Author Topic: Ingram looks like a star  (Read 4285 times)

Re: Ingram looks like a star
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2017, 11:55:48 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.fcgi?request=1&sum=0&player_id1_hint=Brandon+Ingram&player_id1_select=Brandon+Ingram&player_id1=ingrabr01&y1=2018&player_id2_hint=Jaylen+Brown&player_id2_select=Jaylen+Brown&player_id2=brownja02&y2=2018

Here is the comparison between the two this year. Brown is the better outside shooter, rebounder, defender. Ingram is the better passer, shot blocker and free throw shooter(though still a bad free throw shooter).

They have almost identical PPG.

Brown is clearly the much better defender.

The more advanced stats pretty much favor Brown everywhere.

Thanks Nick. I don't understand this thread. Ingram has been playing well but that doesn't have any impact on browns potential or the fact that Brown's numbers are better. Feels like an attempt to be a "told you thread" when there is nothing to tell
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 12:42:04 PM by celticsclay »

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2017, 10:51:06 AM »

Offline Real World

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
Let's also consider the fact that Ingram is putting up numbers on a bad team that is deep in the draft lottery this year, while Brown is starting on a team that's won the most games in the league.  i.e. his minutes are highly competitive, contested, and meaningful.

That being said, if someone wanted to argue that Ingram has the higher ceiling than Brown, it's fair.  Personally I'm just stoked that DA took Brown #3 overall despiite people like me not being sold on him.  Remember how let down we all felt when the Celtics got the #3 pick in an alleged 2 player draft.  Well, I think this Brown kid is pretty good no?  The future is bright. 

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2017, 11:19:56 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
As others have said, Jaylen is already an almost ELITE defender.  Ingram will NEVER EVER be CLOSE to an elite defender!!!  Imagine Ingram guarding Lebron well!!!!  You CANNOT!!!  Jaylen has done so on multiple occasions.

I would say that Brown is three times the defender as Ingram RIGHT NOW!!

And, Brown even has a higher PER, 13.9 to 12.7!!

What I don't understand is WHY neither can shoot FT's.  Brown at an abysmal 59% and Ingram at 66%.  Both have fairly decent outside shots, so I really don't get those low FT percentages.

Smitty77