Author Topic: Glad we didn't get Paul George.  (Read 8066 times)

Glad we didn't get Paul George.
« on: November 26, 2017, 09:09:58 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
This guy fell off the face of the planet....Paul George had a terrible night offensively vs the mavs, as he scored 2 points on 1-of-12 shooting and 0-of-4 from three.

https://www.welcometoloudcity.com/2017/11/25/16700442/thunder-vs-mavericks-score-2017-well-crap-that-was-awful

The Thunder were horrific all night and dropped this game to the 4-15 Mavericks, 97-81. The Thunder remain winless on the road against the Western Conference and are now once again 3 games under .500, with two humiliating performances following Wednesday’s big win over the Warriors.

What a train wreck that thunder team is. Remember all the people ready to give presti GM of the year? He cashed in on Melo and george and its looking like an epic failure so  far
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 09:17:11 PM by CelticsElite »

Re: Glad we didn't get Paul George.
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 09:17:13 PM »

Offline RLewis35

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 20
  • I drink and I know things
Arguably it was an epic success because it got Russ to sign long term.  He didn't give up that much for either player in the scheme of things.

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 09:18:22 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
so we must have been reading the same articles .

Lots of hate thrown at him from OKC fans

1-11 wil get ya lots of hate .....ask Smart .

My guess is PG3 is now bummed about being in OKC and their losing ways. He sees a dead end .

He acted like this in Indy too.   

PG3 is just killing time at OKC till he can flee to Lakers for max money and MAX TV time ......plus he figures If your gonna be stuck on a suck team .....might as well do it from his home area and in LA and enjoy the weather .  George maybe ultimately be much like Melo ......happy for a max paycheck and not much more .

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017, 09:23:21 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
"Paul George can only hit those game winners in gatorade commercials"
- Scal

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2017, 09:33:21 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Arguably it was an epic success because it got Russ to sign long term.  He didn't give up that much for either player in the scheme of things.

Hottest and most correct take of the day. It literally doesn't matter how well this version goes over, because it got Russ to sign. Melo is off the books soon, and George could be gone this year. They served their purpose. They build around Russ going forward.
#JKJB

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2017, 09:38:00 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
Paul George was a tenuous trade for us because it was likely only a one year rental.  But I never imagined that we would get Kyrie at the time.  There is simply no question that we are better off.  Same for any potential Jimmy Butler trades.

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2017, 09:51:17 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
"Paul George can only hit those game winners in gatorade commercials"
- Scal

Hahahaha, funny cuz it's true.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2017, 10:13:47 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
PG13 has never been the same since he has battled injuries.
Im hoping this is not something that GH might become..I suppose it will just be an issue of confidence...but didn't Danny Granger also suffered getting back to form when he came back from injuries but couldn't do it and was out of the league even before he reached 30?

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2017, 10:21:44 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Paul George isn’t the problem in OKC. He’s scored, defended and shot well overall.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2017, 10:27:13 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Paul George isn’t the problem in OKC. He’s scored, defended and shot well overall.
I think Russ is the problem.

I also think Presti is really overrated as a GM.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2017, 10:29:32 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Melo is subtraction by addition.  PG may have had one bad game but he's still a fine player.

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2017, 10:44:24 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Hottest and most correct take of the day. It literally doesn't matter how well this version goes over, because it got Russ to sign. Melo is off the books soon, and George could be gone this year. They served their purpose. They build around Russ going forward.
Which puts them the team exactly where the Clippers are with their signing of Blake Griffin.  Not great.

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2017, 01:08:14 AM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740

i heard from one of the main podcasts that the rumor is this...russ went overseas to get some knee plasma or something to that effect, with the plan to not sign the extension.  when he didn't recover as well as he had hoped he decided to not risk it and sign...but both or one may be true

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2017, 01:25:33 AM »

Online GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

And where will that get them exactly? They are going to be paying Russ like $40M a season eventually. So let’s lose PG13 for nothing to the Lakers and let Melo walk, but they still have Russ locked up!

What happens next? You have a disgruntled star making so much money without the ability to add talent around them or the willingness to deal him to bring back $35M+ in (most likely) bad contracts.

These new supermaxes are going to crush teams eventually, and I believe that was the point of them, so you can’t have 3-4 max guys together anymore. Some may have 2, but 3 seems impossible even if the cap balloons. Parity may be around the corner.

I don’t even think the Warriors can keep their core very much longer. Will the C’s be able to extend Marcus? Then give Kyrie a new contract while doing the same for Brown/Tatum. All while finding a way to retain Horford?

So either we go back to the days of one- or two-star teams or the NBA eventually going to an even more lenient soft cap.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2017, 01:44:35 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Melo is subtraction by addition.  PG may have had one bad game but he's still a fine player.

Probably will be addition by subtraction after this year.  I imagine the thunder will be better without melo, but that is just me.