Author Topic: Comparison is the thief of joy  (Read 2854 times)

Comparison is the thief of joy
« on: November 30, 2017, 09:54:50 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
https://sports.yahoo.com/kyrie-will-not-stand-lebron-nonsense-will-quote-teddy-roosevelt-214606466.html

To repeat myself, I love the color that Kyrie brings to the team. Who else randomly drops Teddy Roosevelt quotes?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: Comparison is the thief of joy
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 10:12:09 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
He may not be open like IT, but most players aren't anyways and I often find something interesting or amusing that he says anyways.  To drop a Roosevelt quote was pretty great.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 10:14:52 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Sick PR team.  Next should be Man in the Arena. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 11:15:52 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
https://sports.yahoo.com/kyrie-will-not-stand-lebron-nonsense-will-quote-teddy-roosevelt-214606466.html

To repeat myself, I love the color that Kyrie brings to the team. Who else randomly drops Teddy Roosevelt quotes?

Love the quote.

When will you be on board with the Kyrie trade?

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 11:24:39 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Love the quote.

As I’ve said a few times, I like Kyrie as a player. His defensive commitment has been a pleasant surprise. However, I think we paid too much. My opinion on that won’t change until we see how IT comes back and where the Nets pick lands.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2017, 11:29:44 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
All I know is Teddy defends a hell of a lot better than Franklin.

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2017, 11:31:06 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff

Love the quote.

As I’ve said a few times, I like Kyrie as a player. His defensive commitment has been a pleasant surprise. However, I think we paid too much. My opinion on that won’t change until we see how IT comes back and where the Nets pick lands.

So the trade itself shouldn't necessarily be enjoyed until we can compare Kyrie to IT and the BKN pick?

I think its clear that Danny was ready to move on from IT and Crowder. The evidence shows us that he could and wanted to build a team without them. To me, the trade was Kyrie for the BKN pick and Ante Zizic.

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2017, 11:34:11 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Love the quote.

So the trade itself shouldn't necessarily be enjoyed until we can compare Kyrie to IT and the BKN pick?

I think its clear that Danny was ready to move on from IT and Crowder. The evidence shows us that he could and wanted to build a team without them. To me, the trade was Kyrie for the BKN pick and Ante Zizic.

You can enjoy the trade all you want.

I’m enjoying the team. The trade itself is still up in the air.

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2017, 11:46:32 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860

Love the quote.

According to ESPN's Brian Windhorst, the Cavaliers are hoping to get the veteran point guard back on the court by mid-December.

The report noted that Thomas, who hasn't played in a game since injuring his right hip in Game 2 of the Eastern Conference Finals last season, has started 3-on-3 work at practice.

I expect IT is going to come back and play very well.  Maybe not quite like last season but very well.  The Nets pick could luck into the top 3 but it is looking unlikely.  Picks (particularly individual picks) are inherently risky.  You don't know where the pick will land and the picking itself is a crap shoot for the most part.

I was fine with the trade from the start.  Yes, we did overpay or so it will seem when IT comes back and tears it up but it will seem less so when he goes off and signs somewhere else.  But in no way would I reverse this trade if I had the chance.  We are better now and better positioned for the future.

And Kyrie has been better than I thought, both on the court and as a leader.  His handling of these questions is another example.  IT carried us last season well beyond what I would have imagined.  Kyrie has made us even better (individually each player and as a team).
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 11:58:20 AM by Vermont Green »

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2017, 12:54:26 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Loved the quote when I heard it yesterday, TP for posting, Roy. Didn't realize it came from TR.

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2017, 01:02:01 PM »

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
If Kyrie can help us win the chip why does IT coming back and tearing up the league or the Bk Pick becoming the 1st overall pick even matter.  We have Our  2 young absolute Studs in Tatum and Brown. We have our prized Free Agents in Hayward - We have one of the best overall point guard / Closers in the game (possibly in the history of the game) and We have another potential Lottery pick as well.. 

Who cares about IT at this point. This team is better with KI. We got better. We were not backing up the Brinks truck for IT.. That is very apparent.. so really what does it matter.

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2017, 01:25:57 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
If Kyrie can help us win the chip why does IT coming back and tearing up the league or the Bk Pick becoming the 1st overall pick even matter.  We have Our  2 young absolute Studs in Tatum and Brown. We have our prized Free Agents in Hayward - We have one of the best overall point guard / Closers in the game (possibly in the history of the game) and We have another potential Lottery pick as well.. 

Who cares about IT at this point. This team is better with KI. We got better. We were not backing up the Brinks truck for IT.. That is very apparent.. so really what does it matter.

I think you just paraphrased my post quite well.  Another way to look at it is what exactly does "over paid" mean since we got better.  The Nets pick could be an Oden or a Tatum.  IT could average 30 pts or blow out his hip again after 20 games.  Zizic could be an all star in 5 years or never get off the bench.  I agree, none of that really matters.  All that risk is CLE's problem now, not ours.

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2017, 01:38:54 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

Love the quote.

Hobbs I said this in the Nets thread but it is a pretty interesting fact. The Nets already have 8 wins and their next 2 games are against Atlanta. They then have 7 out of 8 games at home. They should get to 10 wins sometime in the next week or so. They didn't win their 10th game last year until March. I don't think anyone in their wildest dreams would predict they would be this much more competitive this year (especially without Russell playing). This part of it has really changed my opinion on the trade (along with IT being more injured than I thought at time of trade). I hated it at the time and even made a thread asking people to talk me off the ledge. I now think there is a chance we completely ripped them off (also crowder looks awful and Zizic is showing nothing so far). 

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2017, 02:01:26 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

Love the quote.

You can enjoy the trade all you want.

I’m enjoying the team. The trade itself is still up in the air.

Maybe you should read some of this to make you feel better:
http://realcavsfans.com/community/index.php?threads/welcome-2018-brooklyn-nets-1st-round-pick.48261/page-124

Love the quote: 'Yeah this pick is f*cked. F*ck you Kyrie and f*ck you Ainge. And f*ck you Brooklyn for waiting until this year to sign quality vet free agents.'

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2017, 02:48:37 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff

I agree. The Celtics are better because of the trade. Kyrie is better than IT and in the NBA, 4 quarters do not equal a dollar. In fact, 6 quarters probably don't equal a dollar.

Love the quote!