Author Topic: Hayward like a number one lottery pick next year  (Read 3787 times)

Hayward like a number one lottery pick next year
« on: November 29, 2017, 02:04:51 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
The growth of Tatum this year is already huge as a starter-His consistency for a rookie and his defense has flourished in the first 20 games
Tatum,Horford, Kyrie with Hayward coming is a very smooth and gifted group.
Then Jaylen,Marcus,Rozier and aggressive young group on defense and the two tough guy vets baynes and morris.
I had to go look up Tatums age i thought he was 20 but he is 19 till late March .This 19 year old is playing against  Westbrook ,Hardin,Durant and Curry's of this league and shooting a notch under 50% from three, while scoring in mid range or attacking closeouts.He is not turnover prone, makes clutch shots and free throws blocks shots and rebounds. His length teamed with Jaylen and Horford is just disruptive.Jayson will have a full season and maybe a deep run into the playoffs before Hayward is back to 100%.
I tried to visualize and conceptualize what a summer of weight training and drills will translate to in terms of speed, lateral agility and vertical????
.Look how Simmons came back after a year
Tatum was highly trained by Hoops House and Hanlon last year directly related to tryouts
So what can a year in NBA and a summer training produce???

Re: Hayward like a number one lottery pick next year
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 05:41:03 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
That's fine.  But I'm still bummed that he is not on the team THIS year.

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 06:04:39 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Well your green glass is half full for sure!
A good way to think about the loss of one of our top 2/3 players.

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 06:26:50 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
What does the thread title have to do with your original post that's almost entirely about Tatum? Try to keep your thread titles relevant to your posts please.

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2017, 06:31:11 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Rachel Nichols was on the Lowe Post today and they were talking about the mental effect of being injured repeatedly and for long periods. Nichols mentioned that Brad Stevens called other coaches asking for advice on how to keep Hayward involved so he doesn't start feeling depressed while he can't play.

I hadn't heard that reported before that Stevens actually made calls asking for advice on the matter.

So far, the Celtics organization seemed to be handling Hayward as well as we could hope. If he can come back and be an all star next year this team will be a monster.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2017, 07:23:02 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Rachel Nichols was on the Lowe Post today and they were talking about the mental effect of being injured repeatedly and for long periods. Nichols mentioned that Brad Stevens called other coaches asking for advice on how to keep Hayward involved so he doesn't start feeling depressed while he can't play.

I hadn't heard that reported before that Stevens actually made calls asking for advice on the matter.

So far, the Celtics organization seemed to be handling Hayward as well as we could hope. If he can come back and be an all star next year this team will be a monster.

He specifically called Frank Vogel. It was reported on several outlets, I believe one being during the C's vs Pacers game.

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2017, 08:48:21 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501

He specifically called Frank Vogel. It was reported on several outlets, I believe one being during the C's vs Pacers game.
Have read or heard the Stevens/Vogel/Paul George story more than once.

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2017, 04:52:37 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
What does the thread title have to do with your original post that's almost entirely about Tatum? Try to keep your thread titles relevant to your posts please.

It seems the playing time received by others and their growth is the only way to look at that injury and that getting him back will be adding a star.The loss,the compensation of playing time for rookies (Semi and Tatum) and Haywards return all seem covered while including questions.
Is there any other way to be positive about his injury.
Giving up that Nets pick and trading down will be soothed by return of Hayward.Therefore the title
So i view Tatums growth and success as a critical component of rationalizing Haywards loss of season.
Then to equate Hayward's return to a lottery pick in lieu of the trade of Nets pick and restrictions put on Lakers was just another way to massage his loss.
With Jayson getting the full benefit of Gordons injury and given his age isn't that a huge plus going forward.Also raises some questions on how high is ceiling.
Hopefully a healthy Gordon coming pack has more value than a number one pick and the total lack of time he played just raises the question how good we could have been or will be.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 05:08:13 AM by rollie mass »

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2017, 06:07:17 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Always good to read your posts Rollie.

IMO Simmons is a different case than Hayward in that he could run, take part in practices etc. Hayward, at least for now, is more limited in what he can do, this is why PG is to my mind a better comparison.

Other than that I appreciate your optimism and hope GH comes back stronger than ever.

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2017, 06:24:56 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
The Simmons comparison was to weight and strength gain with respect to Tatums second year-
I agree that Simmons and Hayward are two different injuries in terms of rehab and staying in shape.
If this break and dislocation did little damage to ligaments ,my Doctor told me i would have been better off with a break than the severe ankle sprain i had.
Thanks greece for compliment

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2017, 07:07:06 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I told people it will make us stronger in the long run.   We could be top two starting five next year.

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2017, 07:46:55 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
I told people it will make us stronger in the long run.   We could be top two starting five next year.

I didn't think it would necessarily be beneficial at first for us to be a middling 40 win team with a shellshocked Jayson Tatum and teams stacking the box against Jaylen. Sometimes too much adversity can shatter confidence and stunt growth. Of course this team just blew the doors off my expectations with everyone rising to the occasion.

I now believe that Haywaard will be able to seemlessly insert his game into the rest of the big 5 whenever the time comes. On board with the notion that this will be remembered as the development year that layed the foundation for the dynasty.

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2017, 08:07:42 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

TP. I hadn't heard that before.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2017, 08:47:32 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
TP for a bearable thread title.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2017, 09:57:59 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

It seems the playing time received by others and their growth is the only way to look at that injury and that getting him back will be adding a star.The loss,the compensation of playing time for rookies (Semi and Tatum) and Haywards return all seem covered while including questions.
Is there any other way to be positive about his injury.
Giving up that Nets pick and trading down will be soothed by return of Hayward.Therefore the title
So i view Tatums growth and success as a critical component of rationalizing Haywards loss of season.
Then to equate Hayward's return to a lottery pick in lieu of the trade of Nets pick and restrictions put on Lakers was just another way to massage his loss.
With Jayson getting the full benefit of Gordons injury and given his age isn't that a huge plus going forward.Also raises some questions on how high is ceiling.
Hopefully a healthy Gordon coming pack has more value than a number one pick and the total lack of time he played just raises the question how good we could have been or will be.

Rollie, I don't think you understood what he was saying. Your post talked as much about Durant as it did about Hayward (the intended subject of the thread).