Author Topic: 2018 World Cup  (Read 67049 times)

Re: 2018 World Cup
« Reply #150 on: June 23, 2018, 03:57:37 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Kroos WHAT A STRIKE what a goal.

« Reply #151 on: June 23, 2018, 03:59:40 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
That second half was way better. What a hero ball by Kroos.

One good half is not enough, though. They'll have to deliver against S. Korea, now.

Here's hoping they finally found their groove.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #152 on: June 23, 2018, 04:00:37 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
WOW WHAT A GOAL AND WHAT A COMEBACK BY GERMANY!!!

EVEN AFTER BOATENG WENT OUT AND THEY ONLY PLAYED WITH 10 MEN!!

:o

I don't know his name, but that bearded substitute for SWE really blew it for them late. Dumb foul that close to the goal and GER made them pay.

Refs did screw Sweden in the 1st half BUT Sweden played way too conservative the 2nd half. GER deserved to win honestly with that 2nd half extraordinary fightback
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #153 on: June 23, 2018, 04:03:22 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
Its time to start thinking tie-breakers in this group. What are the tie breakers if Germany Mexico and Sweden end up with 6 points each.

« Reply #154 on: June 23, 2018, 04:04:46 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Classic Germany... I was sure the will score a second. That's what they do (well that and cars)

The final day can be very exciting ending with 3 teams tied with 6points. Even Mexico isn't safe now

« Reply #155 on: June 23, 2018, 04:05:53 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

I don't know his name, but that bearded substitute for SWE really blew it for them late. Dumb foul that close to the goal and GER made them pay.

Refs did screw Sweden in the 1st half BUT Sweden played way too conservative the 2nd half. GER deserved to win honestly with that 2nd half extraordinary fightback

Sweden was conservative all game. All teams that play Germany are conservative even Mexico was conservative.

« Reply #156 on: June 23, 2018, 04:08:13 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
am I the only one that wasnt that concerned with Boateng going out. Germany has made so many miraculous wins down men in the world cup.

« Reply #157 on: June 23, 2018, 04:15:39 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
No... I think everyone deep inside new that Germany will somehow score

IMHO they are now a lock to qualify

« Reply #158 on: June 23, 2018, 04:16:14 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
That Germany win makes it more interesting for Mexico - Sweden now.

The fact that Mexico has been impressive and can still be eliminated makes this so much fun. And Germany can still go out if South Korea gets a result.

This Group is fun.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #159 on: June 23, 2018, 04:16:38 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

Sweden was conservative all game. All teams that play Germany are conservative even Mexico was conservative.

True but I felt Sweden needed to push it back a little. For the last 20 minutes they literally let GER enter their box frequently. Even Mexico at times did a great job keeping it out and forcing them more to midfield. Their goalie was exceptional but that final goal was insane (hard to stop)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #160 on: June 24, 2018, 05:00:02 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
wrong post

« Reply #161 on: June 24, 2018, 06:18:55 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I can't understand how anyone who watched the match yesterday can give South Korea any chance against Germany. The players are not technically sound and have rather low football IQ, which leads to South Korea blowing every single chance they have when they get them, unless it's Ki or Son. I just don't see how can they score to keep level with Germany, who I assume will at least score one or two goals.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #162 on: June 24, 2018, 08:46:21 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
I can't understand how anyone who watched the match yesterday can give South Korea any chance against Germany. The players are not technically sound and have rather low football IQ, which leads to South Korea blowing every single chance they have when they get them, unless it's Ki or Son. I just don't see how can they score to keep level with Germany, who I assume will at least score one or two goals.

Germany is already in the next phase. There is absolutely no way they don't get the 3 points against Korea.

England is killing Panama... 5 0 halftime.... Lingaard scored a beauty. I don't know why the panamesians (??)are complaining since the first minute of the game

« Reply #163 on: June 24, 2018, 09:25:05 AM »

Offline TheisTheisBaby

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32

Germany is already in the next phase. There is absolutely no way they don't get the 3 points against Korea.

England is killing Panama... 5 0 halftime.... Lingaard scored a beauty. I don't know why the panamesians (??)are complaining since the first minute of the game

They're overmatched, getting embarrassed, and in all of my years the South American teams are always the kinds of teams who love to be physical with you but the minute you hit them back or the ref calls them for it, they wilt.

« Reply #164 on: June 24, 2018, 09:32:57 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Every time I see that World Cup logo I think of ET on LSD.

Just ugly as sin.