Author Topic: Lamarcus Aldridge Has Been Terrific  (Read 851 times)

Lamarcus Aldridge Has Been Terrific
« on: November 30, 2017, 08:31:10 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Prior to the season, it was reported the Spurs were trying to trade him. Kawhi was one of the preseason favorites to win MVP. Aldridge didn't make the all star team last season for the first time in 5 years.

Now, without Kawhi at all, the Spurs are 14-7 and 3rd in the West. Aldridge had 41 points last night in a win over the Grizzlies. He's averaging 23 and 8 with an eFG% of .537 and he's playing solid defense.

You can chalk this up to "It's the Spurs. It's Popovich. It's the system," but if Kawhi got credit as an MVP candidate last season, I think Aldridge deserves credit for what he's doing this season. He's not an MVP candidate but he's been terrific and I don't think I've heard a single thing about him this year.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Re: Lamarcus Aldridge Has Been Terrific
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 08:41:51 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Kudos for beating Zach Lowe to this story. And well written. TP.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 09:12:12 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
I always thought the demise of Aldridge was written a bit prematurely.  He is a very good player still.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 09:44:37 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
I always thought the demise of Aldridge was written a bit prematurely.  He is a very good player still.

I agree. Reports over the summer also echoed this, as it seemed they tried to force Aldridge to adjust to whatever they were trying, but it didn't help.

But now Pop is letting him "be Aldridge" (letting him do his own thing) and it's working wonders.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 10:01:29 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

I agree. Reports over the summer also echoed this, as it seemed they tried to force Aldridge to adjust to whatever they were trying, but it didn't help.

But now Pop is letting him "be Aldridge" (letting him do his own thing) and it's working wonders.

I also think we need to point out the maturity of Lamarcus asking to sit down with Pop so they can try to figure it out. A lot has been made of his attitude in the past, but he's clearly grown.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2017, 10:25:52 AM »

Offline ZoneD

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12
I live in San Antonio and people are very happy with him so far. He's been a pleasant surprise. A lot of fans turned on him after his performance previous to this year so it's nice to see him getting credit when it's due.