Celtics Basketball > Celtics Media and Video

Kyle Draper as play-by-play announcer

(1/2) > >>

coffee425:
https://streamable.com/26i3m

i personally love this from Kyle Draper. Nice to see some ridiculous Gus Johnson-like calls from the Celtics booth for once

not saying we should replace Mike Gorman, but maybe every once in a while, give him a night off for Kyle "bang-bang-bang" Draper.

tarheelsxxiii:
Huge fan of Gus Johnson.  I appreciate what Draper is trying to do here, but it just feels like 2 "bang"s too many.

chambers:
He was okay but his 'mmmmm"s on every second play were incredibly distracting. I think thst was a nerves/excitement thing.
If he gets it under control he'd be much better.

ZoneD:
I honestly can't stand Kyle Draper. He feels like he's trying too hard to impress and get everyone to like him. I feel like he always has a cringe-worthy statement whenever he talks.

I just can't quite shake the feeling that he's that guy who everyone dislikes but who tries really hard to get everyone to like him.

Surferdad:

--- Quote from: ZoneD on November 27, 2017, 05:12:44 PM ---I honestly can't stand Kyle Draper. He feels like he's trying too hard to impress and get everyone to like him. I feel like he always has a cringe-worthy statement whenever he talks.

I just can't quite shake the feeling that he's that guy who everyone dislikes but who tries really hard to get everyone to like him.

--- End quote ---
Sounds like he reminds you of someone else.  Try to judge his play-by-play on its own, without all the commentary he does on the CSN news broadcast.  He was actually "OK" at play-by-play, I would say even pretty good if you consider it was his first time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version