcus Morris won? Furthermore, how many winning teams has he played on during his career?  I like him as a NBA athlete, and think he can really help this team.  However, I'm concerned about this "me" attitude.  Hopefully his comments won't affect coach Stevens' decision to start Baynes or Theis.  The teams just plays better when the latter players play more significant minutes.
Exactly as many as everyone on this team not named Kyrie Irving...
aron baynes and horford have won championships

Not fair for the rest of the team that are on rookie contracts 

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2017, 04:11:30 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
This probably won’t be the last time we have a thread about the behavior or words from Morris.

LOL!  Just check Phoenix Suns blogs from a couple of years ago.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2017, 04:42:06 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1673
No issue with his (lack of) response.

If he’d rather start, he’s allowed that opinion and I don’t require him to lie about it.  As long as he gives 100% and doesn’t cause problems - and all evidence suggests that both statements are true - then there’s no story here.

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2017, 04:44:55 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
In any profession, you have to be extremely confident in your skills.  I think if he constructively stated those facts, I would be 100% percent on his side regarding his platform about being a reserve (coming off the bench). 
However, when the reporter asked about his "reserve" role against the Sixers, he said, "no comment".  When asked about the Celtics' history of the "6th" man, he said, "no comment".
He sounds selfish because the team is having success.  In fact, he didn't even play in most of their wins.  How many championships has Marcus Morris won? Furthermore, how many winning teams has he played on during his career?  I like him as a NBA athlete, and think he can really help this team.  However, I'm concerned about this "me" attitude.  Hopefully his comments won't affect coach Stevens' decision to start Baynes or Theis.  The teams just plays better when the latter players play more significant minutes.

Must have hibernated during the year when ATL won the NBA title...

Also, Baynes won a championship while on his rookie contract so... not sure how that's unfair ;)
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2017, 04:47:26 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2003
Like most here, I ain't worried about it.

If he actually begins to gripe about not being a starter, then we have a problem.  But I'll trust that Brad and co. will handle that in the best way possible.

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2017, 04:59:49 PM »

Offline CelticD

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
I can't believe some players still don't embrace the 6th man role. My only concern would be minutes. I wouldn't care if I started or not.

This past game was the most playing time he had all season starting or otherwise so what does it matter if he has a 6th man role. He's holding down the younger players, and becoming the focal point of the offense. What's the issue.

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2017, 05:14:24 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
I don't care very much about grading the relative selfishness of post game comments.

His game is selfish, and he isn't anything special as a player. As a starter, his ball stopping ISO game is nearly useless. He is passable as a bench scorer, but he does absolutely nothing that helps his teammates in any way even off the bench. Given his game/style of play, I don't see him having much success against playoff defense.

Waiting for the inevitable Ainge pump-and-dump after Brad makes him look like more than he is for a while.

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2017, 05:19:29 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
“Next question” makes guys look like Terrell Owens, I.e., an idiot. 

A “I’m just focused on the team and contributing to wins” works just fine.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2017, 05:27:00 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
“Next question” makes guys look like Terrell Owens, I.e., an idiot. 

A “I’m just focused on the team and contributing to wins” works just fine.
****. Exactly. Sometimes it’s best not to be honest.

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2017, 06:27:35 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

Also, Baynes won a championship while on his rookie contract so... not sure how that's unfair ;)

Think he was referring to the two Florida national championships Horford won with Noah.

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2017, 06:32:42 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Think he was referring to the two Florida national championships Horford won with Noah.
Yeah. Let's count Theis' three Bundesliga titles then as well.  ::) ::) ::)
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2017, 06:46:01 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
I love how these guys who have barely done shot in the league all of a sudden want to be a starter

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2017, 07:24:41 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
I get it. It's not the Celtics culture.

But this culture is changing rapidly. We've long moved on from the Pierce/Garnett/Rondo era to an era of Brad Stevens featuring Kyrie/Hayward/Horford/Tatum/Brown and the young boys.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)