Author Topic: Comparison is the thief of joy  (Read 2879 times)

Re: Comparison is the thief of joy
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2017, 02:51:28 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
The next game we play with Cleveland, the Celtics should try the over under that Lebron and Crowder ran on Hayward.

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2017, 03:17:21 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
https://sports.yahoo.com/kyrie-will-not-stand-lebron-nonsense-will-quote-teddy-roosevelt-214606466.html

To repeat myself, I love the color that Kyrie brings to the team. Who else randomly drops Teddy Roosevelt quotes?

Love the quote.

When will you be on board with the Kyrie trade?

As I’ve said a few times, I like Kyrie as a player. His defensive commitment has been a pleasant surprise. However, I think we paid too much. My opinion on that won’t change until we see how IT comes back and where the Nets pick lands.

So the trade itself shouldn't necessarily be enjoyed until we can compare Kyrie to IT and the BKN pick?

I think its clear that Danny was ready to move on from IT and Crowder. The evidence shows us that he could and wanted to build a team without them. To me, the trade was Kyrie for the BKN pick and Ante Zizic.

You can enjoy the trade all you want.

I’m enjoying the team. The trade itself is still up in the air.

Maybe you should read some of this to make you feel better:
http://realcavsfans.com/community/index.php?threads/welcome-2018-brooklyn-nets-1st-round-pick.48261/page-124

Love the quote: 'Yeah this pick is f*cked. F*ck you Kyrie and f*ck you Ainge. And f*ck you Brooklyn for waiting until this year to sign quality vet free agents.'

Looks like a lot of frustration in-game when the Nets are actually winning (or have won). They settle down a little bit during non-game times:

All I know is - IT better come in and help pick Crowder up off the floor, tear things up and turn the Cavs into a team that can truly threaten GS - because if not, the way this pick is trending we may have gotten completely worked over on the Kyrie trade. Still a lot of time to accurately judge the trade but early returns are concerning.

This shows frustration, but not to the extreme. Interestingly enough, a number of posters seem ready to trade the pick for players like Jordan, Gasol, unnamed Blazers players, etc. Most would love to bring in PG or Cousins, but are aware that those teams will likely make the playoffs.

On an unrelated note, their post to  'likes' (similar to our TPs) ratio is almost a 1:1 - they appear to be way less stingy with those things. Anyway, TP to Rody for showing us some Cavs frustration!  ;D

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2017, 04:04:58 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
https://sports.yahoo.com/kyrie-will-not-stand-lebron-nonsense-will-quote-teddy-roosevelt-214606466.html

To repeat myself, I love the color that Kyrie brings to the team. Who else randomly drops Teddy Roosevelt quotes?

Love the quote.

When will you be on board with the Kyrie trade?

As I’ve said a few times, I like Kyrie as a player. His defensive commitment has been a pleasant surprise. However, I think we paid too much. My opinion on that won’t change until we see how IT comes back and where the Nets pick lands.

So the trade itself shouldn't necessarily be enjoyed until we can compare Kyrie to IT and the BKN pick?

I think its clear that Danny was ready to move on from IT and Crowder. The evidence shows us that he could and wanted to build a team without them. To me, the trade was Kyrie for the BKN pick and Ante Zizic.

You can enjoy the trade all you want.

I’m enjoying the team. The trade itself is still up in the air.

Maybe you should read some of this to make you feel better:
http://realcavsfans.com/community/index.php?threads/welcome-2018-brooklyn-nets-1st-round-pick.48261/page-124

Love the quote: 'Yeah this pick is f*cked. F*ck you Kyrie and f*ck you Ainge. And f*ck you Brooklyn for waiting until this year to sign quality vet free agents.'

Looks like a lot of frustration in-game when the Nets are actually winning (or have won). They settle down a little bit during non-game times:

All I know is - IT better come in and help pick Crowder up off the floor, tear things up and turn the Cavs into a team that can truly threaten GS - because if not, the way this pick is trending we may have gotten completely worked over on the Kyrie trade. Still a lot of time to accurately judge the trade but early returns are concerning.

This shows frustration, but not to the extreme. Interestingly enough, a number of posters seem ready to trade the pick for players like Jordan, Gasol, unnamed Blazers players, etc. Most would love to bring in PG or Cousins, but are aware that those teams will likely make the playoffs.

On an unrelated note, their post to  'likes' (similar to our TPs) ratio is almost a 1:1 - they appear to be way less stingy with those things. Anyway, TP to Rody for showing us some Cavs frustration!  ;D

This is great stuff. Anyone that says the pick doesn't look a lot worse than it did at the time of the trade is being flat out delusional.

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2017, 07:52:09 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
My favorite quote was:

"All the other bad teams play like they don’t give a sh*t but BKN brings playoff effort every night. They have massive injuries and it makes no difference because they just try WAY harder

Trade the g#dd*mn pick tired of watching these dudes."

Maybe Red was right, Danny is lucky and that's the most important skill.