Author Topic: Guilty Pleasure: Cavs fans crying over Nets pick  (Read 19765 times)

Re: Guilty Pleasure: Cavs fans crying over Nets pick
« Reply #75 on: December 09, 2017, 03:00:48 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
That cavs forum thread is highly entertaining. There's new posts panicking on an hourly basis

"First it was as long as this is a top 3 pick it will be good.

Then it was as long as this pick was a top 5 things are gravy.

Then 5-7 would be good

Now I see people people will be happy in the 7-10 range.

Seems like people are going to talk themselves into wherever this pick lands. This is not a very good trend. By the end of the month I expect to see as long as it's in the 10-13 range.

This was obviously the best deal available and I get why they would think this would be a high pick but as of right now we're getting screwed."

« Reply #76 on: December 09, 2017, 03:29:19 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
That cavs forum thread is highly entertaining. There's new posts panicking on an hourly basis

Then 5-7 would be good

Seems like people are going to talk themselves into wherever this pick lands. This is not a very good trend. By the end of the month I expect to see as long as it's in the 10-13 range.

This was obviously the best deal available and I get why they would think this would be a high pick but as of right now we're getting screwed."
Nice.

For me, if the pick lands outside the top 5 I will be happy. I feel pretty confident at least 4 teams will finish below the Nets and I wouldn't be surprised to see the pick wind up 9th if things all break the right way.

Of course, this being the Cavs, the Nets will have the 9th worst record and get the #1 pick anyway.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #77 on: December 09, 2017, 04:27:36 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
"OH GOD ANYTHING BUT THAT. I already can't stand Danny Ainge. A decade of Celtics dominance in the East would be the worst possible scenario for LeBron's twilight.
Would certainly add more salt in the wound.

Couldn't pry away Tatum or Brown and then they traded us the lesser pick.

Thats why I root for the Lakers this year:chuckle:

Bagley or Ayton + Tatum, Brown and Kyrie? Scary for the years to come.

Lets hope the Nets start to fall off though"

« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2017, 04:34:18 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
The best part is they are dreaming they "can" trade the pick and LBJ will stay to compete 2~3years
Gilbert will NOT trade that pick unless Lebron claim to stay and he will NOT, so no trade and  Lebron will leave, the beauty of strategy by Danny

« Reply #79 on: December 09, 2017, 04:37:31 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
The best part is they are dreaming they "can" trade the pick and LBJ will stay to compete 2~3years
Gilbert will NOT trade that pick unless Lebron claim to stay and he will NOT, so no trade and  Lebron will leave, the beauty of strategy by Danny
haha

Also I've seen some of them want to trade it for steven adams, paul george, etc. they think other trams aren't aware that the nets are better than before lol

« Reply #80 on: December 09, 2017, 04:40:07 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
haha

Also I've seen some of them want to trade it for steven adams, paul george, etc. they think other trams aren't aware that the nets are better than before lol

Most of the rumored guys probably won't even be available LOL.

Like if OKC figures it out in the coming months, no chance of Adams/George. Pelicans aren't trading Cousins. DeAndre Jordan may be an option but he's not threading the needle at all lol (esp. at expense of Tristan and Nets Pick). Already missed out on Bledsoe (who would have really helped them IMO).
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #81 on: December 09, 2017, 04:43:17 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
"OH GOD ANYTHING BUT THAT. I already can't stand Danny Ainge. A decade of Celtics dominance in the East would be the worst possible scenario for LeBron's twilight.
Would certainly add more salt in the wound.

Couldn't pry away Tatum or Brown and then they traded us the lesser pick.

Thats why I root for the Lakers this year:chuckle:

Bagley or Ayton + Tatum, Brown and Kyrie? Scary for the years to come.

Lets hope the Nets start to fall off though"
They do know that the Lakers pick will convey as the Sacramento pick next season, right?  ::)
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #82 on: December 09, 2017, 06:27:52 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

Then 5-7 would be good

Keep up the updates. I'm loving it. TP

« Reply #83 on: December 12, 2017, 09:07:15 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740
i hope the nets don't trade Dinwiddie but I fear they will, he's been great for them

« Reply #84 on: December 12, 2017, 10:42:13 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Now they're bickering. Some are furious

"Every time they win, you have a long explanation as to why it happened because it allows you to hold on to your original premise that they are one of the worst teams in the nba. Bottom line is they are playing without two major pieces and still competive right now.

We all thought they were going to be horrible. We were wrong, they are just below average. Some of us have just come to terms with what is actually happening, not what we want to happen"

"You guys need to stop coming up with excuses on why the Nets win. Someone is playing, someone is not, someone is having a career year. It's time to admit the Nets aren't as bad as we needed them to be and if Isiah doesn't come back close to the player he was last year then we got Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ed in the Kyrie trade. They have a good coach and they play hard, two things that the teams worse than them don't have in some cases. Keep the pick and expect it to be in the 10-15 range, don't raise your expectations."

« Reply #85 on: December 12, 2017, 11:21:19 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

"Every time they win, you have a long explanation as to why it happened because it allows you to hold on to your original premise that they are one of the worst teams in the nba. Bottom line is they are playing without two major pieces and still competive right now.

We all thought they were going to be horrible. We were wrong, they are just below average. Some of us have just come to terms with what is actually happening, not what we want to happen"

"You guys need to stop coming up with excuses on why the Nets win. Someone is playing, someone is not, someone is having a career year. It's time to admit the Nets aren't as bad as we needed them to be and if Isiah doesn't come back close to the player he was last year then we got ****ed in the Kyrie trade. They have a good coach and they play hard, two things that the teams worse than them don't have in some cases. Keep the pick and expect it to be in the 10-15 range, don't raise your expectations."

Nets are two games out of the playoffs right now. They are definitely playing significantly better than Orlando right now. I forget who was saying they would win 35 games

« Reply #86 on: December 13, 2017, 12:53:24 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

"You guys need to stop coming up with excuses on why the Nets win. Someone is playing, someone is not, someone is having a career year. It's time to admit the Nets aren't as bad as we needed them to be and if Isiah doesn't come back close to the player he was last year then we got ****ed in the Kyrie trade. They have a good coach and they play hard, two things that the teams worse than them don't have in some cases. Keep the pick and expect it to be in the 10-15 range, don't raise your expectations."
It's so beautiful!
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #87 on: December 13, 2017, 01:01:56 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

It's so beautiful!

I do agree with the posters there about how ridiculous some people are talking about how lucky the Nets have been every game. The Nets are in every game and their point differential shows they are right about where they should be. It would be amazing if they actually made a small trade to compete for the 8th spot. Interestingly I don't think Okafor got off the bench for them last night.

« Reply #88 on: December 13, 2017, 01:10:16 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
There’s one guy who keeps claiming other teams are injured when the nets play them and that’s why they win. Nice job ignoring the season ending Lin injury, the bad Russell injury, and the many other nets injuries They had

« Reply #89 on: December 31, 2017, 02:09:04 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Got to see this thread tomorrow. I wouldn't be as upset as normal if we lose