Author Topic: Ray Allen with Polarizing El Pres  (Read 1407 times)

Ray Allen with Polarizing El Pres
« on: March 28, 2018, 12:38:42 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
Just doing my due diligence of immediately sharing the link before viewing. Sorry if a re-post! Also sorry if barstool is frowned upon, they are objectively lame most of the time I agree.

https://www.barstoolsports.com/boston/daves-interview-with-ray-allen-was-an-emotional-experience-for-us-celtics-fans

Edit: Ray revealed a lot about “The Departure” and seems like he wants to sell some books! Pretty cool of Davey to give him grief throughout—that was funny.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 12:52:36 PM by Jiri Welsch »

Re: Ray Allen with Polarizing El Pres
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 12:54:48 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 Still don't like the guy. For those who can't see it, his excuse is we didn't offer a fair deal based on the market for shooting guards even though we offered more money than Miami.

He then goes in to explain it was between Miami, Memphis, and Minnesota. He said what would you choose.

I would have taking more money and stayed in Boston.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 01:49:00 PM by KG Living Legend »

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 07:16:45 PM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
The POS is trying to re-write history - he went to a rival(with LeBUM and DWade who should be in prison for assault) for LESS money than we offered during a time when we were in the hunt.  Screw him and screw his number being raised.  Traitor Ray will always be a traitor.

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2018, 07:35:38 PM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 101
  • B's Up
Honestly this made me respect ray just a little bit more Haha. Still hate the way he left and the way it all went down, and his excuse for leaving is still bs, but the guy took some shots from Davey pageviews and stuck it out and didn't really show any animosity towards pierce and KG or Boston fans. He def could've snapped a little bit but he took the shots with grace and tried to say all the right things.
I mean the camera panning over to the trash and prez saying his old ray Allen Jersey is in the bottom of the pile was just savage  ;D ;D
everyone got so sensitive after 9-11... thanks alot bin laden

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2018, 07:57:41 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I liked Ray and thought he was a class act prior to him coming here.   I liked him when he helped us win a ring.   I have hated him ever since he gave that lame excuse for leaving here when it was all about his ego.

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2018, 08:00:54 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Now his career is over and he wants to be loved in Boston.

These guys need to realize that just like they don't owe the fans any consideration in FA, the fans don't owe them Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. either.

If being a legend in Boston was important to Ray, or being one in Utah was important to Ray then they should have stayed. When they left they hurt their status in their respective cities.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2018, 09:21:51 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
This book is one of the dumbest thing that Ray could have done. Even after going to Miami for a while people thought he was still a classy guy and he had a lot of defenders. He just continues to look more and more whiny. Another excerpt from his book talks about him feeling insulted Cleveland didn't offer him more than a million dollars when he was 40 at the end of the year. Then he has got chapters complaining about KG and Rondo. I don't really remember anything like this before...

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2018, 09:50:59 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Ray's decision was emotional- similar to Wes Welker taking less in DEN than NE. He was asked point blank (in an accusatory tone) and gave his answer. It was not a great answer and his flawed logic was exposed. I found myself getting defensive when he started talking about not being given a contract commensurate with his stature. "But Ray, you weren't worth 3-4 yrs at whatever". "Ray, your non-shooting skills have deteriorated." It shocked me when he signed with MIA, and I wasn't happy about it.

That being said, I think its short-sighted to focus on the negative departure and forget about the '08 ring. Ray starts the inquisition off by saying that "you have to cherish the good times". I 100% agree with this. My takeaway from Ray Allen and his career in Boston was that I enjoyed watching him shoot 3's in green. All the other drama is merely a detail.

btw Portnoy's best quote: "Got all this trash here, maybe at the bottom of it, my Ray Allen jersey.'