Author Topic: Hack a simmons  (Read 1136 times)

Hack a simmons
« on: November 30, 2017, 02:06:52 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
The Wizards sent him to the foul line 24 times in 4th quarter,Simmons made 12 and shot 15 for 29 full game from foul line.The Wizards losing by double digits  got back in the game-
The guy shoot a fraction over 50% and had been shooting at 57% for the season the gloves are coming off
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 02:20:02 PM by rollie mass »

Re: Hack a simmons
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 02:22:38 PM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
The Wizards sent him to the foul line 24 times in 4th quarter,Simmons made 12 and shot 15 for 29 full game from foul line.The Wizards losing by double digits  got back in the game-
The guy shoot a fraction over 50% and had been shooting at 57% for the season the gloves are coming off

Nice observation Rollie

I wonder if other teams will do this to him? Could really get inside his head. I kinda  feel sorry for him.
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 02:46:46 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Just hack him every time he drives inside.

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 02:55:32 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
at the rate Jaylen shoots FTs (or several others based on recent performance), don't be surprised if that becomes a strategy against the C's.

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 03:03:39 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
unwatchable basketball.  Simmons should learn the potty shot.  He will make them at a much higher rate.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2017, 03:20:54 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
This is the type of flaw the really gets exposed in playoffs when two equal teams are in close games.With his inability to shoot from outside and in a seven game series the better coaches will find a way to exploit any weakness
.Simmons is now built and is two years older than Tatum but Tatum is shooting from three what Simmons shoots from the foul line.Tatum is an 80% foul shooter and loves the big moment, as we witnessed last week as he calmly hit two foul shots in the closing minutes.
In closing minutes you play Simmons to go left overplaying forcing him right he is a weak in mid range and has to unload the ball .In closing seconds and up 3 you don't even have to guard him with any fear of his three-he shot a total of three in college made 1.He has probably shot 4/5 and made either zero or one in NBA
With no Embid tonight be an interesting match up for Simmons.
Wonder if Okafor gets some run.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 04:28:21 PM by rollie mass »

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2017, 03:43:28 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
Hey! Maybe someone can help me out-I know some Celtics are having problems lately but what is going on with players having broken broken shots,and abysmal at the foul line.How did they get this far playing at the levels  from youth.
Drummond may change the landscape of Eastern Conference with his now 61% shooting.
There have been times that i have wondered if playing physical defense and adrenaline levels interfere with foul shooting -Marcus  and Jaylen but Marcus has really worked on it.