Author Topic: Okafor and agent getting upset (Merged thread)  (Read 10257 times)

Re: Okafor and agent getting upset
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2017, 01:46:52 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Jayson Tatum Tweeted out last night in support of Okafor responding to Devin Booker's "#FreeJah" Tweet with "#Facts." He has at least the 5th NBA player to support Okafor like this in the past week or so (a bunch of warriors did something last week) following on the heels of a similar sentiment from IT. This is getting really ugly for the 76ers and their reputation around the league.

https://twitter.com/jaytatum0/status/935210183327997960
https://deadspin.com/warriors-endorse-jahlil-okafors-quest-for-freedom-from-1820612462

« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2017, 02:00:34 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Another month, another Jahlil Okafor thread.

He sucks the life out of your offense. It's the opposite of a team game with him. He's an outstandingly poor defender and has a history of awful rebounding.

Not a desirable sum total for any team, but a particularly bad fit for Boston. It wouldn't be expensive, but there's no good reason to occupy a roster spot with him; it's much better in the big picture to give those precious floor minutes to Theis and Yabusele, who do fit well with Boston.

I did NOT know that our second unit had life to be sucked out.  I just thought our second unit sucked on offense, especially interior scoring!!!!

Smitty77

Given Brad's wacky rotations, it's hard to pinpoint the "second unit": let's just call them "bench guys". But I feel like Theis is getting better (learning to involve himself in the offense with confidence and anticipation) every game. His roll game is pretty good already, and his weird Euro-cuts sometimes produce nice results.

Same with Semi. His defence is utterly brilliant already, but he seems to be getting a little more creative with his offensive decision-making. I'd be willing to ride the guys we have for this year, of course if something pops up at the deadline you consider making a move. Despite my natural bias of not liking Okafor's game at all, I would like to see the second unit continue to develop as is, and think that adding a guy in Okafor's situation right now would be counter-productive.

Baynes is Baynes, he is always going to be Baynes. He might be the candidate to get moved. But Okafor's rebounding per 36 is about the same as Baynes. He shoots a slightly lower % than Baynes. He will draw more defensive collapses than Baynes because of his ability to really put it on the floor, but really that is about the only clear advantage. Not to mention that it is not a good look to move a FA, and Baynes sets FAR better screens.

Good luck with your career Jah. Good luck with it in Atlanta.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

Okafor clock ticking loudly
« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2017, 01:58:38 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
He was held out of Boston for individual training getting him ready for whatever happens at trade deadline
This is out of concern and trying to get Okafor ready to pursue his career said Brett Brown

He truly was a defensive hazard in Philly.
BUT he did lose weight and all those old rumors of Ainge pursuing him over the years.
Would Philly dare trade with Danny?
Is it even worth it?
Will Philly waive him?

Re: Okafor clock ticking loudly
« Reply #63 on: December 04, 2017, 02:10:25 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
I may get yelled at here, but I'm not ruling him out. CBS has shown the ability to turn around "hopeless" players and get them to play defense. He's still young and bad habits aren't irreversible.

If the price is Terry Rozier, forget it. If the price is a couple of seconds and some G-League baggage, color me intrigued.

Mike

« Reply #64 on: December 04, 2017, 02:15:47 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
Guess this kid was told to stay home and train for your career.     

I was wondering if Chicago would trade Portis for him if Phili would send them a second rounder.    I think that is a win win. 
Diggles

Re: Okafor and agent getting upset (Merged thread)
« Reply #65 on: December 04, 2017, 02:42:12 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
This just makes Philly look bad IMO. Invest in the guys future, waive him, buy him out, trade him... the one thing you should not do is nothing.  Makes Philly look spiteful and stupid.  They devalued an asset. 

« Reply #66 on: December 04, 2017, 02:49:12 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
This just makes Philly look bad IMO. Invest in the guys future, waive him, buy him out, trade him... the one thing you should not do is nothing.  Makes Philly look spiteful and stupid.  They devalued an asset.

#Trusttheprocess  :laugh:
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2017, 03:24:01 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

#Trusttheprocess  :laugh:
remember they got rid of Hinkie because he was "harming" them.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #68 on: December 04, 2017, 04:18:17 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I may get yelled at here, but I'm not ruling him out. CBS has shown the ability to turn around "hopeless" players and get them to play defense. He's still young and bad habits aren't irreversible.

If the price is Terry Rozier, forget it. If the price is a couple of seconds and some G-League baggage, color me intrigued.

Mike
I might be wrong but I don't think we have many 2nd rounder left. Like 1 in the next 3 years. I'd rather keep it

« Reply #69 on: December 04, 2017, 04:25:54 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

Mike
I might be wrong but I don't think we have many 2nd rounder left. Like 1 in the next 3 years. I'd rather keep it
you can always pick up a 2nd rounder for cash.  No reason not to make a trade to keep one of them.  Now if you just don't like Okafor that is fine, but there is no way you don't acquire him solely because it would be your last 2nd rounder.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2017, 07:41:03 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-sixers-nearing-deal-send-214236005.html

Phili giving up a second as well.    Booker is a player that will help Phili win now.   Wish we could have gotten a second and him for the end of our bench....

« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 08:01:14 PM by Diggles »
Diggles

« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2017, 08:33:20 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Phili giving up a second as well.    Booker is a player that will help Phili win now.   Wish we could have gotten a second and him for the end of our bench....

That's cool for the Nets - maybe they can sell their fans on recouping 2 of the lottery picks they sent to the Cs  ;)

TP for the update.

« Reply #72 on: December 07, 2017, 08:44:07 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

I remember some posters screaming about how we'd have to give up 1 or 2 Brooklyn picks to get Okafor and people wanted Stauskas over Smart.  so often the best trades are the ones that aren't made

« Reply #73 on: December 07, 2017, 08:49:45 PM »

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
Aww man this is the best case scenario..  With this change in Scenery Okafor can go on to be a lockdown defensive, high level Rebounding, super low post Stud in Brooklyn, helping them win many more games and making that pick even worse.. 

Thank you baby Jezuz!!!

« Reply #74 on: December 07, 2017, 09:30:43 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

I remember some posters screaming about how we'd have to give up 1 or 2 Brooklyn picks to get Okafor and people wanted Stauskas over Smart.  so often the best trades are the ones that aren't made
hmmmmm......Stauskas over Smart....hmmmmm