Author Topic: What do you guys think about Marcus Morris's post-game comments?  (Read 6781 times)

What do you guys think about Marcus Morris's post-game comments?
« on: December 01, 2017, 12:57:29 PM »

Offline jackpercussion

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 14
In any profession, you have to be extremely confident in your skills.  I think if he constructively stated those facts, I would be 100% percent on his side regarding his platform about being a reserve (coming off the bench). 
However, when the reporter asked about his "reserve" role against the Sixers, he said, "no comment".  When asked about the Celtics' history of the "6th" man, he said, "no comment".
He sounds selfish because the team is having success.  In fact, he didn't even play in most of their wins.  How many championships has Marcus Morris won?  Furthermore, how many winning teams has he played on during his career?  I like him as a NBA athlete, and think he can really help this team.  However, I'm concerned about this "me" attitude.  Hopefully his comments won't affect coach Stevens' decision to start Baynes or Theis.  The teams just plays better when the latter players play more significant minutes.

Re: What do you guys think about Marcus Morris's post-game comments?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 01:09:23 PM »

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
I Saw the same thing.. I Wanted to be mad at him when I read the headline but after watching the complete interview I just took it as a prideful guy who was honest..  The rest of the interview was pretty good, saying the right thing about other guys on the team having it going and he having to pick his spots..

The "no comments" was just a pride thing.. Thats all.. Cant hate a guy for being honest to a question that is asked.

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 01:22:20 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Highly concerning. Imagine if it was a rookie who said that. Does the rookie get a pass for it? No we’d be mad. Why does Morris get a pass

What’s there not to comment about? We’re the #1 team in the league and a lot of that has to do with our coaching and lineups decisions. How do you not have a comment? He should have said “ I’ll just play whatever coach wants me to play. Our record is proving its working.” Something like that.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 01:28:51 PM by CelticsElite »

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 01:30:17 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Highly concerning. Imagine if it was a rookie who said that. Does the rookie get a pass for it? No we’d be mad. Why does Morris get a pass

He gets a pass because he's not a rookie. When your a vet in this league the bench is the first step to the retirement home. Morris has his next contract to think of, and on his last team he was the unquestioned starter.

He never asked to be traded here and needs to continue the positive momentum he's been building since practically falling out of the league in Phoenix and Houston. I want him to be our 6th man but I've got no qualms about him wanting to start.

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2017, 01:41:16 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
Keep in mind that he didn't bring up the issue, he just didn't necessarily enjoy being asked about it on camera.

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2017, 01:52:07 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
I was not a fan of Morris before he joined.
I would appreciate team first type of response.
What are the chances of him staying here next year...

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2017, 02:01:08 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice

He gets a pass because he's not a rookie. When your a vet in this league the bench is the first step to the retirement home. Morris has his next contract to think of, and on his last team he was the unquestioned starter.

He never asked to be traded here and needs to continue the positive momentum he's been building since practically falling out of the league in Phoenix and Houston. I want him to be our 6th man but I've got no qualms about him wanting to start.

Tell that Jamal Crawford and Jason Terry.

Being efficient off the bench mans you can often feast on other bench players who likely aren't on your level.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2017, 02:03:30 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
In any profession, you have to be extremely confident in your skills.  I think if he constructively stated those facts, I would be 100% percent on his side regarding his platform about being a reserve (coming off the bench). 
However, when the reporter asked about his "reserve" role against the Sixers, he said, "no comment".  When asked about the Celtics' history of the "6th" man, he said, "no comment".
He sounds selfish because the team is having success.  In fact, he didn't even play in most of their wins.  How many championships has Marcus Morris won? Furthermore, how many winning teams has he played on during his career?  I like him as a NBA athlete, and think he can really help this team.  However, I'm concerned about this "me" attitude.  Hopefully his comments won't affect coach Stevens' decision to start Baynes or Theis.  The teams just plays better when the latter players play more significant minutes.
Exactly as many as everyone on this team not named Kyrie Irving...
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2017, 02:04:50 PM »

Offline outflip50

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11

I would say pretty good as he as under contract for 5.3 million

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2017, 02:07:04 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
non-issue until he brings it up on his own without being asked by a reporter.

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2017, 02:17:49 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437

I would say pretty good as he as under contract for 5.3 million
My bad, I thought this was the last year on his contract .

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2017, 02:23:45 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
He sounds selfish because the team is having success.  In fact, he didn't even play in most of their wins.  How many championships has Marcus Morris won? Furthermore, how many winning teams has he played on during his career?  I like him as a NBA athlete, and think he can really help this team.  However, I'm concerned about this "me" attitude.  Hopefully his comments won't affect coach Stevens' decision to start Baynes or Theis.  The teams just plays better when the latter players play more significant minutes.

*Aron Baynes scowls*

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2017, 02:32:14 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
This probably won’t be the last time we have a thread about the behavior or words from Morris.

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2017, 02:36:29 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

*Aron Baynes scowls*
Oops  :-[ :-[ :-[
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2017, 02:52:04 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
 ::) ::) ::)

Nothing to see here. A guy can come off the bench and not like it. He is swallowing his pride to do it.

As long as he is trying to have a good attitude about it, which is did show last night, then everything is fine.

I don't see the problem here. Great teams (even non-sports teams) are filled with people who do things they may not want to do, and struggle doing it, for the greater good and because their boss tells them to.