Author Topic: Sixers (12-8) at Celtics (18-4) Game #23 11/30/17  (Read 35513 times)

Re: Sixers (12-8) at Celtics (18-4) Game #23 11/30/17
« Reply #435 on: November 30, 2017, 10:52:02 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Smart leads the team in +/-.

I am starting to think we need to match darn near whatever offer gets thrown at him

Not a problem. The big money will be gone before teams get to talking to a RFA like Smart.

Danny will ace this. With RFA's, the team holding match rights has so much power it's silly. Surprised the player's union hasn't negotiated it away.

Smart is probably not a star, but is one heck of an impact player. Tough to gauge value in the market for players like him. Danny will let the market work itself out.

« Reply #436 on: November 30, 2017, 11:43:01 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141

I am starting to think we need to match darn near whatever offer gets thrown at him

Not a problem. The big money will be gone before teams get to talking to a RFA like Smart.

Danny will ace this. With RFA's, the team holding match rights has so much power it's silly. Surprised the player's union hasn't negotiated it away.

Smart is probably not a star, but is one heck of an impact player. Tough to gauge value in the market for players like him. Danny will let the market work itself out.

I certainly hope you are right.

He does special things.

« Reply #437 on: December 01, 2017, 12:17:57 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

I certainly hope you are right.

He does special things.

It's not that surprising.  He does everything that guys either can't do, or don't want to do, to win basketball games.  He can be an elite support player for the starters in late-game situations and carry a lot of weight for the bench unit.  No need for him to be concerned about anything else -- Brad and mgmt praise him for who he is.  And championships don't happen without these glue guys.  That said, if he commands anything more than a value deal on the open market (see AB, Crowder), he will be dumped like the others before him.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #438 on: December 01, 2017, 01:05:19 AM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Jaylen's been out of it the past 2 games--I guess all that's happened has finally caught up with him---Yabs was playing some good defense, so Brad stuck with him in the 4th.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #439 on: December 01, 2017, 10:09:16 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550

one of the youngest rosters in the league

a team built for the future

that is ready to win now

C us rise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)
Modify message
LET'S GO CELTICS!