Author Topic: Lebron's next team  (Read 3151 times)

Lebron's next team
« on: November 30, 2017, 11:25:26 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
I can see how Lebron would want to leave CLE. I don't agree that he is a lock to go to the Lakers. I actually don't think that they currently have the talent to couple with Lebron. They would most likely have to pull a Miami-like roster turnover, and even more so, as Miami had Wade on the roster.

I think these are better fits:

-LAC
-SAS
-WASH
-DEN
-NYK
-DET
-PHI

I'm not saying that Lebron wants to go to these places- I just think that they currently are better positioned to win than LAL.

I think its feasible that Lebron leaves for the Lakers and they too are unable to win multiple championships.

Re: Lebron's next team
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 11:30:16 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I can see how Lebron would want to leave CLE. I don't agree that he is a lock to go to the Lakers. I actually don't think that they currently have the talent to couple with Lebron. They would most likely have to pull a Miami-like roster turnover, and even more so, as Miami had Wade on the roster.

-LAC
-SAS
-WASH
-DEN
-NYK
-DET
-PHI

I'm not saying that Lebron wants to go to these places- I just think that they currently are better positioned to win than LAL.

I think its feasible that Lebron leaves for the Lakers and they too are unable to win multiple championships.
Should add Boston as a team that's a better fit and far better positioned to win than LAL.

not saying the C's could or should shed the salary/players necessary to sign Lebron to the max deal he'd be looking for but if he'd rather win a title and would be willing to play for the MLE, Boston's his best shot outside of GSW.

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 11:33:34 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff

-LAC
-SAS
-WASH
-DEN
-NYK
-DET
-PHI

Should add Boston as a team that's a better fit and far better positioned to win than LAL.

not saying the C's could or should shed the salary/players necessary to sign Lebron to the max deal he'd be looking for but if he'd rather win a title and would be willing to play for the MLE, Boston's his best shot outside of GSW.

I would agree if the Celtics didn't have Kyrie and three other small forwards as their core. If I could, I would take out a loan for a $1m and bet that Lebron never signs with the Celtics.

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 11:41:59 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

-LAC
-SAS
-WASH
-DEN
-NYK
-DET
-PHI

I would agree if the Celtics didn't have Kyrie and three other small forwards as their core. If I could, I would take out a loan for a $1m and bet that Lebron never signs with the Celtics.
oh I agree he's not coming here, if for no other reason he's not going to sign for the MLE, but there's the Kyrie factor as well. 

the other SFs on the roster wouldn't matter.   Lebron's still the best player in the game.  no one on our roster would possibly justify bringing Lebron off the bench which is the biggest reason roster depth would matter to a free agent.  Besides, Bron could slide to PF easily in a small-ball matchup.

But, back to your initial point, if Lebron left Cleveland to chase another ring, the C's do have the best roster for him to get that ring as well as playing in the East where, now with the C's having Lebron instead of having to go through Lebron, would be a mortal lock to get to the finals and provide GSW with all they could handle in a Finals matchup. 

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 11:56:32 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
I don't think he'd go there or that they could reasonably make room, but Milwaukee would be a very interesting team.  Imagine him and Giannis together.  They would be unguardable.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2017, 12:33:03 PM »

Offline diconzo

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 85

-LAC
-SAS
-WASH
-DEN
-NYK
-DET
-PHI

Careful with that bet, even Shaq was a Celtic once  ;)

(But in all seriousness, I sincerely hope I never have to witness Bron in Celtic Green)

I could see LAC being a target, would have to get rid of Gallo+DJ as most likely Lebron will be bringing someone with him (as he always does)

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2017, 12:48:53 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
I don't think he'd go there or that they could reasonably make room, but Milwaukee would be a very interesting team.  Imagine him and Giannis together.  They would be unguardable.

I really think everyone is putting too much emphasis on cap space. If we contracted out Saltlover I am sure he could find a way that at least 25 teams in the league could clear out capspace for Lebron if they needed to. Middleton is on a really reasonable contract that will probably becoming an expiring deal (He has a player option). Do you think they couldn't trade him at the trade deadline for an expiring deal quite easily? Telatovic and Snell represent 20 million in expiring next year. Attaching a first round pick to those guys (or thon maker) doesn't mean a team with space would bite? Couldn't Parker be moved pretty easily for an expiring? Heck shouldn't the Cavs trade Frye for Delladova right now?

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2017, 03:02:41 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

I really think everyone is putting too much emphasis on cap space. If we contracted out Saltlover I am sure he could find a way that at least 25 teams in the league could clear out capspace for Lebron if they needed to. Middleton is on a really reasonable contract that will probably becoming an expiring deal (He has a player option). Do you think they couldn't trade him at the trade deadline for an expiring deal quite easily? Telatovic and Snell represent 20 million in expiring next year. Attaching a first round pick to those guys (or thon maker) doesn't mean a team with space would bite? Couldn't Parker be moved pretty easily for an expiring? Heck shouldn't the Cavs trade Frye for Delladova right now?
well sure they could trade all of their depth and give up all of their assets, but that wouldn't really serve the purpose of acquiring Lebron.  They are at 105 million without Parker next year right now and can't sign and trade for James, so they would have to cut a lot of salary to make room for 36 or 37 million that it would take to sign James.  There aren't that many teams that can absorb salary next summer, so they would have to make some of those moves preemptively, which would also effect their season this year (and thus make them less appealing to someone like James). 

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2017, 03:34:39 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff

well sure they could trade all of their depth and give up all of their assets, but that wouldn't really serve the purpose of acquiring Lebron.  They are at 105 million without Parker next year right now and can't sign and trade for James, so they would have to cut a lot of salary to make room for 36 or 37 million that it would take to sign James.  There aren't that many teams that can absorb salary next summer, so they would have to make some of those moves preemptively, which would also effect their season this year (and thus make them less appealing to someone like James).

Given that there are only about 3-4 contenders, I would imagine that 25+ teams would do whatever it takes to get Lebron. He immediately makes any team a contender. CLE is not a good team without him.

If you're not GS, SAS, BOS, or maybe HOU, you do anything you can to get Lebron. Anything.

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2017, 04:00:29 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

Given that there are only about 3-4 contenders, I would imagine that 25+ teams would do whatever it takes to get Lebron. He immediately makes any team a contender. CLE is not a good team without him.

If you're not GS, SAS, BOS, or maybe HOU, you do anything you can to get Lebron. Anything.
Yeah and a team with Giannis and Lebron and nobody else is a contender. Plus you have the Dwayne Wade, David West, Derrick Rose types that will sign there for cheap. Heck Carmelo Anthony would probably take a pretty cheap contract there himself, It really isn't as hard as you are making it out to be.

Were people saying Houston could easily take on Chris Paul's contract last season?

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2017, 04:21:29 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Yeah and a team with Giannis and Lebron and nobody else is a contender. Plus you have the Dwayne Wade, David West, Derrick Rose types that will sign there for cheap. Heck Carmelo Anthony would probably take a pretty cheap contract there himself, It really isn't as hard as you are making it out to be.

Were people saying Houston could easily take on Chris Paul's contract last season?
They have to dump close to 40 million in contracts though.  It will not be easy for them to do that, because there are only going to be so many teams that actually have the cap space to absorb contracts and even fewer that wouldn't want to use that space themselves.  Dumping 10 million or so, probably pretty easy with a 1st or two attached, dumping 35+ million, a whole different ball game.

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2017, 04:37:16 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Making money is primary objective.  Price to buy a NBA franchise has risen dramatic.   Lebron rich as he is , maybe losing ground in this quest.

LA offers him the opportunity to earn the most TV, endorsements.   business opportunity.......money and contact ps he ll need to forfill the dream. 

If he leaves.  the money he can earn over pure basketball contract in Cleveland will be the deciding factor.   lebron is losing money he could be earning in LA ....

He brought a championship to Cavs .   

I think ,  if he leaves its mostly business and TV money that will lead him out of Cleveland.

landing LA is his BIG payday.      My speculation. ......If Cleveland is not winning another championship , why stay give up millions that could be had in LA ....win or lose.

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2017, 06:10:20 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I'd say Warriors. He has plenty of $ already he can go chase rings like he wants.

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2017, 06:25:58 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550

Assuming Lebron wants 35% Max and there isn't an unexpectedly large jump in the cap, there's no way 25 teams can clear out that much cap space.  Teams could try to workout a sign and trade with the Cavs but they better have some serious assets to give up.  One question is the type of contact Lebron will want.  Can you even do a sign and trade with a 1+1? 

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2017, 06:49:31 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

Assuming Lebron wants 35% Max and there isn't an unexpectedly large jump in the cap, there's no way 25 teams can clear out that much cap space.  Teams could try to workout a sign and trade with the Cavs but they better have some serious assets to give up.  One question is the type of contact Lebron will want.  Can you even do a sign and trade with a 1+1?

Teams really have creative ways to clear cap space whether it is attaching first round picks or cheap young talent. Why couldn't the overwelming majority of teams in the league just attach their young players to bigger contracts and trade them to the 76ers or some other team under the cap? I don't feel like spending a ton of time researching this cause it is basically common sense. But say the suns are over the cap why can't they trade Booker and Chandler and perhaps other salary to the 76ers for a first round pick? Booker would be a dream fit there, why wouldn't they want him? They could either keep those guys as vets or just wave them. Sure not all these deals will make sense but it is obviously extremely possible.