Author Topic: Hayward like a number one lottery pick next year  (Read 3829 times)

Re: Hayward like a number one lottery pick next year
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2017, 10:55:43 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Did not know this board was paint by numbers
"'Hayward return like a number one lottery pick" the beginning and the end.Just a bit of delayed gratification
 All gift wrapped with experience and in his prime and fully paid for.
By the way EDDIE 20 your posts i find rather serpentine.Almost stalking are you also a wannabe board moderator.Stop baiting.
-i think i know what the moderator wants a more specific body to the subject-where i thought the body would show the benefits and growth of our rookies and i should include Jaylen as more is expected of him.Playing time for a contender is a luxury and one thing we learned is it is not where your seeded
Hayward went down and a team was formed in a reaction-What does that say about character and coaching/management  and Celtics Pride
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 11:08:22 AM by rollie mass »

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2017, 10:59:43 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
I don't really care that much about the title- I think the post was optimistic enough to inspire confidence that the Celtics will continue to improve year over year over year. Very few contenders can state that they should be better next year.

TP Rollie.

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2017, 11:07:07 AM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
You keep being you, Rollie.  Tp

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2017, 11:16:54 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
What does the thread title have to do with your original post that's almost entirely about Tatum? Try to keep your thread titles relevant to your posts please.

It seems the playing time received by others and their growth is the only way to look at that injury and that getting him back will be adding a star.The loss,the compensation of playing time for rookies (Semi and Tatum) and Haywards return all seem covered while including questions.
Is there any other way to be positive about his injury.
Giving up that Nets pick and trading down will be soothed by return of Hayward.Therefore the title
So i view Tatums growth and success as a critical component of rationalizing Haywards loss of season.
Then to equate Hayward's return to a lottery pick in lieu of the trade of Nets pick and restrictions put on Lakers was just another way to massage his loss.
With Jayson getting the full benefit of Gordons injury and given his age isn't that a huge plus going forward.Also raises some questions on how high is ceiling.
Hopefully a healthy Gordon coming pack has more value than a number one pick and the total lack of time he played just raises the question how good we could have been or will be.
That's all said and good but next time tie that all into your post so that the post is about Hayward's return and how his absence may have helped the team.

Your thread title was about Hayward and your post was about Tatum. You can't do that. You can't make a thread title making people think its about Trump but discuss English politics. You can't make a thread title talking about Brad Stevens and just talk about Semi Ojeleye.

From now on keep thread titles pertinent to the subject in your posts.

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2017, 07:28:10 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I didn't think it would necessarily be beneficial at first for us to be a middling 40 win team with a shellshocked Jayson Tatum and teams stacking the box against Jaylen. Sometimes too much adversity can shatter confidence and stunt growth. Of course this team just blew the doors off my expectations with everyone rising to the occasion.

I now believe that Haywaard will be able to seemlessly insert his game into the rest of the big 5 whenever the time comes. On board with the notion that this will be remembered as the development year that layed the foundation for the dynasty.

Oh ye of little Faith.   Trust in Danny.  JK.   I think many were worried.   I figure Hayward will come back and I figured we would get to play the youth movement.   We 've been exposed as having a weak bench as a result but we are winning and have good D and rebounding.

Professional athletes usually believe in themselves much more than you or I.  It is part of what makes them great.

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2017, 08:06:11 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
That's fine.  But I'm still bummed that he is not on the team THIS year.

I'm not - in fact it might be better off for the Celtics. 

The huge growth from Tatum and Brown this year likely wouldn't have happened (or at the very least not as quickly, or to the same degree) if not for the increased role and their need to step up and learn quickly. 

By their rapid development combining with the return of Hayward, Boston will probably be better off next year for it.